I'm Myles from Cali Gold Genetics, New here to the farm, just saying whats happenin'

• Thread starter CaliGoldGenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

P8010492
P8010494 1
P8010482
notice how flat and bendy the stem is

soserthc1

soserthc1

I strongly suggest reading this month issue of Skunk Mag Vol 8 Issue 3 its was written by Myles of CaliGoldGenetic's (The person who started this thread) It discusses the future of cannabis genetic's were possible in the future there will be seeds that are Pentacussate - 5 branches at each internode or Octacussate 8-branches at each internode - which will eliminate the need for fimming and topping and have it built into the genetic's. It is a very interesting read to say the least and there are pictures of some ....check it out.... nice work Myles ....... peace SoSer................well maybe I should of read the rest of this thread before posting as I noticed he posted some pictures above -non the less was were interesting ........

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

Good shit Myles! Been trying to figure out how to breed mutations into seed form for a while. Ive had a couple trifoliates that were stacked like bricks. you got anything under 11 Weeks? Would love to get my hands on some new sats. Been thinkin about bustin out some old kc brains s2s I made a while back. Something new would be stupendous though! Gonna be dropping here @ the farm?

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

I grew out one seed it turned out to be a male i have a few more but its a 120 sativa... i might grow out a few in december...

Nice! I would def like to see how they do and what they become, from what ive read and pics ive seen it looks like something thats right up my alley!

I know not everybodys in the position (for one reason or another) to let males flower or even start to flower,( dont worry i wont think any different of you if you respond in any way relatively close to some of my friends .... saw he was male:mad: , grabbed him by the neck, and proceeded to rip his head off and throw his bottom half outta the girls room before he even had a chance to tell his side of the story) ...but i digress.. but were you able to let it go into flower enough to see what its flower structure looked like? or like any other characteristics that hinted at what it may have to offer "characteristic- wise" in a pollination?

(did it grow in any way similar to how Ive typically seen pics of it, where its kind of a beautifuly delicate and spindley tower of nearly singular bracts?)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I strongly suggest reading this month issue of Skunk Mag Vol 8 Issue 3 its was written by Myles of CaliGoldGenetic's (The person who started this thread) It discusses the future of cannabis genetic's were possible in the future there will be seeds that are Pentacussate - 5 branches at each internode or Octacussate 8-branches at each internode - which will eliminate the need for fimming and topping and have it built into the genetic's. It is a very interesting read to say the least and there are pictures of some ....check it out.... nice work Myles ....... peace SoSer................well maybe I should of read the rest of this thread before posting as I noticed he posted some pictures above -non the less was were interesting ........

I found that when I goggled Polyploid...I didnt make the conection...

Hell yeah, Nice work Myles!

L

Lesnah

Hey CGG!!! I read your article in that issue a while back, and I saw your "Topa Mountain Purple Thai" I believe it was called , in one another skun issue one of the quarterly releases. I've been trying to find you online and finally I came here. Will you be releasing seeds of your Thai plants? I've been researching old school heirloom landraces and Thai varieties are my next focus. Thanks in advance!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hey CGG!!! I read your article in that issue a while back, and I saw your "Topa Mountain Purple Thai" I believe it was called , in one another skun issue one of the quarterly releases. I've been trying to find you online and finally I came here. Will you be releasing seeds of your Thai plants? I've been researching old school heirloom landraces and Thai varieties are my next focus. Thanks in advance!!
he
has not been back on since oct 31 st. and welcome to the farm .......

soserthc1

soserthc1

Maybe im crazy but genetically altering/breeding mutations into MJ seems a little monsanto'ish to me,why would we want to fuck up a good thing?
If it is a mutation that many seek , hence fimming , topping , what would be the harm Fish and excuse my ignorance but i currently have two kids sitting with me in the last year of college and one is a english major and neither i nor they know what monsanto'ish mean ..... respect soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks for the heads up Soser.
? for ? are you referring to the post of reading myles 's article if so you can quote that post and put you question comments under it, if that is what u are referring to your welcome .... seen you only posted twice so figured you were talking about that, welcome to the farm also.......peace soser

caligirl

caligirl

Hey whats happening farmers, I'm Myles and I just wanted to introduce myself and Cali Gold Genetics. We're fairly new as a company, but our roots in breeding and growing go back over three decades. We have a special place in our heart for equitorial landrace sativas, and most of our varieties we have bred to retain our favorite sativa characteristics from electric, up and racey, to stoned, confused and scared. We would love to find some test growers, and I hope to meet some fellow sativa farmers, and anyone else who wants to share knowledge and possibly trade genetics.

caligirl

caligirl

Hi Myles, I love sativas and sativa dom hybrids. Love hazes but cant seem to grow them (tried titans haze - harvested at end of november - monster w no solid buds. All time best grow is casey jones - indoor or out - good yield, flavor, mold, mildwew and mite resistant. My last grow also included a bunch of TGA genetics which grew really well and then all fell victim to mites mold or mildew (the dreaded three m's). However my cj, and purple widow and cannatonics were great (same location). Are you interested in developing strains that are even more resistant to three m's? So far i have never had any isssue with casey jones. Unfortunately the tgas were very susceptible. And of course all sativa lovers would appreciate shorter harvest times and denser buds. See ya around the forum

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If it is a mutation that many seek , hence fimming , topping , what would be the harm Fish and excuse my ignorance but i currently have two kids sitting with me in the last year of college and one is a english major and neither i nor they know what monsanto'ish mean ..... respect soser
Ok soser maybe were not on the same page,i dont consider fimming or topping to be genetically altering the plant myself although im sure i could be wrong,you can top or train all you want but it doesnt change the plants genes or dna or the structure of what we naturally have,now on the other hand if you DO change the genes or dna or how it would naturally grow by altering it genetically in some way im not a fan of that.Monsanto is a company that has done just that with our food crops to produce more yield than otherwise possible but it has caused side effects that are not so great hence my "monsanto'ish" comment,maybe i should have said like monsanto and it would have been more grammattically correct,If you check your urban dictionary you will find that "ish" on the end of any word means "kind of" or "sort of" so what i meant was that was kind of or sort of like monsanto.I was not sure if i screwed it up or not so i asked my daughter who told me its not proper english but two 3rd year college students should have gotten the just of it,she would give them a c+ at best for comprehension,lol,she is a sociology proffessor at one of the larger universities in boston and while she doesnt teach english she does have a masters in it and a couple books to her credit.Please forgive me as im a simple businessman and not schooled in proper english,no one on the construction sites seems to notice.

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

Hey whats happenin, sorry I havent been on in a minute, I appologise for leaving anyone hangin who asked questions, ive just been crazy busy.

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

Hey CGG!!! I read your article in that issue a while back, and I saw your "Topa Mountain Purple Thai" I believe it was called , in one another skun issue one of the quarterly releases. I've been trying to find you online and finally I came here. Will you be releasing seeds of your Thai plants? I've been researching old school heirloom landraces and Thai varieties are my next focus. Thanks in advance!![/quote

Yeah we'll be coming out with a few diff Thai variants. I dont know how it works here at the farm with the seeds and the auctions and stuff, but i'll be in touch with you. Im stoked to hear your wanting to work with the hierloom Thai varieties, I think a lot of the great modern strains have the old Thai genetics as parents. I think working with the killer old school candy Thai varients [with flavors in the candy cherry, berry, juicy fruit line of flavors and the sweet and sour as some old timers called it, (most likely a relative of the lemon grass type strain/ flavor of some Thai's) , or another killer yet slightly later on and diff one the Chocolate thai, which came in the years following the original candy and sweet and sour Thai imports] is nearly essential for breeding killer sativa hybrids
Cant wait to see your research and any Thai treasures you might find along the way:)

CaliGoldGenetics

CaliGoldGenetics

Ok soser maybe were not on the same page,i dont consider fimming or topping to be genetically altering the plant myself although im sure i could be wrong,you can top or train all you want but it doesnt change the plants genes or dna or the structure of what we naturally have,now on the other hand if you DO change the genes or dna or how it would naturally grow by altering it genetically in some way im not a fan of that.Monsanto is a company that has done just that with our food crops to produce more yield than otherwise possible but it has caused side effects that are not so great hence my "monsanto'ish" comment,maybe i should have said like monsanto and it would have been more grammattically correct,If you check your urban dictionary you will find that "ish" on the end of any word means "kind of" or "sort of" so what i meant was that was kind of or sort of like monsanto.I was not sure if i screwed it up or not so i asked my daughter who told me its not proper english but two 3rd year college students should have gotten the just of it,she would give them a c+ at best for comprehension,lol,she is a sociology proffessor at one of the larger universities in boston and while she doesnt teach english she does have a masters in it and a couple books to her credit.Please forgive me as im a simple businessman and not schooled in proper english,no one on the construction sites seems to notice.

Whats going on fish,
Not sure if you read the article or not (I wont hold it against you if you didnt) ;)
No I agree with you doing Mons. type genetic engineering work is not the best thing for people. I dont want to do those types or see those types of modified genetics running around, but it appears to me that the line between what nature can genetically conjure up and what humans can genetically alter is a strange and hard one to see at times. Im not advocating gmo nor defending it, but as an example its amazing to think that labradoodles came from wolves, or that sweet potatoes and peanuts are from the same family, kinda like cabbage and brussell sprouts, who woulda' thought? its amazing that such off the wall variations can occur in a species of (you name it) certain watermelons grow in the middle east, its crazy its just kinda like a melon growing outta the ground, no wines and other b.s. growing.. just a melon.
My point being, that hormones are strange as hell and can cause some crazy $h!t to occur. The plants naturally produce these hormones, theres numerous types and they all have a specific function. Without adding any extra hormones or spraying with anything, the natural hormones in a plant can be manipulated, a common example is when people flip the lights from veg to bloom, changing the light cycle was a manipulation of the plants metabolism and hormones.
Through "natural" methods (or whatever anyone wants to call it i guess), you can increase the hormones and how they "do their thing" thus causing an increase for examples sake in the number of branches at each node on the mainstem. Inducing changes like this over many generations will lead to those types of traits eventually being expressed in the population without having to manipulate the hormones as in previous generations. As to the percentage of those that will be like that after X generations i cannot say. But im sure many people would love it if their bubba, or chem or Og or diesel or whatever had a few extra branches at each internode, instead of two I would rather have 3 or 4, but then you could also have 6 or 8 branches at each internode. It all depends what your after I guess

Latest posts

Top Bottom