Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

That's what I'm talking about I knew she was special! Ya that happens with supercropping sometimes. It probably didn't heal well enough to support the glorious weight of that cola. Hahaha the problems of heavy branches. I tried to supercrop my girls during veg and they all took it pretty well accept for 1 top. It lasted about 4-5 days and then dried up:(
Yea I though it was odd that it made it so far into flower. More than likely the pH issue pushed it over the edge. Before I was adding 2-3 tsp of pH down to 2 gal nutes. Now that I have the bluelab pen they come in at a perfect 6.2. I'm guessing that out me in the high 4's to low 5's :speechless:

justiceman

justiceman

I feel like after your ph got in check your buds just exploded and everything came together. Maybe that boost was more than the branch could take hahaha. Bluelab man. They are not the cheapest but damn it I swear by them!

Are we talking rooted clones, or you are cloning in coco?

justiceman

justiceman

Ya you are right a coco/perlite mix has nothing in it at all so it requires a precharge of cal and mag in one form or another. It keeps holding onto cal and mag until it finally has had enough and then it allows the plant to access it. Some people use straight up calmag, or like me supply it with the base nutrient itself. I like to start em off somewhere around .4-.8EC(200-400ppm)

incogneato

incogneato

Ya you are right a coco/perlite mix has nothing in it at all so it requires a precharge of cal and mag in one form or another. It keeps holding onto cal and mag until it finally has had enough and then it allows the plant to access it. Some people use straight up calmag, or like me supply it with the base nutrient itself. I like to start em off somewhere around .4-.8EC(200-400ppm)
That's the range I'm feeding in, closer to 400 ppm. Nectar for the gods is loaded with calcium so I just amp up the mag til they're happy.

incogneato

incogneato

Makes sense to me brotha. That's right NFTG has a bunch of cal from all that bonemeal in it if I recall? Those girls love magnesium sulphate. It works fast too.
Yea the bonemeal and Demeter's destiny adds chelated calcium and calcium phosphate. Sorry bud, couldn't get that pic last night. Had to up pot the soil clones and get everyone fed in a short amount of time. I'll grab a few shots tonight when I feed em tho.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The big spliffs strawberry was in the back and I was running short on time @justiceman but here's a few shots of one of the clones in 1 gal pot. On a good note I did get my new t5 in the veg tent and started it all the way up And only put 8 bulbs on. Thats still about 250w more than I had in there View attachment 680600View attachment 680601
So vibrant! She's a pretty one. Not shy at all either

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Week 7 of flower!
I'm hoping to take them closer to 10 weeks than 8. They are starting to swell and frost up real nice.

Man if you can reach 70 days they will look crazy.

If your goal is 10 weeks you need to not start flushing until after 8 weeks.

I think my strains push so long because I keep feeding them light feeds longer than most.

The last 2 weeks is a flush so water, molasses and microbes for 2 waterings. The microbes mine the dirt and help release nutrients. (This during the flush period helps clean the soil and release small batches of nutes each watering).

Then next watering some meta-k, microblast, and big blooming guano, molasses and microbes.

Followed by 2 more waterings and repeat.

The microbes paired with your long flowering plant will carry her the distance. The microbes will give her exactly what she asks for.

You will know when senescence approaches not because a couple leaves yellow, but when the whole plant loses its green and fan +sugar leaves start to brown and die all over.

The leaves Browning and dying is my sign to just flush from there on out.

The plant will start to consume it's fan leaves for food for that final push. So letting them consume these leaves at the end gives them a little boost.

It costs a plant less energy at night to consume it's stored nutrients. Than it does to photosynthesize new food during the daytime. Since the plants use their stored energy mostly at night. The final couple weeks benefit from an extended dark period.

It will help with the rate of senescense. If your not ready to drop your light hours at the end. Then reduce the light output.

This will give them their 10-12 hours of awake time. But the light input over that time is reduced. The plant will attempt to compensate for the change in season by speeding up maturity. Pushing it's final foxtails and calyx's out.

This reduced light output will also help preserve extra terpenes by introducing less heat into the space.

I switch the hps out at the very end because the light output drops by almost half. But the par is wider and larger at a higher energy level of color (blue). It also pushes out that uv to help increase resin content. Aaaand the mh runs cooler allowing you to lower the temps.

When you (by eye) notice the wave of milky trichomes hit and spread all over you will know harvest is near.

Make sure to let your soil approach dry then give her final 2 days in the dark. The goal is to get her to bone dry by the last day. It makes her think death is near. Helps with the last push.

incogneato

incogneato

Man if you can reach 70 days they will look crazy.

If your goal is 10 weeks you need to not start flushing until after 8 weeks.

I think my strains push so long because I keep feeding them light feeds longer than most.

The last 2 weeks is a flush so water, molasses and microbes for 2 waterings. The microbes mine the dirt and help release nutrients. (This during the flush period helps clean the soil and release small batches of nutes each watering).

Then next watering some meta-k, microblast, and big blooming guano, molasses and microbes.

Followed by 2 more waterings and repeat.

The microbes paired with your long flowering plant will carry her the distance. The microbes will give her exactly what she asks for.

You will know when senescence approaches not because a couple leaves yellow, but when the whole plant loses its green and fan +sugar leaves start to brown and die all over.

The leaves Browning and dying is my sign to just flush from there on out.

The plant will start to consume it's fan leaves for food for that final push. So letting them consume these leaves at the end gives them a little boost.

It costs a plant less energy at night to consume it's stored nutrients. Than it does to photosynthesize new food during the daytime. Since the plants use their stored energy mostly at night. The final couple weeks benefit from an extended dark period.

It will help with the rate of senescense. If your not ready to drop your light hours at the end. Then reduce the light output.

This will give them their 10-12 hours of awake time. But the light input over that time is reduced. The plant will attempt to compensate for the change in season by speeding up maturity. Pushing it's final foxtails and calyx's out.

This reduced light output will also help preserve extra terpenes by introducing less heat into the space.

I switch the hps out at the very end because the light output drops by almost half. But the par is wider and larger at a higher energy level of color (blue). It also pushes out that uv to help increase resin content. Aaaand the mh runs cooler allowing you to lower the temps.

When you (by eye) notice the wave of milky trichomes hit and spread all over you will know harvest is near.

Make sure to let your soil approach dry then give her final 2 days in the dark. The goal is to get her to bone dry by the last day. It makes her think death is near. Helps with the last push.
You read my mind bro. I was about to ask when to start flushing if I wanted them to go longer. That could damn near be a sticky. I want to take them as far as they need to be ready, so that's an awesome guide R. It will be my roadmap to harvest no doubt.

incogneato

incogneato

Few quick shots of your girl @justiceman one with grow glasses one without
20170326 055616
20170326 055658
20170326 055752

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You read my mind bro. I was about to ask when to start flushing if I wanted them to go longer. That could damn near be a sticky. I want to take them as far as they need to be ready, so that's an awesome guide R. It will be my roadmap to harvest no doubt.

I hope it helps.

I cant rule out that There's always is a chance you have a short flowerer.

But I'm starting to wonder if 8 week strains even exist.

incogneato

incogneato

I hope it helps.

I cant rule out that There's always is a chance you have a short flowerer.

But I'm starting to wonder if 8 week strains even exist.
It will help without a doubt R. I'll be surprised if anything goes less than 9 weeks. The spliffs strawberry is supposed to be an 8 weeker and the starfighter x longbottom leaf is getting pretty fat/frosty but we'll see. I'm not rushing any of them.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
It will help without a doubt R. I'll be surprised if anything goes less than 9 weeks. The spliffs strawberry is supposed to be an 8 weeker and the starfighter x longbottom leaf is getting pretty fat/frosty but we'll see. I'm not rushing any of them.

We will be here to help along the way.

It's my bedtime. Cya tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom