Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Only a couple days left for any of you who wish to take a final stab at the weight in the room.

I was reading a thread from a guy on Instagram that grows 60-70 lbs at a time inside and he said he averages 2 lbs. a light with the Gavita's, but the range is anywhere between 1 lb and 3 lbs, depending on what strain he's growing. But still, he averages 2 lbs. per light.
I’ll take a stab. Plants look stellar btw. I’ll say 77 zips. Or a little over 4 1/2lbs dried.
burnz

sshz

sshz

Grams per watt analysis...............for curiosity sake.

4 lbs. yield would be 1.39 grams per watt

4.25 lbs would be 1.47 grams per watt

4.5 lbs. would be 1.56 grams per watt

4.75 lbs. would be 1.65 grams per watt

5.00 lbs. would be 1.73 grams per watt

5.70 lbs. would be 1.97 grams per watt

It seems 1.5 grams per watt is about average, 2.0 grams per watt is the goal.

So about 72 oz would be an average yield.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Personally, I like to use a mix of strains when I make them, but it's not necessary. Indica's will lead to a serious body hit, heavy eyes and sleep. Using sativa's will initially lead to an heady and up buzz, but the body hit isn't far off. I warn everyone, just go slow initially til you know what to expect. I've had people freak on me, others just pass out. I wouldn't smoke if I'm doing them, as it just intensifies the high to outer- limit proportions. The first time or two you may mess up a little, but I promise after a time or two you'll get it down pat. The real key is to learn the proper finished consistency of the mix. If you over cook it, you won't get enough gummies and if you don't cook it long enough, the gummies will be weak and you'll need two. You can add a little more water if necessary if the mix gets too thick or cook it a bit longer at lower temps to cook it longer- everything is an approximation.

I think these kinds of approaches cannot be stressed enough, especially for those that have high tolerance to THC. My wife has a refractory intractible, or drug-resistant form of epilepsy, which makes her extremely tolerant of THC, and it's a really good way to hit her neurotransmitters when she's peaked her tolerance for a strain or two, mix them together, and BAM!

When I evaluate my strains, I always run them by my wife, she picks the real "winners" and when I started making RSO's and various edible concentrates, I've always used her as my "potency" detector.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It's always hard to tell by look until you've got a few identical grows under your belt with the same technique. For me, CMH lighting always produces much heavier thicker/denser product. LED produces a lighter, but "fuzzier" buds that have a different thrichome matrix, it can be just as highly developed, but overall it's not as stoney, whereas outdoor produces the most dense product. (hardeners aside). It's just always difficult to tell. My guess, is that if it's "good" it's going to be within 15-20% of your prior try.

Also, I think LED's tend to have more variation along the edges, but I suspect your specific light mitigates that to a great extent. I won't be surprised to see you well into the 70's but I think 80+ is unlikely, unless your seeing a huge difference over the last time.

sshz

sshz

This is my first LED grow, before that I only used HPS for the last 35 years or so. So, new strain, new lights and new room.

In my old room, I used two 1000 watt HPS for my many grows and I averaged slightly over 2 lbs a light. But sometimes the overall weight would be in the mid 50's oz and other times in the low 70's oz and anywhere in between. My all time high was 78-79 oz.

Basically at this point, I just want it to be over and done with so I have my final number and can plan how I want to proceed. And decide what changes I need to make, if any.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is my first LED grow, before that I only used HPS for the last 35 years or so. So, new strain, new lights and new room.

In my old room, I used two 1000 watt HPS for my many grows and I averaged slightly over 2 lbs a light. But sometimes the overall weight would be in the mid 50's oz and other times in the low 70's oz and anywhere in between. My all time high was 78-79 oz.

Basically at this point, I just want it to be over and done with so I have my final number and can plan how I want to proceed. And decide what changes I need to make, if any.
What's your total wattage in there now? I used to use one or two double ended HPS (1200 watt) that I used to use in the flowering room, I've been using the 4000 this time around (590 watts total), but I think I'm going to add in another 2 lights for late flower here once the hangers/hooks arrive. I've got 2 more lights that have pretty good flowering coverage (230w draw each) with RBW diodes. It's the Roleadro HYG05-200X10W-W series. That with the full spectrum IR/UV on my BestVA's should produce some decent results, I suspect.

I'm seriously considering an "array" with the UV/IR paired with the samsung LM301H diodes, as those appear to be the most efficient overall, and I think they might be around for awhile. I wouldn't mind putting up to around $1200 on a set, but I don't want to go over $1300 with taxes, that's my limit on any one light.

I'm probably getting 85-90% efficiency of those kind of lights, (on my current models) maybe more. But at $400 per set, I could buy 3 of them, and be cranking out over 2000 (real) LED watts. But heat becomes an issue again.

I really want a set with off board drivers, that can be placed in another room (to bring heat away from the lights). I need something that can come 12 or 15 feet off the lights, like my old 1200's w double ended HPS, that's the ultimate setup IMO.

With my 3000's, I'm putting out 900 actual LED wattage, and I'm covering 6x6, could be doing probably 7x7 footprint very nicely. I think with this type of lighting, adding in capacity "as needed" is idea. I've been at this LED game for about 10 years now, when people used to laugh at my setups. Dials and switches are the best way for most full range stuff out there IMO, because veg doesn't need all that red light whatsoever, but I run both bands in flowering. (including full spectrum whites). There's a lot of engineering into all this crap.

Last edited:
funkyfarms

funkyfarms

hi sshz read tons of pages on you throughout the interwebs u seem extremely knowledgeable. mostly found u because of hermies in my ethos packs
small scale grower just lurking 600w hps just for me and my fam. just sucks i dumped all my money into a few ethos packs running them right now hopefully I'm not screwed just spent 3+ hrs reading posts from 2017/2018 . seems like you have moved on and curious for any other breeder recommendations, peace

sshz

sshz

Frankster.......... each led draws 645 watts so 1290 watts total for the lights only. Unfortunately, the dehumidifier draws around 9 amps or so, so that alone is almost another 900 watts, and that’s not including fans.

For those who don’t know, Funkyfarms is correct. I grew Ethos stuff almost exclusively for over 2-3 years and there’s tons of my grows on RIU. I liked Ethos because they breed for yield, and most of their stuff produces really well. But their overall quality is hit or miss. Their Apex and Member Berry were very disappointing as they had a week buzz. There Zsweet Inzanity and Chem though were insanely good. The rest of their stuff was in-between somewhere. The owner of Ethos was arrested for animal abuse (dogs) and has done time for some serious gun offenses with a long rap sheet so I just stopped giving him my money. And let’s not forget about the hermies either.......

Funky........do you only want Fem’s, like me, or are you open to regular seeds too?

sshz

sshz

Lol........week= weak

Ethos Chem= Chem OG (not available anymore, nor is the Zsweet Inzanity)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I separate my layers with either wax or parchment paper, but they are placed in a tupperware tub for the fridge.
I found with the lecithin added they dont have that oiliness to them. They are actually pretty close to store bought texture. Its really made a big difference imo

sshz

sshz

Here's a pic I took today of one side of the room for another site.......... 13 more days to build weight and finish up. Things will slowly start to brown and curl as they finish- the pic's normally aren't as pretty as earlier when they were lush and deep green. I'm going to try and hold off cutting anything until day 70, as long as they remain healthy with no signs of degrading.

IMG 0198

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here's a pic I took today of one side of the room for another site.......... 13 more days to build weight and finish up. Things will slowly start to brown and curl as they finish- the pic's normally aren't as pretty as earlier when they were lush and deep green. I'm going to try and hold off cutting anything until day 70, as long as they remain healthy with no signs of degrading.

View attachment 1022726
Looking like they are stacking pretty hard and very dense... gonna be honest. It's not going to shock me if you hit 2g per watt... just saying

lilnew

lilnew

View attachment 1022726
4*4 space?

sshz

sshz

That's never going to happen.............I've spent a lot of recent time looking at other's LED grows- some with the Gavita's, others with all the competing brands out there. It's a rare occasion I was able to find anyone to hit the 2 gram/watt numbers. RARE! Most were/are well below that, with people happy just to hit 1.3. And they were super excited to hit 1.5. And some of the rooms were as equally impressive as mine (or almost).

It seems the top producers were able to manage their canopy the best...........and their cola size was quite a bit larger than anything in my room. With 13 days to go, things will continue to fill out, and I'm not discounting my grow in any way- I'm very happy where I'm at while rounding the final turn- it's just these high numbers just seem so far out of reach.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's never going to happen.............I've spent a lot of recent time looking at other's LED grows- some with the Gavita's, others with all the competing brands out there. It's a rare occasion I was able to find anyone to hit the 2 gram/watt numbers. RARE! Most were/are well below that, with people happy just to hit 1.3. And they were super excited to hit 1.5. And some of the rooms were as equally impressive as mine (or almost).

It seems the top producers were able to manage their canopy the best...........and their cola size was quite a bit larger than anything in my room. With 13 days to go, things will continue to fill out, and I'm not discounting my grow in any way- I'm very happy where I'm at while rounding the final turn- it's just these high numbers just seem so far out of reach.
Still won't be shocked... im still leaning about 82.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom