I'm Myles from Cali Gold Genetics, New here to the farm, just saying whats happenin'

• Thread starter CaliGoldGenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Myles,your right bro i didnt read it!but i will now that i kind of understand what your doing.Basically your just breeding in traits that you would like to see without altering the plants genes or dna and to that i say go for it!If on the other hand you are doing this by exposing the plant to radiation or some sort of chemical process(mutagenesis)i would not be a fan of that personally.Ill definitely pick up the mag and read the article so i can better understand what your doing.

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

Myles,your right bro i didnt read it!but i will now that i kind of understand what your doing.Basically your just breeding in traits that you would like to see without altering the plants genes or dna and to that i say go for it!If on the other hand you are doing this by exposing the plant to radiation or some sort of chemical process(mutagenesis)i would not be a fan of that personally.Ill definitely pick up the mag and read the article so i can better understand what your doing.

Rite on! Yeah Im not wanting to induce genetic changes through mutagenesis, but radiation in the form of light is what they live on and I say it in that way because as you had mentioned exposing it to radiation, I know what you mean, I just wanted to clear it up for anyone who may question how it is ment, since their is essentially exposing it to radiation and exposing it to radiation, meaning that light is radiation and plants must have light, therefore they must be exposed to radiation, but then there is also types of radiation like from radioactive elements and the likes that is not the same as the radiation from differing frequencies and wavelengths of light. So no Im def not using or gunna use radioactive type stuff, but using different frequencies and wavelengths of light Im cool with. As far as the changing or altering of dna again like the radiation is a two sided coin in respect to its meaning and which way your asking it, and I know what you mean and which way your refering to, I just like to bring it up because ive read other forums and seen how people use certain words knowing or unknowingly that have dual meanings and sometimes like with the dna question no matter what you do your always altering the dna to some extent, even just cross breeding, its just are you altering it through natural processes, or are you altering it by putting in transgenic genes. With that said no Im not going to alter them with transgeneics and the likes, but through selective breeding, yes the genes will ultimately end up changed from where they started. I hope I didnt ramble to much I was just trying to be clear

soserthc1

soserthc1

Ok soser maybe were not on the same page,i dont consider fimming or topping to be genetically altering the plant myself although im sure i could be wrong,you can top or train all you want but it doesnt change the plants genes or dna or the structure of what we naturally have,now on the other hand if you DO change the genes or dna or how it would naturally grow by altering it genetically in some way im not a fan of that.Monsanto is a company that has done just that with our food crops to produce more yield than otherwise possible but it has caused side effects that are not so great hence my "monsanto'ish" comment,maybe i should have said like monsanto and it would have been more grammattically correct,If you check your urban dictionary you will find that "ish" on the end of any word means "kind of" or "sort of" so what i meant was that was kind of or sort of like monsanto.I was not sure if i screwed it up or not so i asked my daughter who told me its not proper english but two 3rd year college students should have gotten the just of it,she would give them a c+ at best for comprehension,lol,she is a sociology proffessor at one of the larger universities in boston and while she doesnt teach english she does have a masters in it and a couple books to her credit.Please forgive me as im a simple businessman and not schooled in proper english,no one on the construction sites seems to notice.
nice , lol.... made mee laugh no one at the construction site seems to mind... i hear you bro, i used spell check on here more than you could imagine , but thats what happens when you don't pull out at 17 in high school , you become lucky to just get on the construction site..... not belittling you one bit fish , actually your post come off were intelligent .......be well soser

Gangaman

Gangaman

Hello my friend and welcome, am also new to the word of forums but ive been growing for about 10 years, first in PA now legally in Nor Cal. I'm very interested in testing some sativas particularly some Mexican highlands. I'm in a hot a dry part of the Serria's and I think they would do well. Get at me.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Just got a subscription to skunk looking forward to reading your article the pictures remind me of this plant that had an accordian bud at the top i figured it was from hail??

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just got a subscription to skunk looking forward to reading your article the pictures remind me of this plant that had an accordian bud at the top i figured it was from hail??
sure you have read it by now but it was a very good read ........ @myles - got a few follow up questions to you response pm , I will get it over to you answer when time permits sir, thank you.......soser

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ya I grew tricussate I guess it's called but it grew three branches at each node instead of the normal two... It just didn't flourish but I did notice the
Potential in such a trait...I also grew once an accordion bud but it got botrytis . Very interesting

incognito

incognito

no sir...billygoat schooled on sativas indoors..if running clones, root and flip..from seed top multiple times, train.flip

Here is a link to more great info on indoor Sativa growing. Wow! I have been looking for a solution like this. ... thank you very much "Hugh Ghit" :) Still looking for Billygoat's posts. Can't wait to read them.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Here is a link to more great info on indoor Sativa growing. Wow! I have been looking for a solution like this. ... thank you very much "Hugh Ghit" :) Still looking for Billygoat's posts. Can't wait to read them.
billygoat is in the breeders section ;)...good guy

incognito

incognito

Hey whats happening farmers, I'm Myles and I just wanted to introduce myself and Cali Gold Genetics. We're fairly new as a company, but our roots in breeding and growing go back over three decades. We have a special place in our heart for equitorial landrace sativas, and most of our varieties we have bred to retain our favorite sativa characteristics from electric, up and racey, to stoned, confused and scared. We would love to find some test growers, and I hope to meet some fellow sativa farmers, and anyone else who wants to share knowledge and possibly trade genetics.

Hi Myles, welcome to "The Farm". Your skills are elite. I love it. It's hard to visit THCFarmer and not learn something awesome. Thank you for joining.

soserthc1

soserthc1

High wondering if any of you sativa lovers can tell me where to get the best cinderella 99 seeds my sons request for his xmas present that I grow for him thanks guys awesome skills Medusa
not sure on the c99 but kos seeds has an iron cindy strain that sounds interesting ... maybe wanna check that out go to thehouseofdank.com

619ster

619ster

High wondering if any of you sativa lovers can tell me where to get the best cinderella 99 seeds my sons request for his xmas present that I grow for him thanks guys awesome skills Medusa
Mosca Seeds has C99 BX, and Mosca IMO is a reputable breeder.

Interesting genetics Myles. Curious to see what Cali Gold Genetics will bring forth to the table. Peace!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Mosca Seeds has C99 BX, and Mosca IMO is a reputable breeder.

Interesting genetics Myles. Curious to see what Cali Gold Genetics will bring forth to the table. Peace!
yea seen that to but i'm still digging the iron cindy , something about that metal haze and cindy 99 sounds like an awesome functional day time smoke.....

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

Rite on man! thanks, thats very cool to hear. I hope you enjoyed it

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

sure you have read it by now but it was a very good read ........ @myles - got a few follow up questions to you response pm , I will get it over to you answer when time permits sir, thank you.......soser

Thanks for the kind words soser, yeah send em' on over man, I'll have a little bit of extra time in the next few weeks.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

When willnur seeds be available here excuse me if that has beennanswered. Already peace.

Top Bottom