Is Advanced Nutrients Worth The $$$??

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

You people that have been growing for 3 decades probably didn't have most of the optimal materials needed for cannabis production so that 30 years of experience doesn't mean anything.

The marijuana Revolution happened 20 years ago and anything you grew before that was probably garbage. No offense to you but the industry keeps improving dramatically and the sciences weren't there 30 years ago

As for nutes yes all nutrient lines can be beneficial but they are indeed different. Even the different lines from the same company. Sensi grow is way different levels from connesour grow.
to be this ignorant in an industry that you are trying to partake in is beyond me

this is the same ignorance that spews nonsense like ...."in the 70's the average thc level of marijuana was that of 3%"

really ........is that why you can grow Skunk#1 or Haze and pull 15%
that common misconception was campaigned after testing many mexi brick weed bundles confiscated
mississippi also has strain that they claim reached 30% thc.....sampled from the same era......
shit hasnt changed

I have landrace Affies that have never been touched by western world until I got them

one has ran @23% thc

I have grown in all types of enviroment with all types of nutes
organic
no till

flavors may change with differ light sources and microbes but the potency never really changes
genetics havnt changed in many years

neither have mineral based nutrients
which have been around since the 50's at least

and this would also cause an argument as to whether organic or mineral based is better

I have grown both and the only difference to me .....is light source
I have grown amazing plants in coco with mineral nutes under the sun that were crazy huge chunky buds
same strain under hps
not so huge and smelled completely differ in the terpine profile
smoked the same
I have also run the same with organics
all the same
the only difference to me was growth rates and finishing times when it came to hydro or organic
the only game changer is the light source
and ....GENETICS!!!!!!!!!!

but to regurgitate this absolute horseshit is complete buffoonery........

your unfactual opinion will lead to many people following astray......your words can be detrimental

maybe read and study facts before you list your opinion with such stubbornness

Wisher619

Wisher619

You people that have been growing for 3 decades probably didn't have most of the optimal materials needed for cannabis production so that 30 years of experience doesn't mean anything.

The marijuana Revolution happened 20 years ago and anything you grew before that was probably garbage. No offense to you but the industry keeps improving dramatically and the sciences weren't there 30 years ago

As for nutes yes all nutrient lines can be beneficial but they are indeed different. Even the different lines from the same company. Sensi grow is way different levels from connesour grow.
I have read and studied facts. People couldn't even produce sensemillia before the 90s I'm glad Mexican BRICK WEED ranks at 30% that makes it no less improperly grown or packaged.

It's not ignorance. The industry has boomed and people have SINCE studied marijuana in its optimal environment. Thats nice that powder nutrients were around in the 50s it has nothing to do with the nutrient levels optimal for cannabis.

The fact is that marijuana in the untied States before 1996 was aweful
are you on this planet?

how old are you?

early 20's I presume

so what are you running right now.....

something that has been regurgitated since the early 80's

oh and since you are so advanced......why are you using 10 year old blurple led tech?

what are optimal levels of cannabis nutrients?
is cannabis not a plant?
or is it some other type of entity?

get off of AN's dick and look around you

what does the brick weed have to do with the genetics

that weed before packaged was killer

so was anything else in that era

actually dating back 1000's of years

hash hasnt changed.....why not???
same techniques that have been used for ever.....water hash......1000's of years old
no bubbleman didnt invent water hash

genetics havnt changed and the way we grow hasnt changed

I bet my no till organic plants would make you loose your shit.....

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

This is where I call bullshit! I graduated high school in 94. There was better consistent herb back then compared to nowadays.
Back in those days, to be a grower you had to know what the fuck you were doing as medical didn't exist.
Nowadays everyone and their uncle are growing and honestly I have seen a consistent amount of below grade average.
The guy that tough me how to grow in the 91 sure knew what the fuck he was doing.
Maybe you might have a valid point if you're from the Midwest or back east where schwagg is still being bought up. Portland, Seattle Eugene, all the way down to Cali, always grew the

P

Pimples

I have read and studied facts. People couldn't even produce sensemillia before the 90s I'm glad Mexican BRICK WEED ranks at 30% that makes it no less improperly grown or packaged.

It's not ignorance. The industry has boomed and people have SINCE studied marijuana in its optimal environment. Thats nice that powder nutrients were around in the 50s it has nothing to do with the nutrient levels optimal for cannabis.

You havent studied much pal. People couldnt grow sensimillia before the 90's???Yes i too would like to know...what planet are you on??? Another kid grower that thinks he knows everything about cannabis. Listen. There are many out there like you. Ive seen your kind all too often. Try being humble a little why dont you.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Lol wild grown cannabis is barely potent. That's why there's hash. Because undeveloped farmers would need to smoke a zip of their flowers to get high where as they get their cremes and charas and press hash.
Cannabis is a plant but plants are different that is super narrow minded. I'm not going to feed a cabbage the same levels as cannabis.
Lol cannabis was just as good 1000s of years ago? No... The genetics have changed over the last 20 years...alot.

All plant growth is not the same. That is super narrow minded. And that brick weed wasn't packaged adding seeds. It wasn't killer before being packaged it was average
have you ever heard of Mel Frank?
Sam the Skunkman
the Haze Brothers
Mark Castle

dude.......ridiculous.....

no sensi?

where do you think the term sensi was coined.....late 90's?

people around the world have been growing cannabis forever.......seeded....non seeded.....

many differ types of hash
from hand rubbed to dry sift to water

one of the base plants for many new genetics including your Kush's/cookies...etc.... would be thai/mexi/colombian

still to this day...people like Bodhi and others still work with landrace genetics.....to create new strains.....

your argument would be like saying..........People were all ignorant and knew nothing before the internet.....

grohio

grohio

Lol. MARIJUANA BEFORE 96 WAS AWEFUL HUH. TELL DJ SHORT THAT AND SHANTIBABA. TELL THAT TO CHEMDOG OR ANYBODY THAT HAS EVER SMOKED CHEMDOG. BTW IF YOU DIDNT KNOW CHEMDOG CAME FROM SEEDS FROM 2 POUNDS OF WEED IN THE VERY EARLY 90s. Sorry didnt want knock on nobody but @ImTheBest sounds like a moron.

grohio

grohio

Im done with this thread. @ImTheBest is completely ignorant. All the hybrids people are growing today all originates from landraces and ibl. I doubt imthebest even knows what a landrace or an ibl is.

Wisher619

Wisher619

this dude is growing Blue dream under Mars Hydro Blurple lights

Blue Dream????????????
you mean Blueberry xHaze

interesting....since haze has been around since the 60's
and blueberry......DJ Short's Blueberry..........been around my friend.........

DJ Short - Blueberry
We developed Blueberry from different new genetic lines, genetics that are unique to Europe. Not only Blueberry, but also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These seed strains are of the highest quality and have not been grown in Europe before.

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20%Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970`s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period.

Flowering Period: 45-55 days
Height: 0.7-1m

interesting

so 2 very old and extemely potent plants were crossed.......did that make it even more potent?

or did it just create new growth structure and hybridized terpine profiles???

by the way....your blue dream looks completely Kentucky Fried with that amazing AN feed ppm level you got going on there

3 cheers for Blurple Lights and overly priced Miracle Grow

Last edited:
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

What I know from working in a hydro shop advanced nutrients is the most expensive line we sold to run all parts. It also had a higher mark up making it more profitable for shops to sell. Advanced spends more money advertising than any nutrient line out there. That being said it's easy to use and can produce great yields but I feel like it causes a lack in flavor. Personally I think there are much better options out there in "premium" nutrient lines such as house and garden that cost almost half as much. I'm a huge house and garden fan but I still use big bud. Not saying advanced is bad line but there are other options out there that will produce great results for a fraction of the cost. Just my 2 cents

P

Pimples

I stand corrected on coco specific nutrient brand ppm (500) readings with my Bluelab Combo meter. I recently bought a quart set of both Cocotek Grow A & B and just yesterday grabbed Advanced Sensi Grow A & B quart set. Iam always switching up just for the hell of it. Especially grow nutes. I can use any of them with a decent meter. Its what ive always done...trust my meter. Ppm's (EC) doesnt lie. Anyways...at 2 tsp per part of Sensi Grow from Advanced in a gallon of my tap (110 ppm 7.6 pH) it reads 670 ppm and 6.4 pH. With GH Cocotek A&B at 2 tsp per part in the same water it reads 1050 ppm and 6.7 - 6.6 pH. Cocotek is much more concentrated. You only need a little over a tsp (6 - 6.5 ml) per part to hit 650 -700 ppm. But something about that Sensi Grow Part A. Has kelp and humics in it with yucca. Some 6 inch Blue Dream cuts (that are chugging along nicely) took right the fuck off overnight after the above feed. I added a little pH down to about 6.0. Fed them (4"pots) with decent runoff...and wow. Came home today and they just have a glow about them. But alas...the so called pH Perfect Sensi grow is largely bogus. It does drop it. But not in the sweet zone. I still have to add a little pH down. And even a little more with the GH Cocotek. Both brands...very similar. Cocotek having a shit ton of calcium amd mag (even more than Canna) but none of the extra goodies the Advanced crams in to the part A. Sensi grow has a hell of alot of iron with 3 different chelates. Its a toss up. Cocotek more concentrated but a plain jane basic mineral nute for coco. Advanced Sensi Grow being more diluted but you can really smell the kelp and humics in it. And it foams when shaken....telling me the yucca saponin is in there.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Oh...btw. At the store i got them at they are both 28 bucks a set out the door.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I use botanicare CNS17 grow
all 17 elements
$28.00 a gallon

15ml per gallon reaches 1.4ec ph 5.7-5.9

I have used the bloom and all additives

but now

just grow/pure blend tea/silica/and once a week hydroguard

in coco

that mixture comes to 1.6ec ph 5.7 no ph up or down
holds for at least a week

by far the only way you can get cheaper is to go with Jacks Hydro

with a npk of 3-1-2 it is pretty much perfect for coco

P

Pimples

all 17 elements
$28.00 a gallon

but now

in coco

Ive used cns17. It is one of the least expensive nutes out there. Similar to Ionic but more of a suspension than a true solution. That milky white shit is a sugar base that keeps calcium and sulphur from precipitation. I like it. But the mixing of thay shit got to be a pain. Still use it every now and again in a pinch

P

Pimples

all 17 elements
$28.00 a gallon

but now

in coco

Hey...whats your start water ppm and pH? I like the no pH down business. Especially with the silica additive. I always have to drop final target of tank stock solution with pH down but i stay in the same ppm parameters as you. 600 to 850 roughly depending on strain and stage of development.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Hey...whats your start water ppm and pH? I like the no pH down business. Especially with the silica additive. I always have to drop final target of tank stock solution with pH down but i stay in the same ppm parameters as you. 600 to 850 roughly depending on strain and stage of development.
I start with 0 ppm RO not sure of the ph because there are no electricity to measure so it bounces between like 4-8ph it just goes craycray
might I add.....no calmg
I just throw them in and let them do there thing
some strains will be a little light for a week or 2 and then green up
which tells me the bank of coco has been filled
others are perfectly fine right out the gate

I also start my seedling the same way
straight to coco a 1.4ec
I like using dixie cups and cut trays
I just fill the trays up with solution and let it sit
they will drink it down in a few days and then refill

Wisher619

Wisher619

Ive used cns17. It is one of the least expensive nutes out there. Similar to Ionic but more of a suspension than a true solution. That milky white shit is a sugar base that keeps calcium and sulphur from precipitation. I like it. But the mixing of thay shit got to be a pain. Still use it every now and again in a pinch
I have a very easy way of mixing

in my res I have a 200gph pump with a pvc diverter 2" of pipe up and a T at the top
I have it run once an hour every other hour

when filling my res
I have a 32oz protien shaker
I fill that with the amount of grow and then fill with water an shake for about a minute and dump mix into the tank
while the pump is running mixing my res

I let the pump run for 30 min with all additives ( tea/hydroguard/silica)
all done

Wisher619

Wisher619

this is how my mom's/clones/seedling chill

moms on the right. seedlings/clones on the left
under T-8

FreeRadical

FreeRadical

this dude is growing Blue dream under Mars Hydro Blurple lights

Blue Dream????????????
you mean Blueberry xHaze

interesting....since haze has been around since the 60's
and blueberry......DJ Short's Blueberry..........been around my friend.........

DJ Short - Blueberry
We developed Blueberry from different new genetic lines, genetics that are unique to Europe. Not only Blueberry, but also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These seed strains are of the highest quality and have not been grown in Europe before.

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20%Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970`s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period.

Flowering Period: 45-55 days
Height: 0.7-1m

interesting

so 2 very old and extemely potent plants were crossed.......did that make it even more potent?

or did it just create new growth structure and hybridized terpine profiles???

by the way....your blue dream looks completely Kentucky Fried with that amazing AN feed ppm level you got going on there

3 cheers for Blurple Lights and overly priced Miracle Grow

Not to get into the drama at all just want to say I love older genetics. Flo is one of my favorite strains. First one I grew. I love pre90 chronic you can get that from outlaw genetics now. Who doesnt like 91 Chemdog? What about matanuska tundra, White widow, northern nights number 5, what about the entire super sativa seed club collection? Does anyone know when brothers grimm started breeding? Strawberry fields was just omg amazing. I could go on forever but the last thing I will say is how do we censor mistakes like this so they do not grow like a virus? That way we dont have to hear any more of the bullshit spouted by police and others that profit from arresting and stealing from non violent growers and cannabis merchants? I really dont think we as a cannabis growers group should be helping hurt the image of cannabis with lies or "unwitting mistakes" like mr imthebest posted. Im sorry man and if your making an honest mistake my bad but your doing the plant and this whole community a disservice saying things like no sensimilla before 96 or thc percentages are now 10 times higher than they were 20 years ago or however you put it. Im too depressed by this to go check. Cannabis potency is increased by altitude, light spectrum, stress training, proper feeding, having a clean garden space, not having bug problems, and many other things. Im pretty sure that the cannabis revolution and more people knowing about growing made no difference. Im sure more people growing and the clone movement or culture made potent genetics more available to the average grower. But seeds have been popular for a long time and you can grow just as potent cannabis from a seed as you can from a clone. There is just more variety involved in phenotypic expression. Im no expert on genetics or breeding but I hope to be some day. Until then I will read and learn as much as I can and ever getting there wont stop me from learning. Im here to learn and Im sorry for calling you out. Your wrong man and hopefully you will learn from all this input instead of getting angry and refusing to listen.

Top Bottom