Inside of being a Female Farmer

• Thread starter Gandalfs Girl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

J.R. Tolkien writes about Bilbo quoting "the finest weed south farthing." Its their smoking scene in the first book. Then a my friend bought a piece that is a replica of the one they use in the movie. He called it Gandalf. He wrote a song about his piece and weed. Called the song Gandalf's Girl and i loved it. He has it on YouTube.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Interesting that you mentioned buddhism and nurturing. Seems appropriate to consider we are all part of a larger being- which makes each of us part of the other. Once one accepts this, it is much easier to empathize with the life around us. I am trying to empathize more with my plants but it's easier with my dog, because he talks back. :) The plants... not so much.

Before 'civilization' (don't get me started about the contradictions inherent in this term!), in most tribal societies men hunted, while women gathered. I think the sexist angle came long after these roles had settled because of the natural differences we each bring to these tasks...

neverbreak

neverbreak

great thread, really good to see female farmers on here.

growing is thoroughly rewarding and can even be monetarily beneficial if you so choose. personally i see nothing wrong with growing for money, we all need to make a living and if growing is your skill ya might as well make the most of it.

anyway i digress. ya seem like an interesting woman from what ya wrote. more power to ya.

happy growing!

neverbreak

Reactions: mal
Dunge

Dunge

Just a few things I have learned:
Vegetative propagation, or cuts are more accurate than the commonly misused term clone.
Cultivar is preferred over variety or strain.
Seamaiden is one of my most trusted sources of honest good hearted content.
Supersoil and microbial tea rock my world.

Please resist responding to provocative posts. Trolls win when recognized in any way.

I don't need to believe that your plant responds to your emotional attachment to believe that you benefit from the relationship.
When I bend to pick up a penny, the act of bending benefits me more than the cash.

I grow for my daughter who has MS.
This is what got me started, but with the help of the farm and availability of seeds, I have fallen for this plant more than I would have immagined.
And my relationship with my daughter ( just graduated Sunday w/ BS Biology) is transitioning nicely to the 'adult child' phase.

Welcome.

dirk d

dirk d

ya dont let all these horny guys get to you GG! men are mostly pigs. Dont let them talk down to you. no need to have people with negative energy around you. I cut all the negative people out of my life about 4 years ago and it has been the most relaxing drama free time in my life.

You still trying to learn how to clone?? Let us know what we can do to help you. and if you want to get sexual, i say go for it! lol jk not really though. couch's hurt my back. im more of a floor or bed guy myself. lol.

Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

Thanks to all of you. Its good to learn from people who know what they are talking about. I believe there are many methods and many ways to approach and view the natural process of growing. It mostly focuses on energy in my point of view and depending on the energy I decide to give, is the same way what ever I am tending to will respond. Whether the method is advanced or simple. Thanks for the correction Dunge. I'd love to get suggestions like I got from my friend Ken the caregiver.

K

kolah

American Indians believed that the womens mense cycle was very special aka sacred. She was not do much of anything during her period. Especially in regards to tending to work in the gardens. Many tribes acknowledged that all plants and animals were quite aware of a womens cycles and that it had a negative effect. This was not meant to be disgraceful or "dirty" or as an imperfection/limitation of the female. It just was.

This is even true for horses as most of them will easily sense (smell) when a women is mensing. Some horses will get downright pissy.

I believe that all plants (esp MJ) should be treated with a soothing voice and a gentle touch. These plants grow and give their lives for us. We should respect them and give them Love. IMO it makes a huge difference.

Anyways, welcome GG.

dirk d

dirk d

no problem kolah, there is a huge list of works to read from Dr. Masuro Emoto. Highly recommend taking some time and reading about his research.

vaporedout

vaporedout

i do all the posting and reading but my wife has a better grasp of this MJ stuff ;) shes a better trimmer, and has the ultimate say on when theyre ready to chop, ohhh and not to mention the sight of my wifey gardening around some flowering plants is the sexiest thing ive seen!!

DSC03192

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I am 24 and male. When I went to school gender and racial equality were very highly stressed. I still beleive that we are all equal no matter the color of our skin or the number of holes in our body. But as I grew older I could never figure out why everyone was so amazed when a woman would do something.

Man: "I am ranked in the top 1000 players on halo"
Everyone else: "GET a JOB!" "Well arent you proud of yourself." "You have no life!!!"

Woman: "Yeah I play halo."
Everyone else: "hurr thats so hot." "You go girl!" "Kickass!!!"

This is just the new misogyny in my opinion. A devilish hatred in disguise, as if everyone still thinks women cant do anything and they are suprized when they preform adequately... There should be no difference between "inside of being a female farmer" and inside of a male farmer. Are we not equals?

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

I am 24 and male. When I went to school gender and racial equality were very highly stressed. I still beleive that we are all equal no matter the color of our skin or the number of holes in our body. But as I grew older I could never figure out why everyone was so amazed when a woman would do something.
Man: "I am ranked in the top 1000 players on halo"
Everyone else: "GET a JOB!" "Well arent you proud of yourself." "You have no life!!!"

Woman: "Yeah I play halo."
Everyone else: "hurr thats so hot." "You go girl!" "Kickass!!!"

This is just the new misogyny in my opinion. A devilish hatred in disguise, as if everyone still thinks women cant do anything and they are suprized when they preform adequately... There should be no difference between "inside of being a female farmer" and inside of a male farmer. Are we not equals?

I don't even know where to quite begin because I don't consider myself quite the typical female. I've never had the desire to have children, and having the garden is the most nurturing I think I've ever been. Really, until this thread, I didn't think on differences between male & female farmers, just differences between farmers that are in tune to their gardens & ones that aren't. I don't believe we are thought of as equals, but I choose to live life outside of that belief. Outside of things that would require physical capabilities, I've never thought of not being able to do something based on my gender. I've been treated like a novelty act for being able to hold my own in Madden,:rolleyes: lol... I get what you mean about that kind of double-standard... I'm just ok & doubt my skills in Madden would ever be brought up if I were a guy. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by the new misogyny... I don't know if it's a hatred as much as a shortness of thought when it comes to the perception of women. Forgive me for my rambling or if I'm off base on anything. Great discussion. Be well.
Lady Goods

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Its misogyny is disguise, a fauxpas. The media trains women and men to over react when when women preform sub-par because "they are empowered" or whatever nonsense. Its a bad joke played out by the ruling class to keep women down and out. If I get outdone by a woman in any area, my male peers and to an EXTREME extent my female peers act as if I am supposed to be ashamed. Like I am inferior because I am lesser than a woman even. An advertizing corp cant say "So easy, a woman can do it!" so instead they show a woman with a swiffer cleaning things up in an instant and have a whole room of people cheer for her. I hope that makes a little more sense.

Top Bottom