i need space - is she done enough?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

As far as visibly, i plug it in and a couple lights are out.
View attachment 952960
Anyway to maybe get like an electric tester or some shit to figure out what exactly is wrong with it, what happened inside? etc, diagnose it i guess you would say.
open it up and just cut some wires and try a diff driver in there... thats a easy fix.........

also as BW said use it as it is as a extra light I have a light that has done the same thing and I move it around and use the shit out of it.....

before you thrash it send it to me fuck I'll fix it ,or use it as it is...lol

I'll just keep my 2cents to myself about the rest.......😉😇

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
ive replaced the drivers in my one blurple lights 3 times.i found them on ebay for cheap

So for a meizhi 450w, how would I tell what driver? Just look at the old one?(I'm completely new to this)(do the drivers have some type of wattage in them?) I'll look at the light in a little bit. It would be cool if I could fix this one. Id put this one innto supplement the flower tent instead of the shit generic light I got in there now supplementing.

Thanks @newh I'll look into it.

What even is the driver if anyone cares to explain? Could probably just google. Is it just the power box to the light? Lol.

open it up and just cut some wires and try a diff driver in there... thats a easy fix.........

also as BW said use it as it is as a extra light I have a light that has done the same thing and I move it around and use the shit out of it.....

before you thrash it send it to me fuck I'll fix it ,or use it as it is...lol

I'll just keep my 2cents to myself about the rest.......😉😇

Once I get the new QBs installed if I can't get this working I literally will I have no other use for it. But I'll be pretty dedicated to getting it working 🤣 I'll get a new driver. New wiring. Etc. I don't get why it just went bam. Wtf. Lol. I'm on my second grow and I've already had to replace all my equipment like twice lmaoo. Man, I thought at first I was buying quality. You learn the real shit later on lol.

Could use this light and replace my shit generic "WILLSled" light I got in there lol.

Moshmen

Moshmen

lookin good in there! The second is always better than the first and the 3rd will be even better ! Once the growing starts it’s kinda addictive huh? Lol nice work

newh

newh

So for a meizhi 450w, how would I tell what driver? Just look at the old one?(I'm completely new to this)(do the drivers have some type of wattage in them?) I'll look at the light in a little bit. It would be cool if I could fix this one. Id put this one innto supplement the flower tent instead of the shit generic light I got in there now supplementing.

Thanks @newh I'll look into it.

What even is the driver if anyone cares to explain? Could probably just google. Is it just the power box to the light? Lol.

Once I get the new QBs installed if I can't get this working I literally will I have no other use for it. But I'll be pretty dedicated to getting it working 🤣 I'll get a new driver. New wiring. Etc. I don't get why it just went bam. Wtf. Lol. I'm on my second grow and I've already had to replace all my equipment like twice lmaoo. Man, I thought at first I was buying quality. You learn the real shit later on lol.

Could use this light and replace my shit generic "WILLSled" light I got in there lol.
go on ebay and search power supply or driver for mezhi led.your light has at least 2 maybe 4 drivers.theres lots of drivers that will run that light but you should be able to find one that fits in the same space as the one you have.theres a driver or 2 for the fans also just follow the wires.mine has snap togethers on the ends of the wire sets makes it easy peasy

newh

newh

go on ebay and search power supply or driver for mezhi led.your light has at least 2 maybe 4 drivers.theres lots of drivers that will run that light but you should be able to find one that fits in the same space as the one you have.theres a driver or 2 for the fans also just follow the wires.mine has snap togethers on the ends of the wire sets makes it easy peasy
you can tottaly rebuild those lights if you search for the led boards too i have spare led boards and drivers now lol.changing the boards is a little more work involved theres thermal paste between the board and the heat sink that you need for a rebuild

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
you can tottaly rebuild those lights if you search for the led boards too i have spare led boards and drivers now lol.changing the boards is a little more work involved theres thermal paste between the board and the heat sink that you need for a rebuild
Awesome man i really appreciate the response. SO i took a couple pictures, im assuming im just looking for the new drivers, which would bet wor the black boxes?
Now, im a computer nerd, and the way i diagnose things on the computer would pretty much take it one step at a time, that was how i was going to do this. First replace the driver,if that doesnt work, replace the wiring, or even do the wiring+ drivers, and then do the next thing etc.

Anyways...
IMG 20200322 175116 4

IMG 20200322 175124 8

On the bright side..

Now im super pumped about the next cycle of plants...

bunkerking

bunkerking

Awesome man i really appreciate the response. SO i took a couple pictures, im assuming im just looking for the new drivers, which would bet wor the black boxes?
Now, im a computer nerd, and the way i diagnose things on the computer would pretty much take it one step at a time, that was how i was going to do this. First replace the driver,if that doesnt work, replace the wiring, or even do the wiring+ drivers, and then do the next thing etc.

Anyways...
View attachment 953283
View attachment 953284

On the bright side..

View attachment 953285

View attachment 953286

If you can. Look at the connector pins crimps. Those can easily get damaged from moving around. Sometimes, most of the time they dont use nice one. So make sure. More so on the drivers. Safety always. :)

newh

newh

Anyways...
View attachment 953283
View attachment 953284

On the bright side..

View attachment 953285

View attachment 953286

do all the black boxes have the same info on them?if theres an odd one thats the one for the fans. cant tell in the pic which way the wires go

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Going to say C is the fan. Bunker, double checked the connections, they're actually attached quite... Decently..! Continuing to look over though, there's alot. It looks like the wires run from the switches to A and B boxes so im assuming a and b are light drivers and then c powers the fans? Assuming. A and B also have the same info on them. c is the oddball

IMG 20200322 221540 8
IMG 20200322 220320 5
IMG 20200322 221525 1
IMG 20200322 221534 3
basscaptain

basscaptain

you should be able to unplug a and b and switch the wires that will tell you if it's a driver or the LED's them self......

basscaptain

basscaptain

think I'm cutting a bft today/monday ...:) it will be 8 weeks and #1 is looking good

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm not killing my plant so we're not on the same page here....
Mine is getting cut 2 times and then going outside....
But this #1 maybe just be going right back into veg inside instead.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

So I just went mine to just start turning smoke color......I'm not going to pull it before time I'm just going to cut the tops off half way..let it go a few more days and then cut it again and move it so we're still talking this week and that will put it at 9 weeks...

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Phew. Busy couple hours gettin work done lol.

So I just went mine to just start turning smoke color......I'm not going to pull it before time I'm just going to cut the tops off half way..let it go a few more days and then cut it again and move it so we're still talking this week and that will put it at 9 weeks...

I was going to do the same thing, but, I don't know, I just feel more comfortable harvesting the plant as a whole. Not that it really matters I guess. When the bud is done, it's done. Meh, I've gone this far. I'm going to finish her out. As much as I want to pull her now just to have some shit to smoke. That makes me uncomfortable too.

All this work today makes it possible for all the plants to stay moving though. So were all good. The flower tent is now a little packed up. But she's going to start emptying soon. Getting the seedlings into one gallons finally tonight. I'm on a roll tonight getting work done.

It's well needed. I definitely can admit, I slack when it comes to this. After work I'm so tired and stuff all this shit gets added up to the weekend and it's like another 8 hour shift. Not that I don't enjoy it. I love this. But dang you really do gotta work, and I better get used to it!

I'm hoping to have some of these girls harvested here in a week or two. Make some flower space.

Btw yeah, I'm a messy transplanter. Lol.

IMG 20200323 030244 4
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
HAD A FUCKING BEE INSIDE MY TENT THAT TRIED TO HIT ME OUT OF NO WHERE. Wow that was a rough fight. Good morning captain!

It's funny, when I first started growing, I was all like "ehh I'll just grow a plant or two"

Now I have no space in the 4x4, the 2x4 is barely breathing, seedlings going into 1 gals, QBs on the way, it's uh.. crazy how things change 😂

New 2x4 below. Had to move some fans. Moved the big fan out of the flower tent to make space
Replaced that with 2 smaller ones from the veg and gave the veg the big fan.

IMG 20200320 062858 4
IMG 20200323 011202 8

Latest posts

Top Bottom