Interested In Real Spores Without The "fluff"

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I believe met (at least met 52) is supposed to kill fungus gnats and possibly verticillium lecanii does the job too.

youd think met 52 would kill gnats - but I believe it was altimood (who really enjoys torturing little bugs) mentioned that the met 52 didnt work too well on gnats - something to do with having squishy bodies

would be an expensive course of action for gnats in any case

exciteR will knock the shit out of gnats if you want to go nuclear

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Im putting high doses of BTI in to the root pack and the foliar pack. I also will be putting the fixers/mobilizers in to the root pack if I can.

Permethrin also works on gnats, but it stinks.
I also have had pretty good success with azamax/azatrol as a drench.

L

lumpstatus

An interesting find...

" The pathogenic bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis (B.t.) Gnatrol ® can be used with some success to control fungus gnats. However, experience with fungus gnat control in the Mat-Su Valley has shown that control is not dramatic. This may be due to cool soil or water temperature inhibiting the pathogen growth or, as recently reported by farmers in the lower 48, insects are gaining resistance to B.t.

Better success has been reported in the control of both fungus gnats and shore flies with the myco-insecticides containing the insect pathogenic fungus Beauveria bassiana, (BotaniGaurd®, Naturalis O ®). The fungus invades the pest's body, stopping it from feeding. Both pathogenic products are applied through drench or irrigation systems to the soil or media affecting the larval development of the pest. Applications of fungicides to control plant diseases must not be combined with the myco-insecticides due to damage that will result to the beneficial fungus. 48 hours between use of the product and fungicide"

Your current foliar pack may just handle gnats as well ;-)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
word to that lump. I know for sure I had them bad, and since using the tea with all the benny packs, I havent seen any.

I treated a plant I picked up from GoD when I was dropping him off some for his RA's, which ended up being fungus gnats.

That plant was in soil and was infested, and now it has none three days later..

By the way he also traded me some of his new nutrient line. I must say, my plants have been really responding well after giving them his additives (roots, Fulvic, aminos, enzymes).

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

The Eagle Has Landed

Hi Cap
The collective received your package, we hooked up yesterday, I've got my cut of your gear in hand and can't wait to put it to work. Will report back w/ the news as it unfolds. A Big THANK YOU! from me and from my grower friends.

GG

F

FRANKIE1579

Hey Cap, have been reading your thread with alot of interest. I ordered 25 lbs of Met 52 recently but I have a pretty sizeable amount of girls in 5 gallons that I need to flip to flower, but I cannot add Met 52 without transplanting. Do you have any of the foliar packs available for root aphids? Would really appreciate it, can't send pm's myself. Thanks for your time and will definately post results. Have been fighting RA's for over 3 years and hoping there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I am currently out of larger orders. They should be here within a month. Sorry Frankie. If you still have the problem when I get it in, I will haev plenty for you and yoru RA's.

The Met52 should work for you if you have RA's and not gnats. Its pretty much the same thing. The foliar pack just has a few more things in there other than met.

Resinable

Resinable

Frankie: Although it sucks you might want to just get new cuts and start over with the Met and foliar packs mixed in or transplant your fives into larger containers and thoroughly break up the root ball so you can mix the MET in.

I transplanted plants with RAs from fives into ten gallon containers with medium inoculated with MET. I also watered with teas infused with Caps foliar pack and MET 52 but I neglected to break up the old root ball when transplanting. None of this worked I ended up killing everything and starting over. I still think Caps Foliar Pack and Met 52 will and can work but they take time and need to be thoroughly mixed in the medium preferably from the get go.

Also once the plants have been attacked by RAs their immune systems seem to be compromised and they have great difficulty returning to full strength. Unless you are well into flower it seems that it is usually best just to start over with fresh cuts imo.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Happy Holidays

Sounds like there is a "failure to communicate" here. Hope all is well for you all and you have a safe and enjoyable holiday season, take care and be well

mal

Danoid

Danoid

Don't matter to me after 3 years of fighting Root aphid these are the one thing that has made the difference in my grow. After so many stunted stalled grows when I treated with Imid, spectricide, and other nasty shit this has work for me. Will I but Met52 you bet thats why I am still working on my post count. Will I buy Caps bennies most definately I will use them with every run from here on out. Even though I don't have that much experience with bennies( I have used great white and roots organic) I have never seen this response in my plants and the pest fighting is a bonus. When I can get his new bennies I am going to do a run without eagle 20w which with luck will take all the nasty chemicals out of my room. Thanks Cap getting closer to the post count to PM you.

kobe and desert squirrel You shouldn't really knock them until you try them or are you two planning on getting into the bennies game since you have so much vast knowledge and these attacks are just a preemtive strike. Come up with a product and I would give it an honest try. Also the administrator can check mac addresses and Ip adderess so it is very unlikely that Caps running multiple accounts and the insinuation of this really in my eyes is childish at best and just a straw man argument. The administrator will see multiple IP address from me because of security and free wifi. All from the midwest

B

Buddy Hemphill

whats the diff in Caps bene's and Met52?

Is using both overkill?...perhaps is the better question

B

Buddy Hemphill

.LOL.....

I hope this is funny when I wake up...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffi76k8z1pw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

C

chongfish

i have root aphids, microscopic, light in color, no flyers....can you help me somehow? ive tried imidaclopprid 1.47%, acephate(not sure of percentage, from bonine) with no luck...been reading about nematodes, met 52, botaniguard etc....im growing in 6 inch rockwool cubes...infestation is getting worse and my plants are really stunted and suffering...please help

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

yawn. (at the post I just pasted over, that is.)

Yipee! High Tides & Dank, Green, Skanky Grass Ahead!:banana1sv6:

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Merry Christmas. Where does all the hate come from? Seems like the whole world is full of angry douche bags sometimes...

I ordered a small pack of each of the root, foliar and drench. Can confirm there is no packaging except plastic bag with the hand written "foliar" or "root" - who did he copy that packaging from?

I honestly dont know if this stuff works or not as i did not do any side by sides but i do know that i am a real person, not just an account controlled by Cap. Also that any claims at him copying other peoples packaging are just total bull shit. I dont know Cap at all, but when i see nasty attacks like the one from DS it makes me want to speak up.

[The foliar and root packs seems ok so far, although i am not thrilled with the pwoder like carrier material in the foliar pack.]

phenotyper

phenotyper

Put me down for a root and foliar pack! Potentially interested in the other mixes too.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Merry Christmas. Where does all the hate come from? Seems like the whole world is full of angry douche bags sometimes...

I ordered a small pack of each of the root, foliar and drench. Can confirm there is no packaging except plastic bag with the hand written "foliar" or "root" - who did he copy that packaging from?

I honestly dont know if this stuff works or not as i did not do any side by sides but i do know that i am a real person, not just an account controlled by Cap. Also that any claims at him copying other peoples packaging are just total bull shit. I dont know Cap at all, but when i see nasty attacks like the one from DS it makes me want to speak up.

[The foliar and root packs seems ok so far, although i am not thrilled with the pwoder like carrier material in the foliar pack.]

Yeah I hear you on the carrier. Thats how it is though. Its best to mix, then let it settle and take off the top, or strain...

When I can figure out how to improve it I will. Maybe I will even have it in liquid form at some point. The only thing about that is shelf life issues.

Thanks for the honest feedback JayBee.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i have root aphids, microscopic, light in color, no flyers....can you help me somehow? ive tried imidaclopprid 1.47%, acephate(not sure of percentage, from bonine) with no luck...been reading about nematodes, met 52, botaniguard etc....im growing in 6 inch rockwool cubes...infestation is getting worse and my plants are really stunted and suffering...please help

send me a message through ebay, since you don't have enough posts to PM me. I still have some for just this scenario. Ill ship it out to you asap.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Capulator is now an Approved Vendor on thcfarmer and this thread is reopened :)

Top Bottom