Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

So I spend a few hours tonight, reading about the Exhale bags and then reviews on numerous sites that sell them. Bottom line, some people love them, others hate them. I pulled the trigger tonight and bought 2 of the largest size for about $120 delivered. They are supposed to last for 6 months........

It appears the process the bags use to create the co2 is growing a mycelium cake, similar to how you would fruit psilocybin mushrooms. The bags are dated, and you should start using them right away when delivered before the cake gets used up and stops producing. Those who have grown shrooms know what I'm talking about.

I think the complaints are about 3 things.....

1. Many people buy too small a size for their room, trying to save money. Each bag covers a certain size room, you should actually be buying a size up to ensure a high enough level to produce results.
2. People run their exhaust to remove heat, and they end up removing all the CO2 too. The levels slowly builds up, run your exhaust as little as possible. And use fans to blow it around the room, but especially down low.
2. Some of the bags come already used up. Some retailers will sell them, no matter what shape they are in. I'm not going to explain it all, it's not worth the time. But I do see some complaints about it.

Anyhow, many people stated they definitely notice a difference using them vs. not. Quite a few people LOVE them. I'll try anything once......

Download

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah id have to agree with #2 ..dont think many can avoid that in the heat of summer.winter would work a little better..ive been thinking of using this gear once im up and running.i spose a little co2 is better than nothing..
Screenshot 20200620 032438

sshz

sshz

Today is day 25 in flowering...........and below are pic's of both sides of the room. This strain is well known to grow quickly, both in veg and flowering. After finding some grows of it on CannaBuzz (I think)- it appears those growers are defoliating often, every couple of weeks, on these. You can see the leaves also get quite large, blocking everything below. I'm thinking adding co2 at this point would have created even more issues, as they are plenty large at this point for the space provided. I did give them a thorough flushing with the Dr. Zymes Eliminator two night ago, and then watered at 700 ppm with a high dose of Cal/Mag and my Pure Blend Pro veg fertilizer. I also applied the tangle foot on the base of the main stalks on each of them..........sticky, messy shit for sure.

More research has shown the limited nature of the Exhale grow bags, as I expect the co2 ppm only to reach around 900 ppm tops and probably no higher. That's not terrible, but not ideal. It will allow a higher room temperature and should improve the growth some. I'll revisit it all again down the road when the bags stop producing. They should be here next week I'm guessing.

So, a defolition over of the weekend and flowering in 7-10 days I'm guessing...........

IMG 0104
IMG 0105

sshz

sshz

Went thru each plant today and did a very quick defoliation, removing the 4 largest sun leaves on each plant.............room looks a lot different now. I don't want to shock the plants while removing too much too soon, but I'll continue doing the same thing every couple of days thru early flowering......

Madmax

Madmax

Hi mate..with those exhale bags .i know you hang them above your plants but im interested to know if it shades plant(s) any or do you move it about aswell or the fans take care of that.how big are the bags sshz..

Cheers.

sshz

sshz

You can see numerous videos on youtube about how people use them.......they weight about 9 lbs each new, and gain weight as they develop. Where you place them is a function of where your fresh air enters the room, where you exhaust it out and where you place your fans. Each room is different so there's no right or wrong answer. My fresh air enters at the center of the room in the front. My room exhausts out the center to the back. I have a floor fan and a pedastal fan, both blowing strongly. My plan when the bags arrive is to place the bags higher than the plants tops, but in the far front corner of each side of the room. This way the exhaust will pull the co2 over the plants to the back of the room. I will raise them as need be, but make sure they are always above the plants tops. Most people who use them estimate a 20-25% increase in yield, time will tell I guess. I should also say that if your fans are strong enough, that alone will probably blow the co2 around enough to disperse it well.

Bottom line is though, you can't exhaust you air 100% of the time or it will just pull the co2 out. I plan on running my room fans continually, then just exhaust the last 1/2 hour in every 2 hour period. They co2 is still dispersed at night, so you will have a high concentration which you switch the room on- a good opportunity to maximize the high co2 concentration early in the day.

By the way, I think the bags are about 9 inches across, maybe 6 inches high. You don't want the bag blocking light for sure, but the closer to the plants, the better. Each room is different as I said- watch some of the videos, they were very helpful is bag placement.

sshz

sshz

I wanted to mention............some people put these bags on the floor, and have their exhaust going out up high- that way the exhaust pulls the co2 up and thru the plants and then out. Again, if you have a good, sealed room and plenty of air movement- just place the bags as far away from the exhaust as possible- and you should be fine no matter where they are placed.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Today is day 25 in flowering...........and below are pic's of both sides of the room. This strain is well known to grow quickly, both in veg and flowering. After finding some grows of it on CannaBuzz (I think)- it appears those growers are defoliating often, every couple of weeks, on these. You can see the leaves also get quite large, blocking everything below. I'm thinking adding co2 at this point would have created even more issues, as they are plenty large at this point for the space provided. I did give them a thorough flushing with the Dr. Zymes Eliminator two night ago, and then watered at 700 ppm with a high dose of Cal/Mag and my Pure Blend Pro veg fertilizer. I also applied the tangle foot on the base of the main stalks on each of them..........sticky, messy shit for sure.

More research has shown the limited nature of the Exhale grow bags, as I expect the co2 ppm only to reach around 900 ppm tops and probably no higher. That's not terrible, but not ideal. It will allow a higher room temperature and should improve the growth some. I'll revisit it all again down the road when the bags stop producing. They should be here next week I'm guessing.

So, a defolition over of the weekend and flowering in 7-10 days I'm guessing...........

View attachment 991904View attachment 991905

Sexy

sshz

sshz

Today I did another small defoliation, after doing quite a bit of reading about it (in addition to Rasta Jeff's podcast about it).......outdoors, defoliation is not necessary, as the sun moves across the sky- it hits all the angles of a plant and is plenty strong in all regards. Indoors, it's a complete different story as most of us have stationary lighting and indoor lighting cannot compare to the sun.

And with that, only defoliate healthy plants. If the plants are being stressed (by bugs, pH issues, etc.)- defoliating will only make issues worse. Sun leaves seem to be the likeliest candidates, as they block a lot of light to other leaves and lower buds. So, the easiest thing to do is slowly remove the largest sun leaves late in veg and early in flowering. Many experienced defoliators recommend doing it right before flowering and then again around week 3 in flowering.

A good lollipopping is also recommended the end of week 1 in flowering. This is basically a defoliation, but you are removing EVERYTHING on the lower 1/3 of the plant, which I normally do anyway every crop.

I feel comfortable doing this with the Orange Gasm, because it's such a heavy yielder anyway. Most strains do react posiitively to this process, and I promise after a crop or two of doing it, you'll start doing it nearly every crop. Your buds will be bigger, there will be fewer small pop corn buds and there will be less trimming necessary in the end.

I'm going to switch to flowering in just a few days, as today in day 28 in veg and I'm concerned these will get too large. One more defoliation in a day or two- maybe another 4-6 sun leaves per plant- and then again in week 3.

Otherwise, plants looks great, very healthy and growing nicely. The co2 bags still haven't arrived, but I'll report back when they do with some pics.

sshz

sshz

So, I'll probably start flowering in the next day or two. Over the last 6 days, I went into the room and slowly defoliated 3X- and pulled enough leaf material to 3/4 fill a white tall kitchen trash bag. In the end, I have a very even canopy's on both sides, which was the ultimate goal. I'll defoliate in week 3 of flowering one more time.............

IMG 0106

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So, I'll probably start flowering in the next day or two. Over the last 6 days, I went into the room and slowly defoliated 3X- and pulled enough leaf material to 3/4 fill a white tall kitchen trash bag. In the end, I have a very even canopy's on both sides, which was the ultimate goal. I'll defoliate in week 3 of flowering one more time.............

View attachment 994205

Plants look great! I will have to read back and catch up on this grow. Sorry i have been missing it.

sshz

sshz

Quick update on a few things....... I'm going to start flowering on Friday. I'll lower the lights to 18" above the canopy and watch them closely. Gavita recommends 18 inches. After 2 weeks, if they look good- I'll lower them to 12-15 inches when budding begins in earnest. Under HPS, I'd be at around 900 ppm ferts, under these lights I'm at 600-650 ppm. I haven't pushed them yet, and am not seeing any burnt tips so they could probably use a bit more. Remember that the podcast said they are N whores early in flowering and it's important to over feed them at this point. so 2 more weeks of veg ferts (and I'll up the ppm), then a 50/50 veg/bloom mix til week 6, then 2 weeks of straight bloom until a 10 day flush happens. pH is maintained at 6.3 with each watering (every 2-3 days now as they get bigger).

I have spent a lot of time with this grow, more than any in recent memory. New room, new lights, new strain, new techniques, etc......... I love the lights, they are really quality. If they yield well, they will have exceeded my expectations in every way. The trunk of every plant is twice what it would be under HPS- I find that interesting. It's obviously the extra white light (vs. HPS) impacts that area of the plant.

I'll probably give them a Dr. Zymes shower over the weekend as a preventative. On to flowering..................

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Hey SSHZ curious to your thought on what product you like better, PureCrop1 , flying skull or Dr.Zymes

sshz

sshz

So the Nuke 'Em and Dr. Zymes are essentially the exact same product. Both are produced by a fermentation process and they are citrus based. Purecrop1 is highly refined corn and soybean oils. Both products work by smothering the insects/mites.

The only real difference in the citrus based products are the application rates, Dr. Zymes recommends a higher (stronger) concentration.

If I was to recommend one, you'd first have to consider the pricing of each- all are on the expensive side. If you twisted my arm- I'd say the Purecrop1 is the best of the 3. I've used it on and off for a few years, and my plants always react positively to a treatment. They just love it. The company that distributes it sent me a sample bottle a few years ago- and I've used it ever since.

sshz

sshz

I wanted to go just a bit deeper with the Pure Crop1...this is off their website.

Although it’s active ingredients are corn and soybean oil, PureCrop1 is not oil; it’s a clever rearrangement of the colloidal micelle and their electrical charge. The micelle measures between 1-4 nanometers and does all the work. When it comes to sap-sucking pests, unlike oils that act as a suffocant, the micelle is attracted to the bacteria in their gut. It will go through the cellular wall of the insect and disrupt the enzymes in their gut. Therefore, PureCrop1 does not harm beneficial insects, simply because they have different bacteria in their gut that our micelle is not attracted to. When it comes to mold and mildew, the same cell type in the sap-sucking insects is also in the mold and mildew. PureCrop1 sterilized mold and mildew spores, which are then washed off the plant as a biodegradable soap.

Due to this size and electrical properties, PureCrop1 is a natural surfactant, carrier of nutrients and increases sugar levels. Additionally, due to the micelle’s ability to biodegrade, when applied as a foliar spray or root drench, it leaves no residue behind and tests clean parts per billion.

• Use PureCrop1 on all stages of growth — even up to the day of harvest.
  • Protective gear is not required, and with zero REI, drift is not an issue.
  • PureCrop1 is FIFRA 25(b) exempt, so no reporting is required when using this product.
Whether as a preventative treatment or knockdown assault, the list of PureCrop1 benefits proves long.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Thanks man appreciate it, after looking I think PureCrop1 is the only one out of the 3 I can get up here anyhow, I very very rarely ever use anything, I never usually have an issues of any kind, but its been really humid and stuff, and I notice one plant in a vegetable garden outside has a little PM on it, and a few bug around so I'm going to try it on that, and then in case if I need it for anything else i'll have it on hand .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom