In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, uh, Gavita?

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MEGA956

MEGA956

//They sure look healthy. So you don't use bloom fertilizer at all?

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

why no co2 this round. I thought you were on natural gas?

S

SofaKingHigh

I tore the other room down already and this room was setup for air cooling the spinner. Probably will relocate the 6 to a 5x10' tent and tear this room down this week. Gotta make room for the new funkytown. :)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Killer
How much stretch you getting out of them ladies? There nice and stocky
The gavita is that much brighter? Dam now I want. Can you set them up to go into a magnum xxxl hood I would like to cool them if I get em
Killer grow bro
BG

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes you can get remote gavita pros but if you want to use any other shade like the xxl you are limited to only the 600w version, at present. Reason being is the 1000w 400v bulb is double ended!

S

SofaKingHigh

Thanks bro, they're definitely short, squat and packed with pot. They didn't stretch much because up to week 2 they were getting their asses ridden by the spinner.

Gavita Pro 1000... Not only is it brighter, but their reflector design kills it too. Very uniform and concentrated light. Every plant in the tent gets the same foot candles, no hot or dim spots.

You pointed out the one thing that they don't offer, air-cooling. Watching their product rep talk on YouTube you'll see why. There's a 10-20% loss in light both due to the glass insert but also because you're cooling the bulb and effecting the performance of the arc tube.

So it's either in a sealed room with a monsta A/C and CO2 or the room gets air-cooled and lacking CO2.

S

SofaKingHigh

Wooooorrrrrddd on the street is an Under Current 12XL is headed my way, due by next Monday! They figured out an entire nutrient line over at Current Culture so I'll rock their awesome sauce like a boss.

Don't have a clue what I'll be growing, but got a week to find it. Got any moms I can rape DwD?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Wooooorrrrrddd on the street is an Under Current 12XL is headed my way, due by next Monday! They figured out an entire nutrient line over at Current Culture so I'll rock their awesome sauce like a boss.

Don't have a clue what I'll be growing, but got a week to find it. Got any moms I can rape DwD?

bad ass man ............cant wait to see you rockin that puppy
Im not a fan of coverd air cooled lights I like alot of fans air movement and good ac JMO but I think the fans make the frost just stack up the reason for this I think is they are trying to catch pollen and if they grow up in a windy place they need the resin to help catch pollen JMO though

not JMO
100_0399_1280x960_.jpg

my bud

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Killer. Will be subd for the show. That gavita is bad-ass. Looking forward to the results.

S

SofaKingHigh

Lookin' dank freegrow!

Thanks leadsled. I've got high hopes for the Gavita.

Blumats are a go, just need to let them dry out for a couple days and dial the drippers in. Finally a bud patch I can just watch grow on auto-pilot.

http://i.invalid.com/2TkWF.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/Kuky0.jpg

S

SofaKingHigh

Raised the light from 30" to 40" above the canopy. They stayed the same height basically, meaning this thing needs less foot candles due to higher PAR output.

Should be another 10 days or so of filling out and then on to the good stuff. :)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nice. Looks like straight cutting edge Nasa shit round here. You know anybody who's run that light before? Looks like it's bright. How's the heat output?

-TF

S

SofaKingHigh

Tent walls are an average of 80*F, leaf surface temperature 75-76*F and the MaxFan is on medium speed pulling in 70*F air. That's with the lamp at 40" from canopy and 4,750-5,000 foot candles.

Light was on the lowest setting in those pics, 600w and you can't look into the arc tube. Blindness.

C

cheech

Cool, so is this supposed to yield more than a typical 1000 hps, or just danker fruit?

How's the light spread in that little reflector?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Lookin' dank freegrow!

Thanks leadsled. I've got high hopes for the Gavita.

Blumats are a go, just need to let them dry out for a couple days and dial the drippers in. Finally a bud patch I can just watch grow on auto-pilot.

gonna be watching this bro ............cant wait for this auto pilot deal hand water gets you upclose and intouch with plants but its alot of work

S

SofaKingHigh

Cheech, this one is all about horsepower. 15% more lumens than traditional HPS and because it's 400v and double-ended there's only a 5% loss over the course of a year.

Most impressive reflector I've owned. Not blowing smoke either, did some tests for light spread and high/low spots with my light meter and it takes the cake when compared with adjust-a-wings (these suck, won't ever use them again. Huge dim spot where you least want it, under the lamp, and a wack concentration of light 2-3' off center.), blockbusters and magnums.

The spectrum is definitely different. Unedited photos taken under HPS look super orange and red, while the pics taken with this light are more yellow and green.

Gavita also makes a Plasma light for veg that can be used in combination with their 1000s to make an ultimate source of artificial light.

Freegrow, check out YouTube and the manufacture's website for the Troph Blumats. You are able to dial each plant in individually to the exact moisture content desired in the media. All gravity fed and no electronics to fail.

Chronic Monster, should be able to duplicate everything for $1,300-1,500 including nutrients and electrical (must use 240v). That's not a bad little investment IMO. Hoping for a 2 oz average on those cuties this first time around so I'll be doubling my money and profiting the rest of the lamp's useful life.

Positive vibes

S

SofaKingHigh

Check it:

http://i.invalid.com/P5BY6.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/HHxnn.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/t951Y.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/bjVjm.jpg

Top Bottom