I'm stuck about a good bloom booster

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Nice info GTD!!! I'm just about to enter the world of hydro and was thinking all these additives/boosters would be a pain- sounds pretty simple to me! Now to find a good base nute to roll with!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I try to keep it simple as can be.. I use GH 3 part which is pretty damn simple and cant go wrong>>>A 1 part standalone like PBP or Floranova would be even easier:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

true grit

true grit

Yeah I was looking at PBP for the simplicity while I face the learning curve. Good to know it will cut it....Actually think I have some flora nova sitting around....

D

dusty

PBP isn't a 1 part. It doesn't work with out Cal Mag and Silica.

GH 3 Part, Cutting Edge 3 Part, Pure Blend Pro, Vic High's Super Soil, Pura Vida, AN, Super Natural, Grotek (The last two are the companies AN started their entire line on) the nutrients don't really matter what matters is the climate. 70% rH, 78* F , never over those never less than 70 F or 63 rH or you're stressing your plants out. You just need a LOT of air circulation. I have 1 12" wall fan per light and 2 12" high power floor fans and an A/C and a 8" recirculating air through a scrubber in my room.

If you want a really good bloom booster, Super Natural Bud Blaster will do exactly what the name says.

A

afatsoweezer

http://www.hydroasis.com/hy/productdetail.aspx?id=1575&product=bloom-booster-pro states:

Bloom Booster Pro

Description

There are dozens of bloom products made by our competitors, and most of them contain very small amounts of one or two cheap ingredients. Advanced Nutrients Bloom Booster is far more complex and effective than those products, with four floral augmentation compounds that give you heavier, more resiny flowers.

Points of Difference:

1. Utilizes less than 0.003% dye by weight.

2. Superlative, quality ingredients.

3. Contains a strong charge of Thiamine, Vitamin B1.

FAQ's

Q. What is the difference between Bloom Booster, Big Bud, Hammerhead and Colossal Bud Blast?

A. Hammer head is designed to be with a 1:2 ratio for phosphorus (P): potassium (K). All other bloom booster products have a P: K ratio of very close to 1:1 or higher in P; this predisposes some varieties of plants to “phosphorus toxicities” when growers attempt to increase the K levels. The tech report has the details of how this happens.

Hammerhead is 1:2 for P:K

Bloom Booster pro is 5:3 for P:K

Colossal Bud Blast is made from many organic extracts not just P and K, and has L-amino acids. This product is specially intended for foliar application, but can be used as a fertigation additive.

Big Bud powder is 1:4 for P:K, and has L-amino acids and carbohydrates. Big Bud Liquid is 1.6 : 3 for P:K, and has L-amino acids and carbo’s.

They are “similar” for being additives intended to increase the flowering response.

Q. Can I use Bloom Booster Pro with Bud Blood and Overdrive rather than Big Bud?

Big Bud does not need to be discontinued when augmenting with Bloom Booster Pro, Bud Blood or Overdrive. One can use Big Bud all along during vegetative and blooming growth. This product supplies amino acids, or "reduced nitrogen".

For directions on using any Advanced Nutrients products within the 2+ Program, please refer to their Nutrient Calculator.

Otherwise in a generalized fertilization program, the use of Bloom Booster Pro would follow Bud Blood; do not use the two products together as this could oversupply P and K.

Bud Blood can be used first week when blooming starts; then switch to Bloom Booster Pro for weeks 2-4 (assuming an eight week cycle).

Finish off the blooming cycle using Overdrive for weeks 5 - 6.

We recommend that for weeks 7 and 8 growers always flush the rhizosphere of accumulated salts before harvesting fruit.

I

indoorherbs

Pretty much anything Advanced Nutrients is good. I generally recommend the trio of Bud Blood, Big Bud, and Overdrive if someone is asking about bloom boosters.

Of those three the one to get if you're just getting one is Big Bud. I use all three practically as a religion. You just can't argue with the results.

As far as the other boosters go, I look at them more for tweaking ratios and I haven't really had any indication that where I'm at isn't pretty much dialed in perfect, so I'm not going to overcomplicate something that isn't broken.

C

cheech

I use jacks classic, both their veg and blossom booster. maybe give jacks a try?

M

Malachi

I have heard great things about hammerhead. I went to the advanced site and was reading about it, and they said it's because the typical 13/14 ratio of PK is not ideal for budding. I guess the K needs to be bumped a little in the ratio, like in hammerhead. I am using LKB, and KB Powder and supplimenting that with rhino skin which is 0-0-13, and bud candy. Has anyone has experience with using this combo? I am thinking the added K may inhance the ratio and show some better yield?

N

nor cali farmer

i use monster bloom after 2 weeks 1/8 tesspoon to start and increase 1/8 untill u reach 1 teaspoon. then flush 2 weeks. made by grotek retails about 30.00. 0/50/30

friction

friction

i use hammerhead from day 1 of 12-12 then i use overdrive for 4 weeks before flush, i even use hammerhead and overdrive at the same time but only use quarter to half dose of hammerhead, ive seen good results so far.

B

billybadazz

I use 2 different recipe's 1 for hydro 1 for coco (GH 3 part, roots organics full line) but my booster is the same on both at 1ml a gal on both hydro and coco. I use atami bloombastic. Yes it's expensive but the smell and resin content of the buds compared to when I don't use it on the same strains are day and night difference.(yes I've done side by side tests) I've used koolbloom, monsterbloom and a couple others. I found myself happiest with the results in my final product to be superior with bloombastic. I am interested in trying your MOAB/hammerhead combo just for shits n giggles as I actually don't get a signifigant amount more with the bloombastic but the quality I experienced is unsurrpassed thus far. nice thread. anyone else had good results with the bloombastic? I hear mixed reviews about it but this shit works chrystal packed buds for me, and until I see something that gives better results I will keep spending the extra $$$ for it IMO.

nkkhills

nkkhills

I've used Canna PK 13/14, AN Hammerhead, AN Big Bud, Kool Bloom and the best one so far is "Pure Flowers". Baseball bat size buds is common place in my garden now.
Also used AN overdrive but found that it extended the finishing time a week+.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I use 2 different recipe's 1 for hydro 1 for coco (GH 3 part, roots organics full line) but my booster is the same on both at 1ml a gal on both hydro and coco. I use atami bloombastic. Yes it's expensive but the smell and resin content of the buds compared to when I don't use it on the same strains are day and night difference.(yes I've done side by side tests) I've used koolbloom, monsterbloom and a couple others. I found myself happiest with the results in my final product to be superior with bloombastic. I am interested in trying your MOAB/hammerhead combo just for shits n giggles as I actually don't get a signifigant amount more with the bloombastic but the quality I experienced is unsurrpassed thus far. nice thread. anyone else had good results with the bloombastic? I hear mixed reviews about it but this shit works chrystal packed buds for me, and until I see something that gives better results I will keep spending the extra $$$ for it IMO.

How is that bloombastic>>>seems to be a lot of talk about that stuff.. For the price I would think it would be King.
I am still stuck on my Hammerhead and MOAB combo.. I haven't gotten any results like this from any other PK booster>>>and I have tried many gimmicks threw out the years.
Its nice to see lots of farmers picking this combo up because the results are out of this world when done right:harvest:
Pure P/K at its finest. I gotta say that you need to be careful when you use this shit in conjunction with each other. 2.5ml of Hammerhead and follow MOAB directions
and your golden. For my hundred gallon rez I put 4 heaping tablespoons in my Rez along with 2.5 ml of hammerhead weeks 7 and 8 of flowering...
REMEMBER to drop your base nutes by at least half when using this combo or you will burn the shit out of your gals
:passingjoint:

gtd

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I like M.O.A.B. at half rate(mono potassium phosphate) and Bloombastic for 3/4th of bloom then switch to just Bloombastic in the final weeks. Of course using your favorite base nutrients along with it. Make sure to use Cal-Mag or Magical along with it.

H

HighBreed

Bloombastic is ok but nothing special.
Ive gotten bigger buds when using Earth Juice compared to GH and Bloombastic.
For the average grower it will work great. Frosty.
Still needs a boost for ripening like Powder Kool Bloom at the end.
My preferred PK booster is Earth Juice Bloom.

Its a PK booster with sea weed.

The K is Potassium Hydroxide (KHO) which helps activate humic acid.
Potassium Hydroxide is what Ultra Snow Storm and GH Diamond Black are made of.
Noticed every H&G product has KHO.
Will be looking at finding some KHO cheap.

"A 37% solution of potassium hydroxide is preferably added to the leonardite ore in a 1:10 ratio. "

The sea weed in Bloombastic is the same they use in
B'Cuzz stimulators and Green Fuse Stimulators.
Easy and cheap to get.

The White Day 50

The_White_D50_-_Copy.jpg

M

Malachi

GTD what do you use for base nutes? What is your entire lineup? I am always trying to push the envelope of my plants and am still trying different things. This grow I am gonna use FloraNova Base, Floracious Plus, Great White, Hygrozyme, Cal/Mag, Rhino Skin(silica), Liquid and Powder KB, and Bud Candy. I am seriously thinking about changing up to the MOAB and Hammerhead combo instead of the liquid and powder kool bloom. What do you think about the lineup?

T

txhunter

I have used the Kool Bloom liquid and dry with not much luck i am going to spend the money and try Bloombastic i saw a guy at the hydro store and he told me "It would make a pro out of a beginer".

Top Bottom