Is Advanced Nutrients Worth The $$$??

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grayarea

grayarea

i had 2 10liters of voodoo juice stolen by a heroin addict that he just decided to give back a year later. not sure if they are still good or not. doubt they were kept in a cool place or indoors.

The Elvis

The Elvis

No they are re bottled in 2 or 4 6 oz and a trio would just cost about 20 bucks..
i dont remember the name something house.. for 90 bucks I can grow for a long time..
But I do autos So I guess i can get 2 or 3 runs from the 90 dollars on AN nutes..

this was a 90 dollar AN nute run.. about 35 dry ounces.. all auto took about 8o days from sprout.
I love photo plants I really do!! I have grown them for 20 years.. I like autos now, its a challenge!!

This one gave me 350 dry grams!! 86 days!!
0403152225a
Auto ultimate from the DP.
I can use other nutes but I grow from seed, and the PH perfect make my life way easier

heres a auto Forrest.. most are about 3 1/2 feet tall. grown with AN Sensi

here is the top shoy!! vegged out nice!!
Ccr2

bud shot! I decided to use Hybrid lighting.. I use 2 192 3 watt reflectors and a 600 HPS hurtilux
18x6 my schedule never changes..

Here is GG "auto" and statdowg "auto" they are as big as my stove.. there around 55 days in this pic.
6pack13

jackwhite

jackwhite

No they are re bottled in 2 or 4 6 oz and a trio would just cost about 20 bucks..
i dont remember the name something house.. for 90 bucks I can grow for a long time..
But I do autos So I guess i can get 2 or 3 runs from the 90 dollars on AN nutes..

this was a 90 dollar AN nute run.. about 35 dry ounces.. all auto took about 8o days from sprout.
I love photo plants I really do!! I have grown them for 20 years.. I like autos now, its a challenge!!

This one gave me 350 dry grams!! 86 days!!
View attachment 617432 Auto ultimate from the DP.
I can use other nutes but I grow from seed, and the PH perfect make my life way easier

heres a auto Forrest.. most are about 3 1/2 feet tall. grown with AN Sensi

here is the top shoy!! vegged out nice!! View attachment 617433

bud shot! I decided to use Hybrid lighting.. I use 2 192 3 watt reflectors and a 600 HPS hurtilux
18x6 my schedule never changes..

Here is GG "auto" and statdowg "auto" they are as big as my stove.. there around 55 days in this pic.
View attachment 617436
What plant is that? the buds are blue!

The Elvis

The Elvis

What plant is that? the buds are blue!

I think your talking about the auto ultimate, The buds are not blue but she had so many trics that my camera flash makes her have a blue tent.. Its like taking a picture of a disco ball.. Not so simple.. she was hard to get a pic of plus her size!!

P

Pimples

I was at the local hydro store and one of the employees was telling me to step my game up and graduate to advance nutes. (currently using technaflora) I am a newbie and will be starting my 2nd grow in mid feb. I am pretty happy with the results so far from my first grow(2weeks left till harvest)

For those who have or currently using Advance Nutes have you noticed a considerable difference from your other nutes thst you have used in the past?
Is it worth the $500 I would have to drop to purchase it?
If a store employee equates "stepping up your game" by changing nutrient brands....run. Run as fast as you can out the door. Nutrient and the various brands all basically do the same thing. And they work period. If you use them correctly they play a small role in the overall scheme of growroom operation

grohio

grohio

my bubblelicious from nirvana. under heat stress but nothing I can do about it. this plant got tall! its massive. im disappointed in the bud size so far but i think its because its about 8" from my 600watt hps. this took the longest to start flowering so im also thinking its just hasnt fully matured yet but also when I look at the trics they are milky so Im not sure if it will get any bigger
I can say from experience that nirvanas bubblelicious can be a very strong yielder. I used to use techna and it worked great. Only switched to fox farm because it seemed to make sense because i use fox farm soil products. Heres a pic of a large yielding bubblelicious i grew using technaflora.
20160308 112827

grohio

grohio

I got to agree with pimples. Ive grown all my strains at one time or another with little to no nutrients at all. Just good rich soil and still produce plenty of great bud. Its all about the genetics your working with and how you work them. I think each grower eventually finds his right product. Different strokes for different folks.

grohio

grohio

I use fox farm ocean forest mixed with fox farm happy frog. I also add some extra worm casting and bird guano. Works pretty well if you time your transplant correctly. Or if you ammend it with some compost teas, microbe brews

grohio

grohio

Btw ImTheBest, in no way am i trying to be argumentative. I totally understand your need for nutrients growing in coco. I just dont believe that it takes 5-8 bottles of different nutrients to grow awesome bud. Im sure AN and other expensive lines work great. But, ive seem some pretty awesome examples of high quality strains grown with the lucas formula. Just gh micro and gh bloom.

Wisher619

Wisher619

nutrients dont mean squat
light is food
water is life
nutrients you feed as little as possible
I use a 1part grow and my plants go crazy
@1.4 ec
they are now growing better than any nutrient system I have ever used

just like people that use Jacks Hydro
or canna coco a/b
all grow formulas you run the entire cycle

with professional results

I grow in canna coco

grohio

grohio

All i have to say is that i grew some dna sour secret in an organic soil mix and thats it. It smokes so smooth and taste like mountain dew. I had a horrible cold last week and was still able to get high on flowers because i had some of those nugs held back. Gets better and better as it cures.
20161028 235720 HDR

Ecompost

Ecompost

If a store employee equates "stepping up your game" by changing nutrient brands....run. Run as fast as you can out the door. Nutrient and the various brands all basically do the same thing. And they work period. If you use them correctly they play a small role in the overall scheme of growroom operation
or large role if you are synthetic :-)

P

Pimples

They don't all do the same thing they have different levels of vital nutrients, some nutrient systems are more beneficial. They play a vital role nobody listen to this guy
Ive noticed no difference between all the bottled nutrient brands. Canna...House and Garden...General...Ionic...Advanced...Dutch Master...Humboldt...Dyna...Hydroponic Research...Botanicare. I really used them all. And i mean all of them. They all gave me near identical results. Same weights. ...same quality. Same taste. Same...everything really. Running a ton of different strains over the years. Iam telling you...if your room is on point and you know what your doing. ..nutrient brand differences are largely placebo.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Whats the soil rich with? I grow indoor in Coco nutrients are very important
Of course they are. Iam saying the different brands of bottled nutes on them store shelves give near identical results. Its not the nutes that make or break a grow. You just need to supply them in the right proportion at the right time when the plant needs them All the bottled nute brands are up to a pretty high quality. They all do the same thing. K know this because i too grow in coco (and every other hydroponic method back in the day) and have used every damn brand of Hydroponic nutrient on them store shelves. None of them gave me a result that really jumped out and was truly something that changed the game. From simple Dynagro and Ionic...to Advanced and all them supplements they have. From Canna to Botanicare and everything in between. Its all the same shit. Nutrients are a small part of growing top quality and a large quantity of smoke. I been growing for almost 3 decades now. Ive seen it all pal.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

@ImTheBest
Wow
Kinda narrow minded thing to say.
Please take off your stoner blinders.
To say that because something was done 30 years ago means it's garbage is very short minded.
Especially if you have never smoked any of that "garbage".
Folks have been growing great weed before the "revolution".
Sure seems funny how one allways hears about old school weed.
folks were growing WITHOUT the "new revolution" science forever .
All that the new science is doing is explaining the why things that old timers did worked.
They didn't know the why.... they just know that it did.
Plants are plants and basically haven't changed.
If one truely wants to totally understand the new revolution, then they must look back at the old revolution.
Open your mind
Cant stand An.
Great marketing
Over priced products.
Peace

P

Pimples

You people that have been growing for 3 decades probably didn't have most of the optimal materials needed for cannabis production so that 30 years of experience doesn't mean anything.

The marijuana Revolution happened 20 years ago and anything you grew before that was probably garbage. No offense to you but the industry keeps improving dramatically and the sciences weren't there 30 years ago

As for nutes yes all nutrient lines can be beneficial but they are indeed different. Even the different lines from the same company. Sensi grow is way different levels from connesour grow.
Huh. The weed was garbage huh? The "sciences" were definitely there 30 years ago. What has changed besides equipment like fans filters and controllers? I will admit there are some game changers that have come out. Double endex lamps and mini split air conditio ers. Maybe co2 ppm sensors. But NOTHING has changed as far as plant nutrient minerals. Additives werent common. Definitely less and the hype.marketing wasnt as prevalent. But iam afraid to tell you that plant mineral nutrients has not changed at all. Humics/fulvics...silica...kelp hormones...all that stuff is nothing "revolutionary". At all!!!

Last edited:
P

Pimples

And i grew some extremely potent varieties back in the day. Just as good as anything now.

Top Bottom