I'll Never Do That Again!

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Metal cage wire for scrog lattice. Coincided with an old ballast meltdown, me reaching under the plant to unplug odd sounding ballast and feeling that telltale split second thunderclap on top of my head where it touched the cage.
:sweating: damn it!

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

And why this isn't sticky ... this like the first thread ( vaseline made a chilling enough first entry for me ) one should read. Plans changed. Techniques altered. Insanity avoided. GFI on every. fucking. thing. attached. to. power. Even in a closet. The presence of water changes everything. Safety first.

- Edit -

Ok, read more of the thread and well. LOL. THIS is why I like the folks here. Sure, I wonder what they were thinking, but for the grace of the forum, there I would be ... doing that. Ain't life a humbling experience?

My worst - using miracle-gro on my outdoor. Way too much N and just plain dumb.

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I got paranoid and dug up my plant that was kicking ass behind my house and put it inside in a bucket in front of a big south facing window. Came home from work the next day and the whole thing was crispy dry. LOL on the fish emulsion bomb. I did the exact same thing.
U gotta use things like fish emulsion and bone meal sparingly or that's exactly what happens.
Plus useing fish emulsion indoors is something I would severely warn against as it stinks to high heaven,especially on hot days.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

One cold day I foolishly put a heater that blows hot air in my tent.mega blunder.i had pointed it away from the plants but it musta turned itself round with the vibrations wen it was on and it ended up pointing at my plants.killed off everything the hot air touched.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I just let a clone-the only clone from the keeper pheno from my last seed run-get sucked into an extractor fan.its still alive but the tops all broke and twisted but as I say it is still alive so not too bad of a blunder compared to my usual shit.like wen I'm trying to lst a topped plant and snap off half the plant or used scented kitchen roll to try to germinate a£80 pack of beans which obviously didn't germ coz of whatever the scent was.or wen I cooked a pack of beans on a heat mat.fuck ups galore in my grow room

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I will never panic and spray (drench) my plants with home depot products because the video on the website said it will work according to how much I use. Bad move. Big lost.Smh

OUCH

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Lets add growing indoor trees in 7 gallon pots in a tent to the list.

Dan789

Dan789

Try to grow up in an attic. Couldn't fit any tent amongst the scissor trusses, had to construct the enclosure, (lots of work). Always bumping my head, shins, knees on something. Humping the water, neuts up the fold up ladder. Going up/down the ladder untold amount of times during grow. Not paying attention the the RH during bloom. Trying to grow too many plants at once.
Not topping soon enough. Not using enough lights for bloom.

(Abandoned the attic, reclaimed some space for a grow on the first floor, got some 4x4 tents, grew more, easier and with fewer plants, much better results all around).

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

One more thing, ignore the signs that your carbon filter had lost its effectiveness and being told by a neighbor walking his dog that your whole house and yard smelled pretty dank, like I someone had just burned a fatty.

Top Bottom