Indoor virgin, wish me luck

• Thread starter electroguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

Yeah, me too. When I get to harvesting the bigger stuff, I’m gonna try weighing a few buds wet. Then weigh them as they dry. See how that works. Still using jars and hygrometers though. Will cure in grove bags. I already have a bunch of those.
Have you browned buds before? Any way back from the brink?

electroguy

electroguy

I hear ya. It’s just something that you have to constantly monitor until it stabilizes. Want to avoid putting it away to wet at all costs. Are you satisfied with the buzz?
They all have nice effects and fantastic flavors. Malawi is super exotic, fruity and pine flavors with a wild musk. SLH is real sweet, no skunkyness just yum. And the critical is like a pine Forrest. Can't wait till they are done.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If it is just from over drying I, I will re-introduced moisture by using little terra-cotta medallions that raw makes. Or I think you can just break up a flower pot. But I will soak them in distilled water and throw them in with the weed and monitor the humidity. It’s a slow process using them but eventually the humidity gets up to where I want it. you may not recover all the Terps and flavor, but it always works pretty well for me. I don’t like throwing too much moisture in at one time. I want it to be a slow rehydrating process. But even if it’s brown and dry, it will still get you high! Anything is better than letting it mold up!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds great! That’s the fun part! Sampling the fruits of your labor! I have some from last year that have been curing. Still enjoying them after a long cure! I have never use the bovedas. I’m not sure what’s in them, but I don’t like introducing any foreign substance into my finished product if I can help it. May be a little distilled water to keep the moisture up if it’s getting a little too dry. Just have to pay attention. And if the brown isn’t mold, you can always use it to make edibles.

Last edited:
electroguy

electroguy

Trimmed up the rest of the SLH and monster Malawi yesterday. Can't wait for the cure to be over. Tick tock...... tell me about those grove bags @Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, look who turned up! I figured you had to put that weed down, or you would never get your house. Finished! L O L! I use both. Jars and bags

electroguy

electroguy

Well, look who turned up! I figured you had to put that weed down, or you would never get your house. Finished! L O L! I use both. Jars and bags
Still working on the house, and cure and final trim on last part of harvest. Still have a few cactus arms from the Malawi mom to trim. Very larfy so far. She got dried out also from an irrigation mishap. The burping is quite time consuming. What's the max humidity in the jars and how fast do I want to reduce it. Been trying to keep below 62%? Is that groovy?

electroguy

electroguy

I just can't blow the cure. I already jacked up the nicest jar of the dawg and that is hard to come by also because of a painful irrigation problem.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Probably don’t want to go much higher than 62. I notice with the grove bags. If you don’t heat seal them, they will lose moisture over time. So I am going to heat seal them, but keep a bunch out in jars to get into! I think in 8 months, my shit went from, approximately 62 down to 52 without heat ceiling. But believe it or not, it smells better after eight months than it did when it went in! Always better to follow the directions! Getting the moisture dial in before you put it away to cure is always a pain in the ass! Especially if you have a lot!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I do the grove bags same as the jars. I threw a couple of hygrometers in there and keep checking until it stabilizes at about 62 give or take a couple of percent. Are use the ones with the window so I will put a hygrometer where I can see it and then seal them up for good. And check on them every once in a while. They work pretty good.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I have to get off my ass and empty out some 1 pound bags from last year and the year before. I got a harvest here pretty soon! Procrastinator!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I would want to keep it around 60 before you put it away. In my opinion 62 is too wet to smoke anyway! You’ll probably be all right around 58 or 59. It doesn’t have to be exact.

electroguy

electroguy

I know, it can be a pain. Especially when you’re working a job and building a house! Just don’t put it away too wet!
I was just getting ready to only burp the Malawi bucket once a day. It had been running around 62. This afternoon, 67, WTF?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I know! That’s part of the game. That’s why you have to keep an eye on it until you’re sure it is going to stay down around 60. It takes a while! Burping is a slow way of getting it down. If it’s 67 I would probably take it out and let it sit out for a day. I think it’s gonna take a lot of burping to go from 67 to 60. Or you can try leaving the lid off for 24 hours and see where that gets you. But nothing gets ruined overnight! You just have to monitor it.

electroguy

electroguy

Back from The mountains! 11 big masons, 9 quarts,, and a few pints. Haven't weighed yet. Built my kitchen wall so I can order my plumbing fittings now, already have the pipe. Did a bunch of boaring sealing throughout the house. Did a bunch of cleanup. It wasn't all work though. We went up to our friend's house for a BBQ and bonfire 🔥. Beautiful fall weather in the mountains ⛰️ 😍

electroguy

electroguy

Hey all. RH is getting a little low in some of my jars(54 -55). SLH still tastes great but I am worried. Kinda gun shy with bodiva cause I think I screwed up a jar early in harvest. Is it OK to just put in a bit of moist paper towel in the jars to add a few percentage points ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom