Inexperienced needing a little help

• Thread starter cainjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Shows how inexperienced I am. I thought of the dead leaves as mulch. Stupid.
Stupid means you are incapable of rational thought. Somehow I do not think that applies to you.
You ARE in the forum looking for help. Don't sound stupid to me.

Ignorant means you did not learn (whatever) yet.

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

Dude you’re unrealistic, there’s a bunch of people just starting out on here looking for advice or trying to learn and even though you’re knowledgeable you post these snarky answers and come off like a cunt. A lot can be learned from a bagseed grow and if you fuck it up you haven’t wasted money on seeds with good genetics. My first grow was bag seed and I’m glad it was because I had all kinds of problems. Everyone has to crawl before they walk. I guess with all your infinite wisdom you didn’t crawl but started with an all out sprint lmao, How do you not understand that with your 30 years of experience? It’s also different for someone growing a couple plants or a couple dozen, if a few out of the dozen give you issues yeah toss em, but think about new growers usually just a couple of plants, they come here with a problem looking to join the community and get some advice , then you come along and say it’s garbage just chop it and speed dry it and sell the moldy bud, or that plant will never produce anything of value or whatever it’s completely bull shit and totally useless.
My first grow was bag seed. Wanted to make mistakes and learn then buy some good genetics from there on in. Totally agree.

Ponky

Ponky

My first grow was bag seed. Wanted to make mistakes and learn then buy some good genetics from there on in. Totally agree.
A quality seed is less than 15 bucks. A bag seed grows for months. A plant you can see is messed up. Well. You don't want it. I can't see any scenario where you're use of food and time isn't worth spending a 20.

If you're growing a plant not worth the effort and you ask: is this plant going to grow anything good? The answer you want is the truth. In as few words as possible. An answer shouldn't make someone feel anything but informed.

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

A quality seed is less than 15 bucks. A bag seed grows for months. A plant you can see is messed up. Well. You don't want it. I can't see any scenario where you're use of food and time isn't worth spending a 20.

If you're growing a plant not worth the effort and you ask: is this plant going to grow anything good? The answer you want is the truth. In as few words as possible. An answer shouldn't make someone feel anything but informed.
My first bag seed grow was very successful all things considered. I'm glad I did it.

Ponky

Ponky

My first bag seed grow was very successful all things considered. I'm glad I did it.
Yeah it usually is a feminized seed. But it's also a crap shoot. And you don't know if you'll get seedy poo. The best option is clones from a friend that grows the kill. Then seeds from a good breeder. Then bag seed from a bag of good pot.

And the best tool of all is someone that knows what your plant should look like at different stages of life that can keep you on track. Otherwise you can spend all sorts of time on something that you shouldn't. Like the person here that grew a literal weed from the lawn Instead of a cannabis plant. I mean if you don't know you gotta ask.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

People win the lotto every week. You still aren't going to see financial planners putting weekly lottery purchases into your statement of advice. Not suggesting you just got lucky, you may just be very good at this. But the numbers suggest starting with boss genetics gives you the best chance. I think that's the point Ponky is making. If you're going to invest months and de Niro into your grow why even take a 1% chance you're starting with something that's basically poo in a pod?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

People win the lotto every week. You still aren't going to see financial planners putting weekly lottery purchases into your statement of advice. Not suggesting you just got lucky, you may just be very good at this. But the numbers suggest starting with boss genetics gives you the best chance. I think that's the point Ponky is making. If you're going to invest months and de Niro into your grow why even take a 1% chance you're starting with something that's basically poo in a pod?
That's like giving up on a woman after 5 seconds because she's blonde.

Ponky

Ponky

If you do have a bag of weed and it's something you've never had. And it's really really good. And there is a bag seed. You should definitely crack it. Try to mother it. And see if it gives you seed free nice buds that don't rot. But yeah. Odds aren't always good..

The best scenario is you're smoking weed with a friend. And it's awesome. And your buddy grabs you some pre veg from his room and they're already sprayed.

I've tried buying seeds for 3 years. And so far all of the strains are good. They are what's on the label. But they always had a few seeds per ounce. And when the buds got too big. Bud rot. Very frustrating. And only one of the strains was worth cloning out. And I'm pretty sure no one did those ones twice.

I only want people to have success. And to benefit from the failures of others. Because anyone is 3.5 months away from having good bud.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

If you do have a bag of weed and it's something you've never had. And it's really really good. And there is a bag seed. You should definitely crack it. Try to mother it. And see if it gives you seed free nice buds that don't rot. But yeah. Odds aren't always good..

The best scenario is you're smoking weed with a friend. And it's awesome. And your buddy grabs you some pre veg from his room and they're already sprayed.

I've tried buying seeds for 3 years. And so far all of the strains are good. They are what's on the label. But they always had a few seeds per ounce. And when the buds got too big. Bud rot. Very frustrating. And only one of the strains was worth cloning out. And I'm pretty sure no one did those ones twice.

I only want people to have success. And to benefit from the failures of others. Because anyone is 3.5 months away from having good bud.
About two for me hopefully 🤞☺️

cainjm

cainjm

I started my first grow at the beginning of last summer. I went into a dispensary and told the guy I want some seeds from the strongest sativa you have. I didn’t even look at the strain before I germinated a couple of them and threw package away thinking that the nomenclature used is silly and that labeling it as a sativa was as specific and accurate as it gets. Well, one of the germinated seeds of the feminized packet that I bought for 50 bucks was male. I didn’t realize it till after it had formed pollen sacs and fertilized the other plant which was female before I yanked it and threw it away. To make a long story short I ended up with hundreds of seeds from a strain that I only know to be a sativa. Second girl was from a bag of seeds that I had put away in my rollaway toolbox almost 30 years ago. It was obviously an Indica dominant strain and beautiful right up until the time spider mites ravished it and made it perfect fodder for edibles. I mean these little fuckers made mince meat out of her while I sat back wondering why there were spider webs around my buds. Third grow was a clone of the spider ravished Indica and went without a hitch giving me six 32 oz jars of manicured wonderful buds. My current grow is going even better. Moral of the story is experience is something you get after you needed it! Check out the pretty bud with the pretty web around it!View attachment 1159832

I definitely agree with "I can't see any scenario where you're use of food and time isn't worth spending a 20."

But every case is different and you have to see that sometimes it's ok to try and fail..knowing you're gonna fail. It may not be your personal choice, but it can be ok.

In my case the only thing im gonna do is basically watch it. I'm not counting that as time or energy. After its all over I might have put an extra dollar or two into this plant.

Then thanks to you, a bunch of others and my own research I'll be able to successfully produce.

cainjm

cainjm

Yeah it usually is a feminized seed. But it's also a crap shoot. And you don't know if you'll get seedy poo. The best option is clones from a friend that grows the kill. Then seeds from a good breeder. Then bag seed from a bag of good pot.

And the best tool of all is someone that knows what your plant should look like at different stages of life that can keep you on track. Otherwise you can spend all sorts of time on something that you shouldn't. Like the person here that grew a literal weed from the lawn Instead of a cannabis plant. I mean if you don't know you gotta ask.
Hey man it's a little better than an actual weed. Maybe. But you completely contradicted yourself. That's what I'm here doing.. I don't have a real life person to ask. The only wasted money was on the soil. I knew it was a crap shoot in the beginning. It's not like I mortgaged my house for the plant or weed to grow. I lost an hour of work in what I invested.

cainjm

cainjm

To be completely honestly, I didn't even know someone who lived in a state its still illegal could buy seeds like any other item on the internet, when I planted that seed. So 😝😝

cainjm

cainjm

Ponky dude you're looking at the whole situation as if everyone who's ever bought seeds and did things your way succeeded. I'm sure there's a ton of people who followed all rules and fucked up somehow.

Ponky

Ponky

Ponky dude you're looking at the whole situation as if everyone who's ever bought seeds and did things your way succeeded. I'm sure there's a ton of people who followed all rules and fucked up somehow.

All that aside. The focus is achieving the goal of growing good weed consistently. Starts with failure. Unless you spent your life living in grown houses where someone else taught you how to grow its hard not to fuck things up. If you just want to see a plants life cycle it's a different goal than I want to smoke an ounce of the mad kill everyday. What do I do?

But the one truth. Good weed comes from plants that had everything going for them. 2 parents. A stable home. Love. And good genetics.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

All that aside. The focus is achieving the goal of growing good weed consistently. Starts with failure. Unless you spent your life living in grown houses where someone else taught you how to grow its hard not to fuck things up. If you just want to see a plants life cycle it's a different goal than I want to smoke an ounce of the mad kill everyday. What do I do?

But the one truth. Good weed comes from plants that had everything going for them. 2 parents. A stable home. Love. And good genetics.
The Ben Shapiro grow method 😂

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Also how tf do you do an Oscar a day. I would straight up die. I'm factoring getting a pound out of my tent which will straight up give me meds for at least 8 months 😂

Top Bottom