Irietimes Bare Bones Grows

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

I wasn't suggesting it was a secret or new, only inquiring.

A larger clone would assumabley yield more.
So far I'm going from seed. I start the new seeds about a month before I harvest in a little room under Cfls. They veg for a month then move under the leds and veg another two weeks or so, then flip to 12/12. This is my first go at this method and so far I'm stoked. Hardly any time between flowering.

Irietime

Irietime

Day 5 flower: the plants are really starting to stretch out now, but there's quite a few lower branches that I'm afraid are going to get snuffed out by the uppers. I don't want to end up cutting off main branches because they didn't make it to the net in time. So I'm thinking I'm going to untuck all the branches I've tucked so far ( which isn't that many) and raise all the pots up on some wood or something to elevate , then re-tuck the taller branches leaving the lower branches right about net level. I would hate to loose killer side branches. Any who, that's the plan, I'll post some picks after I do this. Peace
IMG 4447

incogneato

incogneato

Day 5 flower: the plants are really starting to stretch out now, but there's quite a few lower branches that I'm afraid are going to get snuffed out by the uppers. I don't want to end up cutting off main branches because they didn't make it to the net in time. So I'm thinking I'm going to untuck all the branches I've tucked so far ( which isn't that many) and raise all the pots up on some wood or something to elevate , then re-tuck the taller branches leaving the lower branches right about net level. I would hate to loose killer side branches. Any who, that's the plan, I'll post some picks after I do this. PeaceView attachment 682440
At least you realized it while you could still take action. That's gonna be a FULL net!

Irietime

Irietime

Do you have a trick for watering the ones in the back? Or is it accessible enough with the space you have between them?

My only concern about a net in my 5x5 is watering the back rows once the net fills up.
Watering isn't so bad in my room it's only 2.5 ft deep, so I can reach my can back there. Should get easier to when the plants are lollypopped. Your tent on the other hand would be a bigger issue. I've seen here on the farm some pretty ingenious mods to watering cans to extend the spout so you can reach the back plants. So far I've got a love hate relationship with my net. If it helps me yield more I'm stoked, but not being able to move them around or take them out to give them tlc is a con

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yup when growing big plants you gotta decide between portable and in place growing.

When growing a big plant I leave it in place. And leave a big drip tray underneath. I feed from the top and try to saturate as much of the top as possible. Then all the runoff collects in the drip tray to be absorbed.

Makes it easy.

Irietime

Irietime

Raised up all the pots a couple inches and re-tucked all the branches. It's turning into a jungle. Been tucking fan leaves like crazy to get more light to some of the lower branches, clipped a few fans as well. (Below) i scooted the blueberry to the far left corner. It's looking like it's not gonna stretch as much as the chem's and the SD, made some more room for the others. My question is when should I lollipop? I was thinking about doing it the beginning of week three.
IMG 4487
IMG 4491
IMG 4495
IMG 4500
IMG 4502
IMG 4506
IMG 4512
IMG 4513
IMG 4515

IMG 4496
IMG 4504
ahemait

ahemait

Oh no : /

Hope it's easy to control. Thankfully things are only just starting to melt now, everything has been dead for 5 months. God bless winter. Might be cold but there's no bugs around for a long while!

You're a week into flower now? Any plans to take lower branches for clones? That's likely what I'm going to do, canopy is getting hella thick, like yours.

I am super tempted to flip as well but at the same time I want to see it explode now that I've bent and trained 90% of it.

But at the same time I want to try to stay approximately the same grow cycle as your babies >.<

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you have a trick for watering the ones in the back? Or is it accessible enough with the space you have between them?

My only concern about a net in my 5x5 is watering the back rows once the net fills up.
Yea it is a pita. Ideally you want your scrog to be setup so you can access all sides. Helps with husbandry and regular plant duties and pest inspections. But not everyone can achieve that matrix.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Top Bottom