I'm Myles from Cali Gold Genetics, New here to the farm, just saying whats happenin'

• Thread starter CaliGoldGenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

not likely its a genetic mutation.

Yeah I dont forsee hail causing that to happen to a plant, it's highly, highly, unlikely but I wont goes as far as to say impossible.... (you never know??)

It would appear to be a genetic mutation as you mentioned like polyploidy, but in this case believe it or not, its the result of interactions of hormones and the way they are distributed or not distributed. in essence what kinds of hormones are where, how much there is of em, and how long they are there, a very gross over simplification I know, but thats kinda the jist of it... and its going to be dictated to a certain extent by the environmental conditions and weather they allow certain things to take place or not........... ( imagine it like a person with hormones that are quote- unquote "outta wack" compared to the rest of thier peers, lets say that they were extremely aggressive, and instead of trying to correct the imbalance of hormones to calm them down, they were put in a hostile environment and told to let thier aggression flow, its a good thing, the more aggressive the better....in an environment like high school excess aggresion is frowned upon, but in the special ops branches of the military this is seen as an essential trait to success and survival so to speak).... thats probably a crumby analogy, but my point is that the environment will dictate to a certain extent if a trait is favorable in that environment or not, and if it will be nourished and encouraged or not, kinda like high school vs military in regards to encouraging or discouraging the already existing agrression. Having the genetic potential in the plant is half of it, but the other half is learning to exploit that genetic potential and coax out those traits that more often than not, do not need to be used by the plant in most of the environments it encounters....

I dont know if my analogies helped at all, if they didnt and they just made everything worse, I applologise.... theres an article in the latest issue of Skunk Magazine that goes into more detail, or shoot me a message if you got any questions and im not making any sense.. **its the Monsters of Grow Issue ...for anyone who wants to check it out

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
polypliod....having 3 times the hapliod number of chromosomes in the cell nucleus. tripliod somatic cells

soserthc1

soserthc1

welcome to the farm ..... best of luck on your venture.... love a good sativa , hate waiting 14 weeks .... gotta a few durban poison's going soon but should be 63-84 max..... also looking forward to running my burmess again..... peace soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

Yeah I dont forsee hail causing that to happen to a plant, it's highly, highly, unlikely but I wont goes as far as to say impossible.... (you never know??)

It would appear to be a genetic mutation as you mentioned like polyploidy, but in this case believe it or not, its the result of interactions of hormones and the way they are distributed or not distributed. in essence what kinds of hormones are where, how much there is of em, and how long they are there, a very gross over simplification I know, but thats kinda the jist of it... and its going to be dictated to a certain extent by the environmental conditions and weather they allow certain things to take place or not........... ( imagine it like a person with hormones that are quote- unquote "outta wack" compared to the rest of thier peers, lets say that they were extremely aggressive, and instead of trying to correct the imbalance of hormones to calm them down, they were put in a hostile environment and told to let thier aggression flow, its a good thing, the more aggressive the better....in an environment like high school excess aggresion is frowned upon, but in the special ops branches of the military this is seen as an essential trait to success and survival so to speak).... thats probably a crumby analogy, but my point is that the environment will dictate to a certain extent if a trait is favorable in that environment or not, and if it will be nourished and encouraged or not, kinda like high school vs military in regards to encouraging or discouraging the already existing agrression. Having the genetic potential in the plant is half of it, but the other half is learning to exploit that genetic potential and coax out those traits that more often than not, do not need to be used by the plant in most of the environments it encounters.... wild just read this and picked up my books a few days ago and they were sitting next to me high times dec issue and the skunk issue you talked about was right under it on the cover , gotta read now , and 100th issue of weed world was under it to, strange coivincedence

I dont know if my analogies helped at all, if they didnt and they just made everything worse, I applologise.... theres an article in the latest issue of Skunk Magazine that goes into more detail, or shoot me a message if you got any questions and im not making any sense.. **its the Monsters of Grow Issue ...for anyone who wants to check it out
got it sitting right here, next in line and there you are right on cover , cool shit....

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

got it sitting right here, next in line and there you are right on cover , cool shit....

Rite on, thanks for checking it out!

Nice! Ive pretty much been a fan of anything ive sampled or grown from central or southern africa.

Yeah I hear ya, compared to the local cuttings running around that can finish in like 55-60 days it almost like a punishmnet. Some of my friends can pull twice in 14 weeks lol, so to them from that stand point some of us including myself seem pretty crazy to wait that long. many times its well worth it, but then theres always a few here and there, even from the same stock that arent so worth it, and for some, (like a few of my buddies) it kinda takes the luster out of wanting to try long flowering strain to many more times.. lol.. but i guesss it all depends on why your growing and who your growing for.

How long have you had your durban?

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

welcome to the farm ..... best of luck on your venture.... love a good sativa , hate waiting 14 weeks .... gotta a few durban poison's going soon but should be 63-84 max..... also looking forward to running my burmess again..... peace soser

Are you pretty stoked with your Burmese?

If you dont mind me askin, where did u get em, and how long have you been running em?

Being a hige thai fan/ southeast asain fan, I would love to find a great vintage of burmese that really does justice to its legendary reputation for high quality

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

whats happenen welcome to the farm. i believe we met two years ago at ty expo. anyways hows things and let me say been trying to grab some of your gear since then. anyways hope all is well

Very cool..yeah im sure ill remember you if we met, you might have to refresh my memory a bit with a few more details, but send me a pm and we can work on getting you hooked up with some gear whenever you want.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Are you pretty stoked with your Burmese?

If you dont mind me askin, where did u get em, and how long have you been running em?

Being a hige thai fan/ southeast asain fan, I would love to find a great vintage of burmese that really does justice to its legendary reputation for high quality
I got them from kcbrains with some mango beans about 5 years ago , I ran them twice 4 0f 6 beans with three being female and all were good yielding plant's but one was a monster and finished fairly quick 84 days ... I kept that around for awhile but a bad case of mites made me destroy it. I have two beans left and am hoping to use them one day for breeding, would love to cross them with something special but buku beat me to that one.... I am not as free as I would like to be , so once this state loosin up a bit. I will start breeding alot more than I currently do. terrific smoke thou .......Respect SoSer.......

soserthc1

soserthc1

Rite on, thanks for checking it out!

Nice! Ive pretty much been a fan of anything ive sampled or grown from central or southern africa.

Yeah I hear ya, compared to the local cuttings running around that can finish in like 55-60 days it almost like a punishmnet. Some of my friends can pull twice in 14 weeks lol, so to them from that stand point some of us including myself seem pretty crazy to wait that long. many times its well worth it, but then theres always a few here and there, even from the same stock that arent so worth it, and for some, (like a few of my buddies) it kinda takes the luster out of wanting to try long flowering strain to many more times.. lol.. but i guesss it all depends on why your growing and who your growing for.

How long have you had your durban?
Just aquired some Durban s1 beans from a special pheno of a fellow farmer on here, there in there infant stages and I currently have 3 going in veg ...... 1 is looking alot nicer than the other two but still really early there about 3 weeks old , I have a thread here with them , the pheno these s1's come from has been helping the farmers patient's with diabetes and my wife is a type 1 insulin using diabetic , so trying to help her out.... I have not had a chance to read your article yet but I'll read it tonight during my night time smoke session , what kind of catalog you got..... i'll pm u ....... answer when you get time no rush..... blessing's soser

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
There is just one bud that looks like this on my GC X HG I call it "Green Gold"
(smells like pineapple lifesavers)
Mohawkbud1

weird

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

NICE!!!! You gotta be pretty stoked!

That a beautiful "Sunburst" head as we call em......or mohawks as others do

***( I guess theres really not an official name in the industry yet for these kinds of expressions, specifically in relation to how many branches at each node there are, say one sunburst head has 8 or so branches on each side , and a dif sunburst head on a dif plant has 5 or 6 branches on each side, both are following similar arrangements but one may be heading towards a multijugate plant and the other could be followig Fibonacci's number, or both! ....just something i thought id mention... it couldnt hurt to start collecting valid input from everybody and start heading in the direction of a general consensus as an industry/ field of study/ community, since the understanding of thier functions and in many cases the classification of whats actually occurred and what to call it is somewhat limited IMHO)**

The only one on the plant like that..... seems to fit in pretty well with my belief that phylotactic arrangements or "mutations" such as these are products of hormonal activity in responce to a number of specific conditions in the environment... rather than polyploidy or the likes(genetic mutations)

Im gunna go out on limb here, and suggest that its very likely that if your Green Gold wasnt grown outside in the sunshine, the chances of it expressing that arrangement would have been drastically smaller.

Does the stem flatten out fairly wide on that one?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks Cali...I am pretty stoked :)
and I woulda totally freaked out(even more) if I had not seen this thread.:confused:

Im doing a test grow for Baba G @ Golden Lion genitics,
and I have a 18inch tall seedling that is a Tri-whatever Or polyploid ...(has 3 instead of 2 sets of stems) :D

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

thanks Cali...I am pretty stoked :)
and I woulda totally freaked out(even more) if I had not seen this thread.:confused:

Im doing a test grow for Baba G @ Golden Lion genitics,
and I have a 18inch tall seedling that is a Tri-whatever Or polyploid ...(has 3 instead of 2 sets of stems) :D

Rite on.. Ive heard of Golden Lion thru the grapevine. ( Ironically we both released a strain called KeyLime Kush around the same time. It sounds like they prob got to that name before we did, so to be respectful we've since dropped the name)

It sounds like they have some pretty nice stuff. Id love hear how the test goes.

I would have to check out your triple noders to see if theres any other things going on, but if you get a chance, check out the definition of "trifoliate", it could help you determine which kind of change you got going on there, cuz it can be tricky at times to truely discern which/what kind of phylotaxy or mutation is taking place.:confused:

From what your saying it sounds like it could be a trifoliate,( their the $hit) basically a third more production! Ive had a couple trifoliate plants through out time that were beasts! and they didnt sacrifice quality for quantity at all....which can happen from time to time.

Im liking all the unique stuff you got going man! cant wait to see how they turn out

Top Bottom