Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I did find a place 10 minutes from my home that refills the tanks.....problem solved. I'll check out the posted links, go from there and let you know. Thanks everyone for the input.

Anthem

Anthem

I did find a place 10 minutes from my home that refills the tanks.....problem solved. I'll check out the posted links, go from there and let you know. Thanks everyone for the input.
It would be interesting to do an test and grow both ways with and without CO2. So many things can make a difference it would probably be hard to get a true answer.
You would really need 2 twos with total control and the exact same plant

sshz

sshz

As discussed previously, although I have the space to do it- I don’t have the luxury to play around with it all. For the small investment, I’ll probably just buy the tank and regulator. This will then let me keep the door closed on a full time basis, which was my desire initially anyway. I thought the lower heat would allow me to do that anyway, but that’s not the case as they still throw off quite a bit.

For those using co2, what size tanks to you use?

sshz

sshz

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought a 20 lb kit with regulator......... after thinking about it- it's crazy not to. It will increase overall weight and enable me to keep the door closed to the room for a $250 investment, not including monthly refills. Thanks everyone for the input.

sshz

sshz

Just a quick pic today at day 18 in veg to show overall plant health...........

IMG 0101

sshz

sshz

Day 20 today after a thorough watering. Tomorrow I'll go thru each plant and top/pinch each branch where I'm able. The Co2 tank and regulator should be here by the end of the week. I'll probably just start using it when flowering begins. Everything I've read basically stated it most important the 1st three weeks of flowering. One place said refresh every 2 hours, the next place said refresh every 3 hours. I also see different Co2 calculator's which seem about the same.

A question, for those using Co2- what is your ideal number to reach ppm. I'm assuming since the air carries around 400 ppm already, I should be adding between 1000-1100 more ideally (it would be almost 6 minutes "on" for the regulator)...........

IMG 1787

sshz

sshz

Does that include 400 in the air already or not???? If so, I should try for 1000-1100 additional?

sshz

sshz

I'm also seeing a slight bit of leaf krinkling (as opposed to tacoing which is a more severe deficiency)- letting me know I should up the Cal/Mag a bit. I use an R.O. device, which basically strips out all the Cal/Mag forcing me to add more than in normal situations. Most growers can get by adding 5 ml per gallon, I typically add 10 ml. For this grow, I've been at 6.5-7 ml per gallon but I'll be bumping it up to 9-10 ml moving forward.

sshz

sshz

So, without a Co2 monitor, it's going to be tough to have an accurate reading of the ppm level. But, I don't want to spend the $350+ for a decent controller just now. As I continue researching, it appears a normal rate for outside Co2 is 400 ppm, but INDOORS, it can be between 500-800 ppm. Can anyone confirm that???? I've read that at two different places.........

That's a big difference..........

Anthem

Anthem

Does that include 400 in the air already or not???? If so, I should try for 1000-1100 additional?
Unfortunately I use a controller and it is preset to go on at 1450 PPM and goes off at 1550. This includes ambient CO2 so these are totals

sshz

sshz

I clipped the main stalk tonight on each plant. This will help the plants spread out more and hopefully help prevent the plants from getting too tall. Today is day 21 in veg, I'll probably wait 10 more days before flowering, depending on how they are doing........

sshz

sshz

Next up is another product I like, called Dr. Zymes "Eliminator".....it's citrus based, and very similar to the Flying Skull "Nuke 'Em". It's an insecticide, that will kill mites and many other soft body bugs. Broad and Russet mites can hang and live in the dirt, not only on plants which most people don't know. If you are treating for mites, you need to flush you pots too. Although I have no issues, I will flush with 1 1/2 cups Eliminator in 5 gallons of fresh water (pH to 6-7 and use warm water) and put in 2 cups per plant. Then 15 minutes later, I water as I would normally to allow the mix to work it's way down the pots. Then some tangle foot around the base of the main stem and I should be good to go thru flowering.
Oh yeah, 100% organic too.

IMG 0102

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

And lastly, my co2 tank and regulator arrived today. The tank has a big marijuana leaf stenciled on it with the company's website, and products they sell like grow lights, grow fertilizer, etc. There is no way I can go get this tank filled, as I'm well known in my area as I've run numerous businesses locally and my wife is a county worker. So, this stuff is going back to the company and I'm going to start over thinking it all out again..........some friends are recommending the XL Xhale grow bags, I'm watching Youtube videos of them to get some idea how effective they are.

Anthem

Anthem

And lastly, my co2 tank and regulator arrived today. The tank has a big marijuana leaf stenciled on it with the company's website, and products they sell like grow lights, grow fertilizer, etc. There is no way I can go get this tank filled, as I'm well known in my area as I've run numerous businesses locally and my wife is a county worker. So, this stuff is going back to the company and I'm going to start over thinking it all out again..........some friends are recommending the XL Xhale grow bags, I'm watching Youtube videos of them to get some idea how effective they are.
Yes that would be a problem. You might try a local welding supply or the local company that fills tanks.

sshz

sshz

I did find the local place to fill them but the next closest welding shop is a few towns over. Im in a very rural area, mostly farm land, and I sure don't feel like driving around dealing with it and figuring it all out. The company I bought it from understood completely (they are located in a legal state) and issued a return label right away.

The Exhale bags are interesting, I've watched 5-6 videos of them in action. The largest ones cost about $60 each and last for 6 months. It will cover a 6 X 6 X 7 area. One of the videos showed the guys room at around 1100-1200 ppm- if I buy 2 of them, it should cover the space. Not ideal mind you, but a lot cheaper and easier to deal with as no timers, no tank refills, etc. Most people I've read spend about $40-$45 for a refill and are usually doing it every 2 weeks or so.

Some people put the bags in the furthest corner on the floor and run their exhaust so it pulls the CO2 from the ground up past the plants to the exhaust. Other's just hang them above the plants and let the CO2 fall with fans blowing it around the room. I need to keep researching them.

Anthem

Anthem

I did find the local place to fill them but the next closest welding shop is a few towns over. Im in a very rural area, mostly farm land, and I sure don't feel like driving around dealing with it and figuring it all out. The company I bought it from understood completely (they are located in a legal state) and issued a return label right away.

The Exhale bags are interesting, I've watched 5-6 videos of them in action. The largest ones cost about $60 each and last for 6 months. It will cover a 6 X 6 X 7 area. One of the videos showed the guys room at around 1100-1200 ppm- if I buy 2 of them, it should cover the space. Not ideal mind you, but a lot cheaper and easier to deal with as no timers, no tank refills, etc. Most people I've read spend about $40-$45 for a refill and are usually doing it every 2 weeks or so.

Some people put the bags in the furthest corner on the floor and run their exhaust so it pulls the CO2 from the ground up past the plants to the exhaust. Other's just hang them above the plants and let the CO2 fall with fans blowing it around the room. I need to keep researching them.
CO2 is heavier than the air so it will drop. I use tubing with holes in it every 6" so it showers down on the plants.

sshz

sshz

Yup, but with the bags there’s no way to attach tubing as it just flows out the side of the bag. I was just describing how people use the bags......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom