Im Sticking To Hps For The Win, Not Mars Led

• Thread starter notplayinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

transformer is not always the easiest to source by itself. When i have had to replace parts, if the transformer was bad I usually just grabbed a ballast kit. cap is easy to spot usually if its gone bad
Get the hydro farm catalog. It has all the parts you can order.

dankninja

dankninja

Get the hydro farm catalog. It has all the parts you can order.

you can grab transformers from electrical suppliers much easier. I have every hydrofarm cat from last 5 years. and every sunlight supply.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

With no exceptions, any "led" under $1/w has to be CRAP, though there are some DIYers using strips, but I think they are > $1.50/w see HGL

Quality LEDs kill it, but they are ~ $2+ /w

S

Socalking

Talking price wise? HPS still takes the cake, LED's are being innovated greatly and will see a continual drop in prices over time, until the day comes where I can get a LED with 600 actual watts for 200$. The small increase in resin production isnt worth it!

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

How long does it take to get your moneys worth on these expensive ass leds. Ohhh right they burn out by long before that time comes. I ve used the same dirty ol 400 watt hps (old street light) and greasy ol 400 mh (was free) for years. Replaced maybe 3 bulbs.. oh nooo I paid like 50 bucks more power a year.. NOOOOO

Leew421

Leew421

Way to bring negativity to the table. I got my money back on the second round. This is an old thread too. The science is there on lights too.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ok captain sensitive. I’m just sick of everyone saying hps is obsolete and going on about leds. Only noticed the thread was old af two seconds after posting lol. LEDs are not so bad in small space in my opinion. Just find them expensive and directional. Anyways sorry for hurtin your feelins

Leew421

Leew421

The future of farming is LED. Unfortunately hps is taking third. CMH is better than HPS. You can look at a lot of new farms and they are packed full of LED. Fluence is changing the game

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’ve seen flower rooms with led and hps together. Yes cmh is obviously the shit. I’ll grab a 630 when I can afford it

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

The original poster (before getting accused of being some loon) was making a point that I am adding to.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’ll admit the tech has come along way. Point I’m making is it’s mad expensive to get into leds and they are not the be all end all. Good luck to you tho bud

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
hey whats up guys? Just wanted to go over a couple things that i went through over these past 4 months and my experience with led lighting.

-My room consisted of 17 Mars 1600 (full spectrum never ran on half spectrum)
- 6 tons of AC (YEAH 6 tons i said, lights are pieces of crap they get super hot!)
-drip irrigation (worst mistake because i let someone do it without experience in drippers)
i usually hand water daily or twice a day with great results no problems. The watering was a major factor obviously it really ruined the whole crop and more than all my money which is very important to me i take that one personal lol. even though they were getting fed 7 times a day small increments it still wasn't enough
-I ran conni A and B full line
-room was all dream besides one light was "OG kush"
-Scrogged whole room
-6 plants under each light
-atlas 2 co2 monitor
-temp were 78 throughout
-power bill for three months was 12,000 yeah 12,000 thats 4,000 4,000 and 3,****. not cheap to run LED in my area (central valley friends just stick to wings or de hps lights)
-
i got best friends that are pulling 2 3/4 on fire cookie hand watering twice a day no problem

wellllll, all and all i only got 8 packs.
yeah, 8 packs lol and obviously like 10 pounds of fire trim thats going to be extracted.

really kills me tho can't stop thinking about how much i really could've cropped if the lights themselves were HPS. I mean the buds were huge, super hard, looked like i was gonna crop some ordinary 28 gram tops like hps harvests but nopeee. even though they looked big as hell (even bigger than the sherbet i just cropped and i only watered that coco like twice a week! i wasn't even on it like i was with this led grow). My last run before this was three lights hps de adjusta wing turned to 1200 on the galaxy digital ballast. same recipe conn and b same jungle of green tech like the dream total i got 5 pound??? with no c02 just proper temps!

people its obvious, if you're a cash cropper and you're into pulling weight and you're always looking for new techniques, new kind of lighting, if you're into yielding fat as hell don't get mars. piece of shit pizza box lights waste of 8500 thats for god damn sure. its for closet growers. and be prepared for ac guys these lights really do get hot, oh yeah also theres no spread on them at all, best keep the plants low.

to you people that are led growers stick to what you know, nevermind me lol keep telling us how led is better and more efficient lmfao. i love that part of the led community. i also came to notice that no one tells the truth about LED numbers! and idgaf about Autos that shit don't count lmao. we got auto every year for 900 a pound over here fire auto too, ill never get caught dead with auto flower in my lungs.

my 2 cents, peace.
Sounds like the consequences of not doing your due diligence on some upfront homework. Sucks to hear.

There are LEDS out there that are getting closer to hps all the time. Just have to know COBS and fluence lights are killing it. And in the cannabis equipment supply side everyone lies. Nothing new there.:D

H

heisen

This thread sucked in the first sentence when he said mars.
A typical hps setup is around 400 to 600
A cob setup that will knock the dick off the hps is around 1100.
Cobs are good for about 60,000 hrs and double that when ran half the rated wattage.
An hps build is around 100 dollars.
A bulb a year if you swap after 3 grows.
So 6 years later you could have had the cobs and used 30 percent less electricity and cooling for the cost of the cob setup.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This thread sucked in the first sentence when he said mars.
A typical hps setup is around 400 to 600
A cob setup that will knock the dick off the hps is around 1100.
Cobs are good for about 60,000 hrs and double that when ran half the rated wattage.
An hps build is around 100 dollars.
A bulb a year if you swap after 3 grows.
So 6 years later you could have had the cobs and used 30 percent less electricity and cooling for the cost of the cob setup.
What cob is compatible with 1150w gavita? How well does it penatrate into the canopy? How efficient is it compared to an hps? I’ve seriously been thinking about changing my lights. I’m just waiting for the technology to catch up. But there are so many different opinions it keeps me confused.
1D1

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya the cobs seem great but too rich for my blood at the moment. I’m sure they will get cheaper.

Top Bottom