Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Hunting thru some threads on another site and came across this pic of mine, a strain I completely forgot about that I did in early 2018- Oni Seeds "Papaya Punch".......but I don't remember a single thing about it. LOL This was day 54, it was in a thread about PureCrop1.

IMG 0069

sshz

sshz

I went to do a PureCrop1 spray tonight and instead ended up doing another defoliation on the side of the room I left extra material on last time. That was on Friday, 2 days later it was a jungle. I can't tell if it's the lights, the strain, the heavy Nitrogen feeding or a combo of them all- but the growth continues to astound me. And I just saw the very beginnings of some buds, so day 10 and flowers are officially starting. Only 60 days to go. I'll take some pic's after they recover a bit.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I started a couple of my orange gasm sees, they are growing like champs, glad to see how good your grow is doing.

sshz

sshz

As I’ve spoken about, I’m still concerned about the actual buzz of the strain. In the 45 minute podcast, Rasta Jeff’s only mention of the buzz once stating it’s a day time strain, which basically means it’s a sativa and probably not overly potent. Both parents are though, so the thc level should be up there. If there’s no orange or citrus in the end, I’ll consider the grow a failure, no matter the yield.

sshz

sshz

I'm thinking the high Nitrogen levels is contributing to the leafy rebound......on Thursday, at 2 weeks in flowering- I'll switch to 50/50 mix of veg/bloom fertilizer thru week 6. Around week 5 or 6 I'll also raise the pH to 6.4, which will also slow the N uptake (the higher the pH goes, the less N is absorbed). I am also seeing the beginning of a slight stretch so I'll probably add my plant support netting in the coming days. Rasta Jeff said make sure you add extra support for this strain as it gets very chunky and you'll need to support the room or you'll be in trouble later on.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm thinking the high Nitrogen levels is contributing to the leafy rebound......on Thursday, at 2 weeks in flowering- I'll switch to 50/50 mix of veg/bloom fertilizer thru week 6. Around week 5 or 6 I'll also raise the pH to 6.4, which will also slow the N uptake (the higher the pH goes, the less N is absorbed). I am also seeing the beginning of a slight stretch so I'll probably add my plant support netting in the coming days. Rasta Jeff said make sure you add extra support for this strain as it gets very chunky and you'll need to support the room or you'll be in trouble later on.
Are you counting flowering as when you started 12/12?

sshz

sshz

Per the breeder. the Golden Goat leaners should be finished by 70 days from the switch and the Platinum Tangie leaners should be done between 60-63 days from the switch. But with that, he said you could leave them all to 70 days and you'd be fine too.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Cool, I'm just trying to manage my own transition away from nitrogen and to bloom. First time grower here and obviously you've done this before. Thank you for your answer. The lights look dreamy.

sshz

sshz

One of the biggest mistake new growers make is doing a complete switch from veg to bloom with the onset of flowering. This usually leads to plant yellowing around weeks 4-6 as the plants have depleted their stored N and aren't receiving enough N to stay green. This strain in particular needs a lot of nitrogen early in flowering per the breeder. This fertilizing routine is the same I always do and it works just fine. After week 6 I switch to all bloom for a few weeks until the flush the last 10 days or so. I want my plants healthy thru the whole grow, no yellowing with deficiencies to maximize thc production.

sshz

sshz

So I did one last PureCrop1 spraying last night and was ready to put up a support netting this morning.......only issue is though, if I put up the netting, I won’t be able to pull plants out for another defoliation in week 3, which Rasta Jeff said would be necessary. So I’m holding off, as I can net everything later on. I am also thinking of putting the Exhale bags on the floor now, as the exhaust fan will pull the co2 up thru the canopies towards the exhaust. Day 12 in flowering today.

sshz

sshz

Budding has officially begun............ and check out all the leaves again. This is ridiculous. I'll have to defoliate ONE MORE TIME in the 3rd week, which is supposed to be the heaviest defoliation of them all. LOL

IMG 0136

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Budding has officially begun............ and check out all the leaves again. This is ridiculous. I'll have to defoliate ONE MORE TIME in the 3rd week, which is supposed to be the heaviest defoliation of them all. LOL

View attachment 1000885
So how much further do you let them go before the final defoliation?

sshz

sshz

Yes, day 13 in flowering. The other side of the room appears to be a day or two ahead of the left side, where the pic was taken. So the plan right now is to switch to a 50/50 veg/bloom fertilizer schedule starting tomorrow to reduce the nitrogen levels a bit and increase the P and K. I'll defoliate maybe next Tues or Wed, so that would be day 19 or 20 in flowering.

I spent $400 for am A/C/Dehumidifier/Fan unit by Honeywell, and guess what? It's going back tomorrow. Even though it's built for a much bigger room- the dehumidifier function barely worked and didn't lower the humidity at all basically. The A/C worked great, it actually made the room too cold and kept shutting off when the small reservoir would fill up. An Amazon piece of crap basically. Either way, the humidity remains in the mid 70's so I think I'll just get a dedicated humidifier that's capable of removing plenty of water and not worry about the temps as I can regulate that numerous other ways.

The other thing to mention is there has been barely any elongation with the strain.......maybe 8-10 inches stretch max. They may still stretch a bit more, but nothing like I expected for a mostly sativa strain. I'm not sure if it's all the white light from the LED's or all the defoliation, but it's my shortest crop in many years. LOL Go figure?!?!

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Yes, day 13 in flowering. The other side of the room appears to be a day or two ahead of the left side, where the pic was taken. So the plan right now is to switch to a 50/50 veg/bloom fertilizer schedule starting tomorrow to reduce the nitrogen levels a bit and increase the P and K. I'll defoliate maybe next Tues or Wed, so that would be day 19 or 20 in flowering.

I spent $400 for am A/C/Dehumidifier/Fan unit by Honeywell, and guess what? It's going back tomorrow. Even though it's built for a much bigger room- the dehumidifier function barely worked and didn't lower the humidity at all basically. The A/C worked great, it actually made the room too cold and kept shutting off when the small reservoir would fill up. An Amazon piece of crap basically. Either way, the humidity remains in the mid 70's so I think I'll just get a dedicated humidifier that's capable of removing plenty of water and not worry about the temps as I can regulate that numerous other ways.

The other thing to mention is there has been barely any elongation with the strain.......maybe 8-10 inches stretch max. They may still stretch a bit more, but nothing like I expected for a mostly sativa strain. I'm not sure if it's all the white light from the LED's or all the defoliation, but it's my shortest crop in many years. LOL Go figure?!?!

Thanks, I'm curious to see if there is much difference in stretch , flower etc between your LED's and HPS DE's, I run my nutes a bit different and i'm sure there is other variables but be neat to see.

sshz

sshz

If these were under HPS, I'm guessing they'd end up between 5 and 6 ft tall with a center stem pinch a week before flowering.......... Both parents are tall strains, especially the Golden Goat. I've only change 3 things from my normal grow routine- 1) defoliation, 2) using LED's and 3) 30% fertilizer reduction. It's either #1 or #2. It's also interesting that there are supposed to be like 5 different pheno's and I don't see much variation in the plants. LOL I'm starting to wonder if I got a different strain all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom