Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I hope I didn't come off dick-ish or cocky. Because I don't know it all.
Nor do I wish to come off that way.

But so far my setup has been refined to my interpretations on nature and science.

I need a microscope just like you so I can't say my way is worst or best.

But it seems to be producing quality.
And it seems the system is very simplified.

I wouldn't call it a compost tea.
I would call it a nutrient tea.

I use my earth juice feeding charts.
I add all the listed nutes to my water amount usually 1 gallon at a time.

Once all main ingredients are added I then follow their additives chart. Once that's done I add 1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses and about .25-.5tsp biozeus microbes. And about .25-.5tsp mychorizae a couple times over the life. All products are earth juice except the fish hydrosylate and seaweed which is neptunes harvest

Then I bubble for anywhere between 1-4 days on average. But during transplants to larger sizes it has hit over a week before.

I like to reuse 14oz each refill to allow the life to carry over.

I also catch all soil runoff during watering and add to my jug.

I never clean the jug to allow the life to take hold to the jug.

So every feeding the life inside has has a chance to digest and consume the contents. Along with life and death cycles of the microorganisms adding proteins and acids to the nutrients.

I can visually see the plants respond to each feeding withing 15 minutes of adding to the soil. This is because
The food is very bio available to the plant and it sucks it up fast!

The other reason is because plants eat microbes. So my high microbial content gives the plant a secondary food source :) see here.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0011915
That there is gospel !

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The life helps break down the soil quickly making things more available to the plant.

Then

A lot of the living stuff dies back during each drying cycle of the soil.
This releases fresh organic matter into the soil. Everytime the food or water is added it starts the cycle of soil and organic matter breakdown during the wet cycle before the drying cycle hits full swing.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm not gonna turn this into a political thread, since it IS @incogneato 's, but there have been 31 cases of voter fraud since the year 2000 out of a billion votes cast. So this assertion by trump that "millions" of illegal votes were cast is total fucking bullshit.
I'm an illegal and I voted! Vatos locos forever.....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You guys have brought up a good point.

I haven't seen this specific method used yet.

Later tonight I will try and collect all relevant data. And see if I can create a new thread for it outlining the process and what I believe it accomplishes along with its pro's and con's.

Don't want to derail @incogneato s thread.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

haha! It's the excitement for battle my friend!
Yep.. lol...
The hardest part for me is getting them 8 inches tall with out ever using any median so that I can go straight into my RDWC...
I don't like no coco or anything. I am this time I THINK I'm gonna try to get them in the buckets asap. Instead of hanging out in the root spa for weeks...
I could be lying tho lol..

Minitiger

Minitiger

I hope I didn't come off dick-ish or cocky. Because I don't know it all.
Nor do I wish to come off that way.

But so far my setup has been refined to my interpretations on nature and science.

I need a microscope just like you so I can't say my way is worst or best.

But it seems to be producing quality.
And it seems the system is very simplified.

I wouldn't call it a compost tea.
I would call it a nutrient tea.

I use my earth juice feeding charts.
I add all the listed nutes to my water amount usually 1 gallon at a time.

Once all main ingredients are added I then follow their additives chart. Once that's done I add 1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses and about .25-.5tsp biozeus microbes. And about .25-.5tsp mychorizae a couple times over the life. All products are earth juice except the fish hydrosylate and seaweed which is neptunes harvest

Then I bubble for anywhere between 1-4 days on average. But during transplants to larger sizes it has hit over a week before.

I like to reuse 14oz each refill to allow the life to carry over.

I also catch all soil runoff during watering and add to my jug.

I never clean the jug to allow the life to take hold to the jug.

So every feeding the life inside has has a chance to digest and consume the contents. Along with life and death cycles of the microorganisms adding proteins and acids to the nutrients.

I can visually see the plants respond to each feeding withing 15 minutes of adding to the soil. This is because
The food is very bio available to the plant and it sucks it up fast!

The other reason is because plants eat microbes. So my high microbial content gives the plant a secondary food source :) see here.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0011915

Nah, dude, didn't think you were being a dick at all.

So these are nutrient teas. I see. I thought it might be something more along those lines, as opposed to a compost tea. Still, interesting. I really never have heard of anything like this. But with the exception of a little bit of leftover tea, you're basically brewing a new one every time, right? And you're keeping this tea brewing perpetually? You have it brewing all the time?

I'm lazy as FUCK, so I don't see myself doing something like this haha, but it does sound good. Start that thread and post the link here, I wanna check this out of sho.

incogneato

incogneato

You guys have brought up a good point.

I haven't seen this specific method used yet.

Later tonight I will try and collect all relevant data. And see if I can create a new thread for it outlining the process and what I believe it accomplishes along with its pro's and con's.

Don't want to derail @incogneato s thread.
There are no rails in my thread brotha. That's why I'm here, to chop it up with fellow growers of the dank. Feel free to spout off about whatever you want

incogneato

incogneato

Yep.. lol...
The hardest part for me is getting them 8 inches tall with out ever using any median so that I can go straight into my RDWC...
I don't like no coco or anything. I am this time I THINK I'm gonna try to get them in the buckets asap. Instead of hanging out in the root spa for weeks...
I could be lying tho lol..
Funny how the plan can change by the day lol.

justiceman

justiceman

Funny how the plan can change by the day lol.

hahahahaha ya man. I had a plan to do my current run with the 6/9(GH micro,bloom) but then I bought some veg+bloom from hydroponic research. After doing that I'm teatering on the fence wondering whether I might just do smart pots with pure coco, or do a coco hempy(original plan)

One reason why I didn't want to do smart pots in saucers is because I don't like it when the coco sits in the waste water, but thanks to you I saw those grate pot elevators! I like that idea quite a bit. Increases the capacity of the saucer so one can in a sense do a mini flush(if needed) and then pull the water away with a shop vac if the saucer is big enough to allow a space for the tube.
725675 01

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

hahahahaha ya man. I had a plan to do my current run with the 6/9(GH micro,bloom) but then I bought some veg+bloom from hydroponic research. After doing that I'm teatering on the fence wondering whether I might just do smart pots with pure coco, or do a coco hempy(original plan)

One reason why I didn't want to do smart pots in saucers is because I don't like it when the coco sits in the waste water, but thanks to you I saw those grate pot elevators! I like that idea quite a bit. Increases the capacity of the saucer so one can in a sense do a mini flush(if needed) and then pull the water away with a shop vac if the saucer is big enough to allow a space for the tube.
View attachment 652434
I'm glad I found those risers, I was going to try to find some of those old school drop ceiling grids and cut em to fit lol. Another member, can't remember who right now, leaves a few inches of perlite on the bottom of the fabric pot and sets it directly in the saucer. Sounded interesting but I like to control the moisture level myself

incogneato

incogneato

Quick question on ewc tea with molasses. I've made a couple 32 gallon batches for my whole yard (fruit trees, veggies and going to use it on my cannabis soon). What's the proper amount of molasses and castings for 32 gallons??
I use around 1/2-1 tsp per gallon for molasses. I definitely a newb as far as brewing goes so I don't really know for ewc. Hopefully the pros chime in soon

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

3000 MG pure sudo
10 li strip
2 cups Annie
1/2 gal toulene
Let it rumble for about 45 mins...
Decant, filter,
Gas, filter
Done...
Oh the plants will love that... :)

justiceman

justiceman

I've seen the perlite/hydroton on the saucer to keep it out of the water as well but I'd rather just use that pot riser like you. Much easier to set up.

Yo @Irietime incogneato knows what's up. 1tsp per gallon is the general rule of thumb for a compost tea. As far as the amount of EWC a good starting point is 1cup per 5 gallons. So for 32gal that would be roughly 6.5cups or 52 oz

Top Bottom