indoor outdoor weed more potent

• Thread starter ohiorasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

This might spark more controversy or silence the debate but the old heads swear the weed from back in the day was better, I mean, we all remember or have heard the stories of pinners crippling 5 or 6 people, where that shit at now? My uncle says the weed was seedy and the buds didn't look as pretty as they do now. I know for a fact that shit wasn't indoor or hydro either.

Illmind

Illmind

damn dudes relax. two of some my fav ppl arguing over non sense. i must agree calis everybody grows outdoors and market flood with beaster quality weed has ppl thinking ods suck. hell i almost jumped that wagon until i remembered the best herb i smoked were chunky od nugs. it's the same either venue skilled indoor grower equals fire, skilled outdoor grower also equals fire. all those outdoor ps from med states that float around are commercial garbeezy grown by some newb looking to cash in. good outdoors are very hard to come by same as good indoor. i kno old school hippies who only grow outdoors. not to say he doesn't like indoors tho. he just about all natural.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They took the thread down about the bust. It was there.
Seriously? Because....?
facepalm.gif

In reality, any comment would just be pure conjecture anyway. Reasons-
"Potent" is not not a standard defenition for everyone. It will mean diff things to diff ppl as it will effect each user differently.
There are just way to many variables to consider. I highly doubt anyone ( outside of a well stocked labratory ) could actually pull off a viable test between the two methods because of said variables.
So, if pure opinion is what the OP is looking for, i'll give my 2c..
Absolutely agreed.
In my experience ( 20+ yrs smoking all types of MJ ) the strongest ( hardest hitting,longest lasting etc ) was indoor hydro grown weed.Im not by any chance saying that this is true across the board, but rather just my own experience.Which in the grand scope of things, is very limitted.. I also would like to add., that in my circles,in my part of the big spinning rock that we live on, its a commonly accepted hypothisis that outdoor weed is less potent but yields way more and that outdoor weed is mainly ( not always.. Again, there are variables ) commercial grade and grown mainly for yield rather than potency.
And in my experience (37+yrs smoking) the most potent weed was airy-ass buds tied to a stick. That, and the light-colored, almost golden buds called Columbian Gold. One time I think I smoked some African shit that put my head in a really bad place, so I suppose I could call that potent, too. But the real point is that none of the buds from these very potent products had appealing looking buds, so I'm pretty sure they were strong Sativas. Ok, maybe not so sure, still learning that shit.
dude your off your meds - you take a friendly discussion and make it a personal attack on me and your surprised when I hit you in private about it

if you were any kind of friend you certainly wouldnt act like this

Im so over all this internet pissing contest drama
I thought you two were just roasting each other, playin' around.
I don't take any meds.

What I said is quoted in your post. The whole world can see it and I am quite certain they know from all I have posted in the past it was funny.

And after I point it out you still don't think so. I am now even more disappointed. It was EXACTLY the same type of humor that you laughed at at the start of the fantasy football draft. EXACTLY!
Uh.... ain't ya? Playin' around, that is.

Uh oh! :sweating

Naw... I get it! You're BOTH fucking with the rest of US. :giggle

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Seriously? Because....?

And in my experience (37+yrs smoking) the most potent weed was airy-ass buds tied to a stick. That, and the light-colored, almost golden buds called Colombian Gold.

Man, that Thai weed was good stuff and tasty too. and so was the Colombian Gold.

Wish I could get that now....But I have a cross of the two in my Garden right now...I think its my new Favorite.... Its not real strong very tasty though.

Called Harlequin
The genes are 75% sativa and 25 % indica. The Sativas include an early-1970s Columbian Gold, and Thai from the mountains near Laos

K

Kief Stoned

Now, I never had any Thai stick back in the day,but always hreard about it.. But the strongest weed ( reason I didnt include this is because I considered it as having additives in it ) I ever smoked ( back in 84-85 ) was this stuff called "Love Boat" or "Black Gunji". It was sticky wet and pure black. So black that the residue that stays on your fingers thats normally brown was black also. After research I found out that it was most likely dipped in embalming fluid ( lol? ). This was back in 84-85 though... Now, there used to be some super killer what we called "Christmas Tree" ( light green with red hairs ) that tasted and smelled like a Xmas tree just caught fire. I never got to try real Columbian Gold. But there for a few years ( around 82-86? ) 99% of the commercial weed going around in my area was ALWAYS brown. But we referred to it as "dirt weed" as it just wasnt very good at all.It was probably mexican import.. Come to think of it, I wonder why it was brown and I wonder why you dont see any of it these days? But the more I think about it, that "Xmas Tree" weed AKA "red haired sense" or "Wayne Williams" ( because it was the KILLER! lolol ) as we called it was in fact as good if not somewhat better than todays hydro. But it was so long ago that I have a hard time remembering all the way back that far lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Go to San Diego county, get yourself a good Baja bug. Then, drive out to Otay Mesa in the middle of the night with a thermal imaging camera. Watch for mules. When you see one, catch him (and let him go, please). Snag the bag that's filled with BROWN brick weed. Smoke it.

K

Kief Stoned

Go to San Diego county, get yourself a good Baja bug. Then, drive out to Otay Mesa in the middle of the night with a thermal imaging camera. Watch for mules. When you see one, catch him (and let him go, please). Snag the bag that's filled with BROWN brick weed. Smoke it.

But that weed isnt the same as the brown weed back then. The brown shit you see today is brown because its likely bud rot or some other enviromental factor. The brown weed I was reffering to from back in the day ( "dirt weed" as we called it ) was all brown ( light brown ) and didnt look at all like the mexi brick you are talking about ( aka - schwagg/reggie ) . I have no idea what strain it was or anything but it def wasnt the same as the mexi brick weed of today. It was light brown, almost dark golden. Not dark brown and didnt look like the brick weed of today. I wish I had pics of it to show what im talking about, lol.

S

Sunbiz1

Seriously? Because....?
facepalm.gif

Absolutely agreed.

And in my experience (37+yrs smoking) the most potent weed was airy-ass buds tied to a stick. That, and the light-colored, almost golden buds called Columbian Gold. One time I think I smoked some African shit that put my head in a really bad place, so I suppose I could call that potent, too. But the real point is that none of the buds from these very potent products had appealing looking buds, so I'm pretty sure they were strong Sativas. Ok, maybe not so sure, still learning that shit.

I thought you two were just roasting each other, playin' around.

Uh.... ain't ya? Playin' around, that is.

Uh oh! :sweating

Naw... I get it! You're BOTH fucking with the rest of US. :giggle

That Columbian gold was the shit back in the 70's!, even then it was pricey. Then Ronald Reagan and sorry ass wife took office, couldn't find the stuff after about 81'.

Illmind

Illmind

that's why i love ncg soo much it's a super potent super tasty lumbo gold x thai x hawaiin and um something else i think. shit gets me high for 3 hrs and taste like a dream. durban poison also very strong stuff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
NCG? Help me! You can hear that, can't you? Those are my brain farts. Hubby calls it "crop dusting."

Venom818

Venom818

I get $4000 a pound all day every day for outdoor Chemdog D, Original Diesel, The White, G13/SD and a few more and I could get $5000 if I wanted too. There are people that get $80 an eighth for my outdoor. I sell it at $250 an ounce. I don't care if you buy one or 20 pounds I am getting $250 an ounce. The people I sell too that resell it get $350 to $500 for an oz and a couple of them grind it out in small batches for $640. And all the people all down the line are happy to get it. Hell when I run out they get depressed and tell me the other weed around town doesn't get them high.

Most indoor is cuts and most outdoor I would guess is seed grows. Selected phenos against whatever phenos. That is why most indoor is considered better. I would bet my bottom dollar that very few people bring in outdoor elites like Chemdog D or Bubba Kush. But if they did then opinions would be different.

My best outdoor always is my head stash for the year. I sell almost every bit of my indoor except Original Diesel (I keep every morsel). The buds are bigger, more dense, stinkier and have more resin.

Outdoor Chemdog D and The White are ridiculous. There is no way anybody would even question buying it. Now if I took it to a club and they looked at it under a microscope they would see stuff they wouldn't see on indoor and that would probably give it away. But just eyeballing it NO WAY. The trichs, the stickiness and the ungodly powerful smell would still make them buy it. When they smoked it I am quite sure it will impress them.

If they took their best stuff and I took my best stuff to say a hempfest and a bunch of camping out hippies were buying. I am outselling them.

Part of that is because in general Pennsylvania and lower N.Y. have the finest natural soils in the continental U.S. The other part is because of the sun and UV rays.

I entered the 420 cup one year. I should have sent them Chemdog D but I didn't want to win just because I had a super cut that nobody ever seems to enter in those events. So I entered my own cross. I planted 3 seeds and got 1 female. No pheno search, no never gonna find it again pheno. What I got is what I entered. Flavor held me back. Because there is a dank earthy flavor that most all in the ground outdoor gets.

I edged out Karma Genetics Happy Brother and soundly beat Greenhouse Chemdog and Bubba Kush and crushed Soma. Everybody entered special phenos and everybody entered indoor buds. I entered the first female I ever grew in that cross and it was grown in a cornfield. It did as good as it did because I firmly believe that strain to same strain, well grown outdoor weed is more potent, more resinous and more stinky than indoor.

My entry is Uranium Cranium Kush by Ickis.

Now if they didn't know it was outdoor than how would any of you?

If you think a 1000w makes better buds than a 400w than you can't argue because outdoors THE SUN is my bulb.

It is just very hard to do it right in the wild. It takes practice and the right skills. I ain't making excuses for my outdoor just because people grow a bunch of poor quality outdoor in California.

I have stuff that isn't primo because I try new seeds every year. Some weed just isn't that good, doesn't finish or can't hack it outside with bugs and weather. I don't sell that crap and I don't grow it again. Most people still unload it and that is where the bad rap comes with outdoor. They had 100 lbs of mediocre weed and they had to unload it or be broke and starve and waste all that work.

My finest outdoor bud against your finest bud Motherlode. Come November we find some lucky member to do the Fantasy Football best bud contest between me and you. I am taking you down and then my team is going to beat the crap out of yours in our league.

Im sure there is alot of garbage outdoor where your from as well.There is alot of bomb outdoor in california yeah there's some bad outdoor but not everybody is going to grow the kill

Venom818

Venom818

I actually don't care until I see these threads pop up time and again where people start going on with misinformation. I can't believe I got drawn into another one.

One last point to motherlode though. There is tons of $1500 a pound weed around here guy. Most is in the $1500 to $2500 a pound range. Some people just want to buy cheaper average weed that gets them stoned when they want to be stoned and doesn't cost as much. Some people want quality weed. Just like beer. There are people that would rather have 2 cases of cheaper beer than one case of expensive beer. I totally agree with the beer drinkers because 4 percent is 4 percent alcohol. Weed is way different but people are the same. That is why I get $4000 a pound and the people who resell it get $400-600 an ounce. There are people who want quality and can afford it.

They don't pay $4000 a pound because they have too. They want to. That is only $250 an ounce. I guarantee I could stand out front of any pot store in Cali and offer The White for $250 an ounce and few people will bother to go inside when they know they are paying $15 to $25 a gram ($420-700 ounce) for anything that is inside. Heck I could outsell them at $350 an ounce ($5600 pound).

The problem is that California smokers have let the co-op pot store compassion clubs dictate what they pay for weed. Close those people down and shut them up forever by out selling them. You guys have got lazy and scared. You want to drop off the weed and have other people do the work. Or you don't want to risk seeling it on your own and go through all the worry and hassle. So you take what the clubs will give.

I will never do that. I control my own destiny and I get rid of my own weed.

I doubt you would get 4k a lb here in cali bro

Venom818

Venom818

I've embraced this hobby for some time now and I can't beat nurtured ,well tended outdoor bud with my very best hydro indoors. I love the prdictable control inside and have tweaked most my averages without environment harmin co2 enrichment just good fresh air to 2g+ a wt,lil less or more dependent on the cut..........Nothing touches God's grow room though the air n light can't be beat. Seems to me outside grown that turns out catches a lil the suns energy inside it and makes it special. For healing positive med effect my favorite meds is a grown classic skunk.

you should do a grow log bro id love to see this 2g+ a wt

j wizzle

j wizzle

IMHO no grow room can match outside. Point - 1 plant grown outside can yield 5 pounds and more in 7 months or less. Granted, this is under optimal conditons etc but that is not the question at hand...Show me any growroom in the world that can come even close to that and ill print this page out and eat it. lol

we arent talking about yield here....obviously you arent getting 5 lbs per plant, but we also arent vegging for 3 months either...

I doubt you would get 4k a lb here in cali bro

thats what i was thinking. even if your outdoor is some straight dank, you arent getting 4000/lb out here unless your moving it in smaller quantities.

my boy in NY moves my indoor for like $75-80 1/8th, no breaks no matter what you get. hes moving good bubble for $25 for 1/2 g no breaks as well.

tobor, youre in a market that isnt flooded with dank....those prices arent realistic out here.

you & ML need to build that bridge too...its just a little internet squable, no reason to get all pissy about anything guys

good growers will grow dank period because they know when to give plants what they need. if they love the plants, they will turn into some dank. if they are in it for the cash only, their product will show this

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is only $250 an oz Venom. There are lots of people in California that have not and will not register to get their card. For the same reason more pot smokers are not on these internet sites than are on the internet sites. That reason is paranoia. Those are the people that get it behind the scenes.

Good pot is good pot. If it scored that high at the cup it is beating most of the stuff at the clubs. At least the stuff they have plenty of. I mean if Greenthumbdanny takes in his Chemdog D or Stardawg or Joker takes in his Pure Kush or Blueberry that is as good as it gets. So I ain't slamming all indoor weed. I am just saying that I will have some outdoor that is just as fine a product in it's own ways.

There is more technology now with indoor. Mixing HPS and LED, adding UV and other stuff that is getting closer to the sun.

In reality I never ask if weed I am buying is indoor or outdoor. I buy it based on what it looks like and smokes like. I never question bud density if the product smoke good and has a great buzz. Lighter buds just means you need a bigger bag. It is still an ounce. It seem post 90's smokers only want nugs and only want indoor. Some wouldn't even give outdoor buds the time of day.

To me that just isn't logical thinking. It is foolishly snobbish. When I buy a hamburger I want it to be fat, tasty and made with real hamburger. I don't care where it was raised or if it has organic tomatoes or lettuce I just want a great tasting cleanly made hamburger.

K

Kief Stoned

If it scored that high at the cup it is beating most of the stuff at the clubs.

Unless your like the "Prince of Pot" ( GHS ) and paid off the judges . Lol jks jks.

Around here ( x ) indoor w/out seeds,high quality bud goes for 375-425 a Z or 20 sometimes even 25 a gram ( Or so im told. I never buy anymore.) . Outdoor,high quality without seeds goes for around 25-30% less. And Mex brick goes for 65-75 a Z unless theres a "drought" and then it can go as high as 100.00 a Z... If I were still buying smoke I would opt for the 75 a Z mex and just remove the seeds..lol..Thats the truth. Im no pot snob.. If it gets me stoned thast all that matters.Unless its absolute garbage.. Then I just wouldnt buy it and I would wait till something decent came around.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I am not at odds with motherlode either. I am just shell shocked that he didn't know I was totally kidding when I said I was coming over to his house and my pot was gonna make him say uncle. All those things were totally on the fair side of fun. Instant replay clearly shows there was no intentional foul committed.

So we are starting the second half now motherlode. NEW GAME!! We cool?

Oh yeah and I am going to try an onside kick. LOL!

Peace ALL

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey kief. LOL! That is why I just sent that weed. I didn't want to throw away an ounce of Chem or White. I figured it would be like the High Times Cup and go to the highest bidder. But I wanted to try. This was the 420 cup. I thought it seemed pretty fair. The one guy that won a couple things was just a regular poster on ICmag. The only thing against it was the judges just have too much weed to smoke to be able to score everything accurately.

K

Kief Stoned

I am not at odds with motherlode either. I am just shell shocked that he didn't know I was totally kidding when I said I was coming over to his house and my pot was gonna make him say uncle. All those things were totally on the fair side of fun. Instant replay clearly shows there was no intentional foul committed.

So we are starting the second half now motherlode. NEW GAME!! We cool?

oh yeah and I going to try an onside kick. LOL!

Peace ALL

Thats why I have always said ( jokingly ) that we need a sarcasm filter/setting/bracket etc for online forums ( [ sarcasm ] [/sarcasm] ) lol..Sense of humor/jokes etc does not translate well at all to text.

Illmind

Illmind

i'm sure there are ppl in ca that got paper and will pay 4k for a p without blinking. especially if they smokers and dont sell. that the prob everyone wants it as cheap as possible to maximize their profits or be able to smoke for free. when u flippn to paid as hell heavy smokers they see something they want price doesnt even enter equation. i'm sure it never gets old hearing ' chemdog i can get that for 2500 a p, what og kush 2500 a p' then u say 'well why the fuck do u have me here knowing it's 3500 a p?' and the good ole 'go get that then lol matter fact i want some get me 10 of em lol' and then watch em stfu. holy fuk tobor u said u were gonna roll to his spot n your pot was gonna make em say uncle ? lol! u da man sir u da man.. upon further review of the tape i c no foul u will not b charged a timeout.

Top Bottom