Inexperienced needing a little help

• Thread starter cainjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

Round 2 of a random seed. She is outdoor and I fertilize with advanced solutions the bloom, grow and micro. 1 gallon of water and 15 ml of each through out the week and plain water to supplement. I've noticed almost no trichomes. She has been through a lot of heat stress so I've had it in the shade for a few days. I bought a light and timer but do not have a completely dark area. Will I ever produce anything good?
Are we even sure of the gender of this plant? If it is indeed a female I’d selectively remove a lot of the leaves, spray it with some azamax (with weekly subsequent sprays), and put it back to 18-6 under a light for a few weeks. With proper nutes, water, light, and some TLC it will come back. MJ is a very resilient plant with an uncanny genetic drive to live and propagate.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Oh please carry on. Tell us all about? You don't know how to act. I assume you probably don't know how to read and write at a level significant enough to have things like mortgages. Or workers. Or projects. But what you do have is emojiis. And you're angry about something. So explain. Please. What exactly made you like this? Let's work through it.
Cannabis growing knowledge to imbibe plus a little side melodrama for entertainment.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Cannabis growing knowledge to imbibe plus a little side melodrama for entertainment.
Instead of berating each other how about some input on my last thread question about my pistils turning color too early? Given the limited and controlled feeding is this more apt to be genetics or my light being too close?

Ponky

Ponky

I inkt
Instead of berating each other how about some input on my last thread question about my pistils turning color too early? Given the limited and controlled feeding is this more apt to be genetics or my light being too close?
I only get dark pistils early when the buds are up against the side of the tent. Or right in front of the fan. I'll notice a few spots that have dark hairs a week or 2 early. Never up high. Always lower down. When my lights are too close I get some burnt leaves. But not dark pistils. It's never really been a problem before. In my opinion it's wind and contact related.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I only get dark pistils early when the buds are up against the side of the tent. Or right in front of the fan. I'll notice a few spots that have dark hairs a week or 2 early. Never up high. Always lower down. When my lights are too close I get some burnt leaves. But not dark pistils. It's never really been a problem before. In my opinion it's wind and contact related.
@Mugwort Mostly this ^^
There are a couple of other factors, genetic included, that can cause this, but it's a common thing with tents and LEDs.

Mugwort

Mugwort

🤔
There once was a putz named ponky
His useless negative comments made my eyebrow go wonky
So I sat him down for a little talky
Only to realize I was dealing with a donkey
His last few responses have seemed a bit clunky
No doubt a ham fisted attempt for attention by a flunky
He whines and cries but says he’s not grumpy
He’s so easy to antagonize I’m sure this road will continue t
In the interest of balance, I can say from first hands experience that when Ponky sees a first time grow he likes, he says so and doesn't mince his words. It's given me a lot of confidence. Yes you could get a bag seed and 'learn', I took another route. I did hours of reading and research using a little known resource called the world wide web, spent the money on a tent and LEDs with adequate ppfd and paid my $20 a seed to get excellent genetics. 30 days in:

View attachment 1157354

All went one prong, three, five, seven by the fourth node, and was able to top at day 25 with explosive growth almost immediately. A lot of this is down to the help I got from Ponky and Aqua Man and Florica and Comfortably Numb and many others. Maybe the link between the posts of Ponky that you don't like isn't Ponky but the people coming to him with garbage and asking him to polish a turd. I'd much rather get real feedback that helps me avoid doing dumb stuff. Better to learn from other people's fuck ups than have to make them yourself. I'm hardly a genius but I've got my first grow a good way thru veg with pretty good results by doing my research, starting with the right gear ( especially genetics) and being willing to take criticism as it was intended without getting hurt. That's all of my two cents ☺️ Peace
“Polish a turd”...😂😂😂

Mugwort

Mugwort

If though you were a dick at first thanks for the advice. I have a pond and ive had tons of trials and tribulation but finally seeing happy healthy fish is awesome and that's sorta how I viewed growing. I bought soil and the fertilizer, then eventually the light but obviously don't know enough yet to produce nice buds. A questions: what's the indication you seen that tells you the plant has bugs?

Also you really think I should dump it? I think I want to try to smoke it just to know what I don't want. Haha.
Unless you can keep that plant under a light for awhile under controlled conditions I wouldn’t put any more energy into trying to save it. Get you some seeds, do some reading, and wait until Spring! You have your own pond eh? That is cool. Catch and release same fish and stock it with fish from neighboring lakes. Are your fish spawning yet? If you can learn the dynamics of maintaining the ecology of a pond learning to grow good weed will be easy for you!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unless you can keep that plant under a light for awhile under controlled conditions I wouldn’t put any more energy into trying to save it. Get you some seeds, do some reading, and wait until Spring! You have your own pond eh? That is cool. Catch and release same fish and stock it with fish from neighboring lakes. Are your fish spawning yet? If you can learn the dynamics of maintaining the ecology of a pond learning to grow good weed will be easy for you!
Lets see a new picture of this plant.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey guys, I get it. I had a personality clash here myself. The IGNORE button works wonders.
It happens. Lets click and move on before someone with a big stick comes in here.

JoryK

JoryK

I agree with Ponky about shit plants. If you have to run one all the way through flower knowing it’s a suck plant you’re learning too slowly. Weak genetics, poor environment or whatever. It flies or it dies in my garden.
I have to also agree that it isn’t worth the time if you really want to learn.
If so, you really should start over with an indoor autoflower grow to start with. Here’s what I’d do if I were you:
First off, you said you have bought a light, what kind is it? If it’s of a decent type and strength then all you really need to get started growing indoors is a inexpensive tent that’s size proportional to your lights size/strength, a timer, an extractor fan and carbon filter setup, 5-10gal pots, some good potting soil with organic amendments like Sunshine Mix #4 (which is what I use) or Fox Farm Ocean forest, a one part fertilizer such as TPS One (follow the correct feeding chart for your type of plants), but only at 1/2 recommended dosage), and order yourself some good feminized autoflower seeds to start out with. Get a quick finishing strain (some strains of autoflower grow from seed to harvest in only around 60-70 days) that is easy to grow and resistant to pests.
Set the timer to 20/4 and plant seeds directly into pot that you’ll be finishing in as autos have such a short life that transplanting can really stunt them badly amd have a big effect on your end harvest weight.
Always keep your grow area clean to avoid pest issues and change outside clothes before working on indoor garden to reduce risk of bringing any pests in from outside into your grow.
And buy and read a good grow book or three. They’re readily avail of Amazon, like everything else, these days. Lol.
Good luck man, a little work and a little reading and you’ll be growing your own killer stash in no time.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Just a thought: I suspect you are more likely to learn from growing healthy plants until your experience matures. Speaking for myself here, I wouldn't know enough about that plant to learn anything from it. I could feed and water it and watch it do whatever it does... but how does that help me learn to grow healthy plants?

PS - would it help to think of it as a plane crash about to happen? You can hit the eject button now and get started on your next trip, or ride it out and see what the experience is like. (I don't think there is a wrong answer, by the way)

Peace.

cainjm

cainjm

Just a thought: I suspect you are more likely to learn from growing healthy plants until your experience matures. Speaking for myself here, I wouldn't know enough about that plant to learn anything from it. I could feed and water it and watch it do whatever it does... but how does that help me learn to grow healthy plants?

PS - would it help to think of it as a plane crash about to happen? You can hit the eject button now and get started on your next trip, or ride it out and see what the experience is like. (I don't think there is a wrong answer, by the way)

Peace.
I'm down for the ride always. Haha I'm trying to be funny. But the first part was super clear. Only witnessing something fail isn't going to teach me the correct way. Appreciate it.

cainjm

cainjm

Are we even sure of the gender of this plant? If it is indeed a female I’d selectively remove a lot of the leaves, spray it with some azamax (with weekly subsequent sprays), and put it back to 18-6 under a light for a few weeks. With proper nutes, water, light, and some TLC it will come back. MJ is a very resilient plant with an uncanny genetic drive to live and propagate.
18 on 6 off? I have it in a blacked out room. I started 12-12 yesterday morning because even though she's looking worse I can't bring myself to throw it out. I gotta stick it out. Win or fail.
The plant can get an infection? Wow I really do need to take a day off and research.

Are generally all problems less likely in a controlled environment?

cainjm

cainjm

The little white spots are generally thrips. It gets progressively worse. They're almost a guaranteed pest to get. if you order some good auto flower seeds you can be smoking in 3 months. if you like to smoke like a quarter a day or more you almost need a tent. I suggest 5x5 or 4x8. A light. Air filter and some basics to start. If you like aquariums. You'll love growing indoor pot.

The problem with thrips isn't if. It's when. So I pretreat. Then once buds start the plant is on its own. If thrips hit a plant early it ends up getting fungus. From the insect excretion. For good bud you keep pests at bay. Trim the dead low leaves away and you should have nice weed at the end of the day. I prefer a basic off the shelf Sulphur based organic approved spray. But there are a lot of options.

After you grow enough weed for a few months. Switch to a photo period strain. Then you can mother the weed you like. And perpetual harvest. You can achieve your weed goals in about a year or 2.

I would go plant that thing near some flowing water away from site. And let it be wild. See if it makes it. Just for fun.
Bro how tf do people smoke a quarter a day? Lol I'm obviously wayyy to little to jump in full force thinking I got this just because I get a half a week. You've explained to me that basically I have a lot to learn if I wanna do shit right and honestly even though I'm gonna keep her going your opinions resonated the most for future me.

Madbud

Madbud

I get one every year and just let it grow out, this one flowered under 16/8 so i left it indoor, never grew more than single and triple leaves. Sticky and does the job. Easy trim too.
F8AAF19E E2FF 43EE B79A D2CB234021B0
757B7A04 36A0 4962 97AF 37850C7099ED
7673D46F 5C0D 426C 990A B5BD773B251F

cainjm

cainjm

I have to also agree that it isn’t worth the time if you really want to learn.
If so, you really should start over with an indoor autoflower grow to start with. Here’s what I’d do if I were you:
First off, you said you have bought a light, what kind is it? If it’s of a decent type and strength then all you really need to get started growing indoors is a inexpensive tent that’s size proportional to your lights size/strength, a timer, an extractor fan and carbon filter setup, 5-10gal pots, some good potting soil with organic amendments like Sunshine Mix #4 (which is what I use) or Fox Farm Ocean forest, a one part fertilizer such as TPS One (follow the correct feeding chart for your type of plants), but only at 1/2 recommended dosage), and order yourself some good feminized autoflower seeds to start out with. Get a quick finishing strain (some strains of autoflower grow from seed to harvest in only around 60-70 days) that is easy to grow and resistant to pests.
Set the timer to 20/4 and plant seeds directly into pot that you’ll be finishing in as autos have such a short life that transplanting can really stunt them badly amd have a big effect on your end harvest weight.
Always keep your grow area clean to avoid pest issues and change outside clothes before working on indoor garden to reduce risk of bringing any pests in from outside into your grow.
And buy and read a good grow book or three. They’re readily avail of Amazon, like everything else, these days. Lol.
Good luck man, a little work and a little reading and you’ll be growing your own killer stash in no time.
This is the light I have. Is that wrong too? I wouldn't doubt it at this point. I did get fox farm soil but just assuming i definitely shouldn't reuse the same soil. Is it cool to use in my garden? Lol there no such thing as a stupid question.

cainjm

cainjm

I feel nothing. The plant is trash. But if you want to slap it in the ground. And watch how it grows yay fun. But it's not worth spending any time or money on. And you won't want to smoke it when it's done. And don't mind me while I piss all over people on your thread. They need to hear it.

If you want to fight to the death in a mud pit. Ok. If you want to use emojiis and repeat yourself. Ok. But get some nylon hair extensions and press on nails first. And have fun "saving" hermaphrodite plants in a tent. Very useful endeavor.
I'm the op, not that person. Idk if you hate me or them or everyone. But like I've said a bunch of times I think you have good intentions. i get your lack of tact bc I'm the same way. You're to the point, you know you grow good shit and only give your opinion. You're cool in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom