Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I tilted my jug to show through a clear spot the living gunk on the bottom and constantly mixing around the jug.
20161203 063104

incogneato

incogneato

Did you add some mychorizae I forget?

You don't need much leftover nutes just a little. For me out of 1 gal I use 112oz to feed. Then the 16oz leftover goes into a gallon jug where I measure a full gallon of water. Then I add it back to the jug to continue.

Remember once you have your fungus or microbes molasses should keep them alive.

For example a nutrient bubbling I add molasses. They feed off nutes and sugars.

If I am gonna water them next feed I just add water to the 16oz leftovers. then I add some molasses. This keeps them going until they reach the soil.

Repeat.
I did, I used mykos. Now that I'm in the fabric pots they damn near want a gallon each before I get good runoff. That leaves me with just under a half gallon after the clones and seedlings get a taste. This last batch got a good amount of molasses to jumpstart the feeding frenzy.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I did, I used mykos. Now that I'm in the fabric pots they damn near want a gallon each before I get good runoff. That leaves me with just under a half gallon after the clones and seedlings get a taste. This last batch got a good amount of molasses to jumpstart the feeding frenzy.
I knew you had life in there, you reading this @jumpincactus :love1:

I use about 1-2 tbsp molasses per gallon. Don't go too crazy lol. I bet the plants love it. Plus Nectar 4 the Gods is top notch nutes.

incogneato

incogneato

I knew you had life in there, you reading this @jumpincactus :love1:

I use about 1-2 tbsp molasses per gallon. Don't go too crazy lol. I bet the plants love it. Plus Nectar 4 the Gods is top notch nutes.
Definitely living, I think I went with 1.5 a gallon.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You keep crazier hours than me and I'm on afternoons lol.
Being off work for 2.5 months now my sleep schedule has gotten deep. It's 7am now lol.

I figure it will come around full circle to normal time if I stay up an extra hr each day haha.

I'm living like a bachelor but I'm married. I'm just so damn happy staying up with my ladies.

I really am young at heart.

incogneato

incogneato

Being off work for 2.5 months now my sleep schedule has gotten deep. It's 7am now lol.

I figure it will come around full circle to normal time if I stay up an extra hr each day haha.

I'm living like a bachelor but I'm married. I'm just so damn happy staying up with my ladies.

I really am young at heart.
Yea I'm in the same time zone as you that's why I was surprised to see you reply. I know how it gets being off schedule for so long. You're gonna have to put yourself on a diminishing light schedule to get back on track lol. I'm off to bed finally brotha, take care its been a long day

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo @jumpincactus . My jug of nutrients is so alive that it has transcended the foaming.

Whether I brew it for a day or a week.
It stays nice and non foamy.

I think the 1" layer of living colonies of fungus/microbes at the bottom & the stuff lining the walls eats the good stuff. Then once used in the soil the plants go crazy.

I honestly think it's these lifeforms that eat through the soil over the plants life. Releasing nutrients to the plant but also depleting the soil of nutrients over time.

I think I need to start considering top dressings. When is a good time to top dress and what is good top dress @jumpincactus ?
I like to use earth worm castings.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yea I'm in the same time zone as you that's why I was surprised to see you reply. I know how it gets being off schedule for so long. You're gonna have to put yourself on a diminishing light schedule to get back on track lol. I'm off to bed finally brotha, take care its been a long day

Lmao "put myself on a diminishing light schedule"

I'm laughing out loud! It hurts haha! Worth it.

incogneato

incogneato

20161203 143309
Seedlings seem to be enjoying the sips method
20161203 143334
The crew, don't laugh at my bootleg supplemental lights lol. Wanted to add some warm spectrum to the auto and funds are tight. Gotta work with what you have right?
20161203 143341
20161203 143348
First one is top bud second is a lower of my pink diesel x amnesia auto. She smells super fruity right now. Very sweet smelling. Not very impressed with the genetics on this one but its still cool to see my very first buds I've grown come in. Looked through a jewelers loop and I'm starting to see a few amber trics. Prob still has about 2 weeks, hopefully she fattens/frosts up a little more in the next few weeks

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
View attachment 649888 Seedlings seem to be enjoying the sips method
View attachment 649890 The crew, don't laugh at my bootleg supplemental lights lol. Wanted to add some warm spectrum to the auto and funds are tight. Gotta work with what you have right?
View attachment 649892 View attachment 649893 First one is top bud second is a lower of my pink diesel x amnesia auto. She smells super fruity right now. Very sweet smelling. Not very impressed with the genetics on this one but its still cool to see my very first buds I've grown come in. Looked through a jewelers loop and I'm starting to see a few amber trics. Prob still has about 2 weeks, hopefully she fattens/frosts up a little more in the next few weeks

Looks good to me.
Gotta do what works for you.

Over time maybe get a few more clip reflector's to spread out the supplemental light where you need it.

If you have a costco membership check out their light bulb section. Many good led bulb choices. I went straight for their highest wattage led bulb. It is claiming to replace 100w equivalent.

It was $20 for a 2 pack of 17.5 watt 2700k 1600 lumens each bulbs. Gave me a quick 3200 lumens for $20. +2 reflector's $19. + timer $14. Man little upgrades add up lol.
But those bulbs I love, very bright, great value.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Looks good to me.
Gotta do what works for you.

Over time maybe get a few more clip reflector's to spread out the supplemental light where you need it.
Thanks cuz, I have another, I haven't had time to rig it up. I just remember you saying you weren't happy with the buds that you ran with mh only. I didn't have a clear plan for this auto so I'm just going by the seat of my pants. I'll probably add a few more warm spectrum this weekend in an attempt to fatten/frost her up in the last weeks before I harvest her. On a plus side my spliffs strawberry clones are looking super happy. You can see them on the bottom of the group shot. The rks top clone is doing great as well. I lost my cannalope haze top clone so I'm 5-6 on my first attempt at cloning.

Top Bottom