Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I guess what I was referring to was- if I want taller plants, then I'll leave the LED's at 36 inches above the canopy for the 1st three weeks of flowering. If i want them shorter, I'll lower it to 16-18 inches like I did this current grow.

sshz

sshz

I grew a skywalker kush before and it was a good yielder, great bag appeal but the smell was never ending. I had it in a double freezer bag and it still made my freezer stink for a week after I took it out and that was only an ounce that I had in there.

I think most of DNA's kushes start with The OG #13..........and that's where most of these strong odors are coming from. I used to be on DNA kick, not sure why I moved on to be honest.

sshz

sshz

Yeah, I've read that from a lot of people about bubba. Interesting on the varieties of kush...I'm sure I will make my way through a few with time.

What I find most interesting is when i started growing in the late 80's, all the kushes were indicas or mostly indica. Today, most of the kushes have a lot of sativa in them now and it's a totally different game. I'm not complaining, but it's a 360 degree turn around.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
OG Kush ain't a kush. I think that's why. Josh D talked about it on a leafly podcast
c. https://www.leafly.com/news/podcast...u-smoking-ep-12-josh-d-the-real-og-kush-story
What is it? I’m growing OG Kush fems from Humboldt seed company and so far they are everything the breeder makes them out to be.

scroll down for video on website. All my plants are almost identical height, growth, and vigor.

sshz

sshz

By the way, I did inquire with Gavita LED about lense angles, and here’s there response:

Dear Bart,

thank you for contacting Gavita.

We appreciate your interest in Gavita. Unfortunately we do not have this information available.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Best regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Roy Voordouw

sshz

sshz

Roy knows me, as I've sent in numerous requests in the past and have had various discussions with him. I'm very surprised he didn't know more, or wouldn't inquire to gather the info. But remember, Gavita DOES NOT MAKE THESE LIGHTS. Check back earlier in this thread as we discussed this previously. They are made in Mexico for Gavita, but in name only. Another words, Gavita lends their name to the lights, and that's about it. Even if you have a warranty issue, Gavita points you to the manufacturer for repair issues.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What is it? I’m growing OG Kush fems from Humboldt seed company and so far they are everything the breeder makes them out to be.

scroll down for video on website. All my plants are almost identical height, growth, and vigor.
Kush typically refers to Afghan area indicas iirc. OG Kush came from Gainesville, Florida. Those guys called it Kush, so Josh did. You can hear more from the pod I linked but Josh is one of the guys who made OG Kush huge up and down the West Coast.

sshz

sshz

OG Kush ain't a kush. I think that's why. Josh D talked about it on a leafly podcast
c. https://www.leafly.com/news/podcast...u-smoking-ep-12-josh-d-the-real-og-kush-story

There's 20 different stories about the origination of "kush" and who knows what to believe anymore........There's only a few people in the industry I would trust with words out of their mouth and I'm not sure Josh is one of them. We'll never real know the true story but each of us can believe what we want.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
There's 20 different stories about the origination of "kush" and who knows what to believe anymore........There's only a few people in the industry I would trust with words out of their mouth and I'm not sure Josh is one of them. We'll never real know the true story but each of us can believe what we want.
I'm just saying that here he acknowledges the weirdness of the name. Fwiw.

sshz

sshz

Some pic's of things finishing up.......all from different plants. 10 days to go for most of these.

IMG 0204
IMG 0205
IMG 0206
IMG 0207

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

We haven’t touched on this at all but the Orange Gasm appears to be very stable as I haven’t found 1 male part anywhere and I look daily, considering we’re getting close to the end. Sativa’s can sometimes be troublesome with hermies but it appears Irie Seeds did a nice job with this one........

But, we still have no idea about the quality of the buzz, and will be a long lasting high?

Cracken

Cracken

from what I have heardin the past was OG kush was from california and the OG means OCEAN GROWN. as for kush the name , the indica strain comes from a range of mountains in Afghanistan called the the kush mountains.
Hindu Kush
Mountain range in Asia

4.31,601 Google reviews

Description
Description

The Hindu Kush is an 800-kilometre-long mountain range that stretches through Afghanistan, from its centre to Northern Pakistan and into Tajikistan. The range forms the western section of the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region and is the westernmost extension of the Pamir Mountains, the Karakoram and the Himalayas. Wikipedia

sshz

sshz

That's 1 of many descriptions for the "OG" in Kush................ other possible answer are:

1. "Original Gangsta" or Original Gangster

2. "Overgrown.com", a popular website from the past

3. "OG" means the original and authentic version of the strain

4. And of course "Ocean Grown" because it was grown near the water.

Do a search and all these will show up. Lots of theories, but no one knows for sure.................

Cracken

Cracken

That's 1 of many descriptions for the "OG" in Kush................ other possible answer are:

1. "Original Gangsta" or Original Gangster

2. "Overgrown.com", a popular website from the past

3. "OG" means the original and authentic version of the strain

4. And of course "Ocean Grown" because it was grown near the water.

Do a search and all these will show up. Lots of theories, but no one knows for sure.................
oh, please don't think I am disputing in anyway. I was just saying what I have heard over the years. I fully agree, there is far too many stories of where og comes from, along with all the other debated names out there. I guess when you get a group of people all stoned the memories get a little fuzzy lol

sshz

sshz

Here's the final picks for the contest............ it will be a few weeks before the final tally is ready, but I can assure you it's going to be interesting ride til then. GL everyone.

JohnnyRockets 60
SSHZ 66
Frankster 67
BadBud3 69
MadMax 70
Moshmen 72
MIMedGrown 73
Taurid 74
Dr.Green55 75
ChRonic73 76
BurnzYzBudZz 77
Milson 78