Inexperienced needing a little help

• Thread starter cainjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cainjm

cainjm

Oh please carry on. Tell us all about? You don't know how to act. I assume you probably don't know how to read and write at a level significant enough to have things like mortgages. Or workers. Or projects. But what you do have is emojiis. And you're angry about something. So explain. Please. What exactly made you like this? Let's work through it.
Well it all started when I was about 8 on a family vacation and i had to look up what the word eviction meant... It was quite a mind fuck for me. Lol you guys need to smoke geez.

cainjm

cainjm

Also it looks like you might have some insect issues, not too sure though. If you have a jewelers loop or microscope check the leaves look for little white, black or red specs. There are insect treatments that can be done right up to harvest.
All those dead and dying leaves are a good way to attract insects.
Shows how inexperienced I am. I thought of the dead leaves as mulch. Stupid.

growsince79

growsince79

I have to also agree that it isn’t worth the time if you really want to learn.
If so, you really should start over with an indoor autoflower grow to start with. Here’s what I’d do if I were you:
First off, you said you have bought a light, what kind is it? If it’s of a decent type and strength then all you really need to get started growing indoors is a inexpensive tent that’s size proportional to your lights size/strength, a timer, an extractor fan and carbon filter setup, 5-10gal pots, some good potting soil with organic amendments like Sunshine Mix #4 (which is what I use) or Fox Farm Ocean forest, a one part fertilizer such as TPS One (follow the correct feeding chart for your type of plants), but only at 1/2 recommended dosage), and order yourself some good feminized autoflower seeds to start out with. Get a quick finishing strain (some strains of autoflower grow from seed to harvest in only around 60-70 days) that is easy to grow and resistant to pests.
Set the timer to 20/4 and plant seeds directly into pot that you’ll be finishing in as autos have such a short life that transplanting can really stunt them badly amd have a big effect on your end harvest weight.
Always keep your grow area clean to avoid pest issues and change outside clothes before working on indoor garden to reduce risk of bringing any pests in from outside into your grow.
And buy and read a good grow book or three. They’re readily avail of Amazon, like everything else, these days. Lol.
Good luck man, a little work and a little reading and you’ll be growing your own killer stash in no time.
A fast photo can finish just as fast as an auto and is way more forgiving. I wouldn't wish autos on anyone especially beginners.

cainjm

cainjm

Just for shits and giggles this was round 1. I see all the white spots now but overall it was doing a bit better than this plant but shortly there after she died from a case of very serious nutrient burn. Rip.
20210329 182722

cainjm

cainjm

Instead of berating each other how about some input on my last thread question about my pistils turning color too early? Given the limited and controlled feeding is this more apt to be genetics or my light being too close?
Did you get your help? Lol

Mugwort

Mugwort

I started my first grow at the beginning of last summer. I went into a dispensary and told the guy I want some seeds from the strongest sativa you have. I didn’t even look at the strain before I germinated a couple of them and threw package away thinking that the nomenclature used is silly and that labeling it as a sativa was as specific and accurate as it gets. Well, one of the germinated seeds of the feminized packet that I bought for 50 bucks was male. I didn’t realize it till after it had formed pollen sacs and fertilized the other plant which was female before I yanked it and threw it away. To make a long story short I ended up with hundreds of seeds from a strain that I only know to be a sativa. Second girl was from a bag of seeds that I had put away in my rollaway toolbox almost 30 years ago. It was obviously an Indica dominant strain and beautiful right up until the time spider mites ravished it and made it perfect fodder for edibles. I mean these little fuckers made mince meat out of her while I sat back wondering why there were spider webs around my buds. Third grow was a clone of the spider ravished Indica and went without a hitch giving me six 32 oz jars of manicured wonderful buds. My current grow is going even better. Moral of the story is experience is something you get after you needed it! Check out the pretty bud with the pretty web around it!
143386B5 BD64 4DC4 AF36 B094BE441383

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm on day 38 of grow number one. Got a 4x4 with 2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 for total of just under 600 at the wall. Spent about $20 per seed to get some nice Green Crack and Gg4 genetics. This is 4x Green Crack. By doing it this way I've found I have 4 different plants teaching me lessons. I can see the way that different genetics within the same strain can play out. I can see issues developing in one plant and correct before others are affected. You can see the front left is a little stunted. The front right is a week younger but has overtaken the other because of stunting. They'll all still be good plants though if I stay smart and have luck with pests.

Didn't cost me the earth to set up, have had lots of great help on here, watched lots of Bruce Bugbee. Pretty happy so far, gonna be close to a two month veg I think but don't know as it's my first grow. I'm constantly surprised how quickly they grow. But I'm glad I spent the money to get a setup that's easier to control the environment and full a small space with veg.

72D2A60A 29E8 4719 B041 B0458DAAB650
DC7C50F4 4B07 4896 9D08 FE0922251E4C
59A6FF0E 339A 4D0B 9EBF 5ED1670C885B
Mugwort

Mugwort

I'm on day 38 of grow number one. Got a 4x4 with 2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 for total of just under 600 at the wall. Spent about $20 per seed to get some nice Green Crack and Gg4 genetics. This is 4x Green Crack. By doing it this way I've found I have 4 different plants teaching me lessons. I can see the way that different genetics within the same strain can play out. I can see issues developing in one plant and correct before others are affected. You can see the front left is a little stunted. The front right is a week younger but has overtaken the other because of stunting. They'll all still be good plants though if I stay smart and have luck with pests.

Didn't cost me the earth to set up, have had lots of great help on here, watched lots of Bruce Bugbee. Pretty happy so far, gonna be close to a two month veg I think but don't know as it's my first grow. I'm constantly surprised how quickly they grow. But I'm glad I spent the money to get a setup that's easier to control the environment and full a small space with veg.
Wow...growth nodes are stacked really close to each other! Very nice! First grow...very impressive. Compare and contrast to my first (below). I planted seeds before I owned a light and was running plants between windows for light! I live in Lake Havasu City and it’s not uncommon to see temperatures > 120° so indoor growing is preferred.
108070C6 8A90 4600 BF18 8747933A277D

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Wow...growth nodes are stacked really close to each other! Very nice! First grow...very impressive. Compare and contrast to my first (below). I planted seeds before I owned a light and was running plants between windows for light! I live in Lake Havasu City and it’s not uncommon to see temperatures > 120° so indoor growing is preferred.View attachment 1159851
I read and watched a lot before my first grow and have a science background all of which helps. I haven't been there but I've been to the canyon and Tuscon and Phoenix and I live in basically the same climate, just on the other side of the world. ☺😂 We get our share of 115-120 days, and usually have about a month in summer where the temp doesn't drop below about 85 - day or night. We on the coast though so we get a seabreeze in summer at least. Fortunately my little room is external security door and all concrete/render inside, but still has a connection to the central air con. Weird? Like it was designed to be a grow room. In summer it will get clean dry cool air piped in 24/7 and the exhaust blows straight into the hot roof cavity so nothing from in there can heat up my room. Can't wait until the ambient temp in there is 80 though, between that and the constant supply of cool filtered air my summer grows are gonna be awesome 😍. This one should harvest around early Nov I hope so my next veg should be out of control.

Some day 39 photos. That little snapped shoot ain't gonna make it but I think there are more than enough good sites there to still make that a killer medicine plant. The node sites I think are partly genetics and partly very closely following a ppfd chart from an indoor grower which seems to have been pretty accurate. Cheers for the big up and hope you enjoy the shots. The Little chunky node monster at the end actually came up after most of the others because it popped upside down. Was a little struggler of a seedling but I think she's gonna be...pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

36BCA3E5 D057 4191 BA5D 90263CA77A37
D4CB074E 0A21 4D86 B4A3 DE013E93BED8
81BF43CB E0F1 4452 8261 2FAFCE255F2C
4D9176A4 C106 4BAB 8462 792FF8F9AFD6
BF614824 7E8C 4F8A 8EA4 4D25FE9018E5
80C383E0 1ED6 498B B448 AC99CE536BAE
7FD67D43 2A47 4C32 9465 79A2C2A6BE2F
C3FE664D 4DA9 400C AB8D 1E13386FE3F9
FBF45E98 6785 47B3 81CF 7933764A9E09
CB371E35 649C 4F31 A4DE 317AB2A6A638
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I started my first grow at the beginning of last summer. I went into a dispensary and told the guy I want some seeds from the strongest sativa you have. I didn’t even look at the strain before I germinated a couple of them and threw package away thinking that the nomenclature used is silly and that labeling it as a sativa was as specific and accurate as it gets. Well, one of the germinated seeds of the feminized packet that I bought for 50 bucks was male. I didn’t realize it till after it had formed pollen sacs and fertilized the other plant which was female before I yanked it and threw it away. To make a long story short I ended up with hundreds of seeds from a strain that I only know to be a sativa. Second girl was from a bag of seeds that I had put away in my rollaway toolbox almost 30 years ago. It was obviously an Indica dominant strain and beautiful right up until the time spider mites ravished it and made it perfect fodder for edibles. I mean these little fuckers made mince meat out of her while I sat back wondering why there were spider webs around my buds. Third grow was a clone of the spider ravished Indica and went without a hitch giving me six 32 oz jars of manicured wonderful buds. My current grow is going even better. Moral of the story is experience is something you get after you needed it! Check out the pretty bud with the pretty web around it!View attachment 1159832
I hate to be an asshole.

those are not pretty webs. That’s straight spider mites. A serious infestation. Get rid of them or risk losing the puff.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Careful the lightening of color on the edges of the leaves could be that start or cal/mag defiency.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Wow...growth nodes are stacked really close to each other! Very nice! First grow...very impressive. Compare and contrast to my first (below). I planted seeds before I owned a light and was running plants between windows for light! I live in Lake Havasu City and it’s not uncommon to see temperatures > 120° so indoor growing is preferred.View attachment 1159851
I hate to again be a dick. But those are really far nodal spacing. I’d try to use a stronger light soirce.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Careful the lightening of color on the edges of the leaves could be that start or cal/mag defiency.
Thanks mate yeah there was some really strong mag deficiency in the beginning because I didn't realise how hard my water was. I'm using Canna A+B, Cannazym, Silica, Fulvic. Should I think about adding some Epsom salts?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Does anyone detect a little stretch here because of light conditions?
[/QUOTE]

Mugwort

Mugwort

I hate to be an asshole.

those are not pretty webs. That’s straight spider mites. A serious infestation. Get rid of them or risk losing the puff.
That plant is long gone. It didn’t click with me and I didn’t realize just how extensive it was before it was too late. I jarred about six ounces of the nastiest looking buds and made hundreds of cookies which were very potent. I cloned her and that grow went great. I just spray with alternating Neem oil and Azamax once/week. This post was for cainjm who originally started the subject. I wanted to let him know my mistakes owing to lack of experience. And you are not being an asshole. This forum is a safe place for people to share their experiences without being judged. Principles before personalities as they say in some other peer help forums. Growing and cultivating marijuana seems to be as much of an art is it is a science therefore there are lots of opinions!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I can't say I never plant bag seed because sometimes I do. However, there's a ton of truth to starting with good genetics. I feel for those that see $10 and up per seed as expensive. They are, but in my eyes, it's a worthwhile investment.

There is another option that gives you decent genetics at a price where mistakes won't break the bank. I started out ordering my seeds here: https://oaseeds.com/en/173-bulk-feminized Once I gained some confidence in my ability to grow good bud crop after crop, I began buying the more expensive seeds in well known breeder packs.

The bulk seeds option provides the opportunity to learn and the genetics really are pretty good!
Wow man I randomly was going thru posts and checked out this site and their in house genetics are very cheap in getting like 10 different strains for like 20$!!I love the single seed option I’m excited to have these on deck as I like to try new genetics and want to gain experience before finding a mom and running a certain strain for awhile.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
🤔
There once was a putz named ponky
His useless negative comments made my eyebrow go wonky
So I sat him down for a little talky
Only to realize I was dealing with a donkey
His last few responses have seemed a bit clunky
No doubt a ham fisted attempt for attention by a flunky
He whines and cries but says he’s not grumpy
He’s so easy to antagonize I’m sure this road will continue to be bumpy
🤣🤣🤣
Oh please carry on. Tell us all about? You don't know how to act. I assume you probably don't know how to read and write at a level significant enough to have things like mortgages. Or workers. Or projects. But what you do have is emojiis. And you're angry about something. So explain. Please. What exactly made you like this? Let's work through it.
Use the ignore button on each other immediately!!
If I have to deal with you 2 moving forward you will not like the results:)

Top Bottom