Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
lilnew

lilnew

The light is 43 inches X 44 inches......there is 5 inches space between the light and wall. So the total space the plants sit in is 48" X 49". And exactly the same on the other side.
i'd love to try out ur style but i'll be wayy over my plants count...lol

Anthem

Anthem

Bud weight is so hard to tell, it looks like a great harvest is coming but only time and cure will tell.

sshz

sshz

Every new pic I see myself drifting farther behind with with my low 72 guess ! Lmao I’m frikken droolin every time I visit if thread. I know you have said but how plants to one side again ?

Total is 24 plants so 12 plants to each side......it does seem like more, doesn't it?

sshz

sshz

And for those of you who don't believe there are two sides to the room, here's the other side............. difference is noticeable if you look closely. By the way, look at the front right plant, which is the one I felt looked more like a White Widow than anything else. The tops are more rounded and it's behind in flowering from the others.

IMG 0199

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I seen something today that was written by the jungle boys, this is just the jif of what they were saying so not my opinion, they said in smaller rooms, or lower ceiling, shorter more compacted plants , that kinds thing, LED's were great and the way to go , but for bigger more open rooms . higher ceiling and taller plants he said DE HPS hands down, He said they tried LEDs multiple brands including Gavitas He said they had to used more fixtures and in the end was using the same amount of watts or more, and in his opinion, the final product was as nice. but he seem clear smaller rooms plants etc LEDs were the way to go .

lilnew

lilnew

I seen something today that was written by the jungle boys, this is just the jif of what they were saying so not my opinion, they said in smaller rooms, or lower ceiling, shorter more compacted plants , that kinds thing, LED's were great and the way to go , but for bigger more open rooms . higher ceiling and taller plants he said DE HPS hands down, He said they tried LEDs multiple brands including Gavitas He said they had to used more fixtures and in the end was using the same amount of watts or more, and in his opinion, the final product was as nice. but he seem clear smaller rooms plants etc LEDs were the way to go .
but i think with the new technology in the led they can do well in large grow rooms too imo

sshz

sshz

I saw a bunch of their stuff last night.............. some of it was very impressive. They are really large scale.

sshz

sshz

yes....12 plants per 4 sq ft....i have total of 5600 sq ft in canopy space...lol...which equates to going over the plant limit...hahahaha

There are plenty of ways around the plant count. I've seen grows of 1 plant that almost looked my canopy on 1 side of the room. It would take a long veg time to get there, but it is doable.

lilnew

lilnew

There are plenty of ways around the plant count. I've seen grows of 1 plant that almost looked my canopy on 1 side of the room. It would take a long veg time to get there, but it is doable.
ya...i could easily grow 1 plant for a 4*4 space but like you said...the veg took forever...lol

Anthem

Anthem

I saw a bunch of their stuff last night.............. some of it was very impressive. They are really large scale.
JB is in my backyard. From what I have learned many of these types of growers are sponsored. As in use our stuff and we will give it to you free. Their latest seems to be Athena Nutrients. Before that they were big on Luxx. Luxx is a fairly new company from what I understand that started out with DE fixtures but I have seen their LED's in the hydro shop.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
but i think with the new technology in the led they can do well in large grow rooms too imo

Yea, I think with the higher ceilings you need higher powered diodes, IMO I think traditional lights in the way we think of them wouldn't be as "efficient" as taking some creative approaches. I've got some ideas for sure, how to make them. But I haven't seen anything on the current market.

My idea would be to bring the lights to the plants, build towers with lights on all sides, then disperse them, have plants all around them, that way the diodes are close to the plant all they way along the length of the plant, bottoms get just as much light as tops, and same distance.

like this, but with LED's and a tube, with fans on both ends You could build them to scale. Even put them on rollers, or hang them from above.

If you decide to build them, they must be called the "franken" light, LOL

UV Bacteria Killing Robot disinfection resize md
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, I think with the higher ceilings you need higher powered diodes, IMO I think traditional lights in the way we think of them wouldn't be as "efficient" as taking some creative approaches. I've got some ideas for sure, how to make them. But I haven't seen anything on the current market.

My idea would be to bring the lights to the plants, build towers with lights on all sides, then disperse them, have plants all around them.
Definitely less diodes with higher wattage each would make for better light when hung higher. But for efficacy reasons I prefer more diodes at a lower wattage. I think @sshz Info is correct. Height limited led. I think in most cases LED but in a grow with high ceilings it could go either way. 1 thing i can say is with led you should be able to make better use of the space... whether it means adding racking and a second tier or other.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Definitely less diodes with higher wattage each would make for better light when hung higher. But for efficacy reasons I prefer more diodes at a lower wattage. I think @sshz Info is correct. Height limited led. I think in most cases LED but in a grow with high ceilings it could go either way. 1 thing i can say is with led you should be able to make better use of the space... whether it means adding racking and a second tier or other.

Yea, I think 2-3 watts diodes are the most efficient at close range, but at farther ranges you'll want 10-20 watts, I suspect, better penetration. But efficiency suffers, so there's probably a sweet spot depending upon engineering specifications.

The Samsung LM301H is fired at 0.2 watts (what is considered 2 watts by Asian standards) My units are using what they consider a 10 watt double filament Epistar LM301C driven at 0.6 watts each, so more reach, power, but not quite the level of efficiency.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, I think 2-3 watts diodes are the most efficient at close range, but at farther ranges you'll want 10-20 watts, I suspect, better penetration. But efficiency suffers, so there's probably a sweet spot depending upon engineering specifications.

The Samsung LM301H is fired at 0.2 watts (what is considered 2 watts by Asian standards) My units are using what they consider a 10 watt double filament Epistar LM301C driven at 0.6 watts each, so more reach, power, but not quite the level of efficiency.
And when you add up all those diodes it does add up. Plus the cooling for the higher wattage diodes is a nightmare

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom