Is Advanced Nutrients Worth The $$$??

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

I run GH @ 1.3-1.5ec total.....
Lot of guys I know run it high like 3.0+..... 4 isn't unheard of lol. I've gotten away with 1.0 under 1kDEs with AN. I feel like similar results could be had with any complete formulation and really want to get away from brands but the time to mix salts or, in the case of organic, clean my brewer daily is very discouraging lol

Wisher619

Wisher619

And at the top of the list is..... Aliens..... Seriously, read the book of Enoch, which was once part of the scriptures that we know as the Bible..... The elites are alien hybrids......Trippy shit:smoking:
yeah I have listened to David Icke
and have read gnostic scripture
occult literature and whatnot

but on this earth
for the average person

Royal Blood? control finance which controls everything

From the Rothchild's to The Queen and Prince Phillip
German Barron Bloodline (Nazi)
supposed royalty

they collapse economy's and depress currency
and "allow" company's to exist

whether you get nutes from AN or GH the minerals are mined by the same companys owned by the same umbrella companys which are owned by banks which are owned by "royalty"
so no
matter what
even if we go with raw salts
it still comes from the same money

Wisher619

Wisher619

Lot of guys I know run it high like 3.0+..... 4 isn't unheard of lol. I've gotten away with 1.0 under 1kDEs with AN. I feel like similar results could be had with any complete formulation and really want to get away from brands but the time to mix salts or, in the case of organic, clean my brewer daily is very discouraging lol
I use a EWC tea once a week along with Silica and calmg for veg
total my cost is about $.12 a gallon

P

PharmHand

yeah I have listened to David Icke
and have read gnostic scripture
occult literature and whatnot

but on this earth
for the average person

Royal Blood? control finance which controls everything

From the Rothchild's to The Queen and Prince Phillip
German Barron Bloodline (Nazi)
supposed royalty

they collapse economy's and depress currency
and "allow" company's to exist

whether you get nutes from AN or GH the minerals are mined by the same companys owned by the same umbrella companys which are owned by banks which are owned by "royalty"
so no
matter what
even if we go with raw salts
it still comes from the same money
Dammit! Ignorance really is bliss isn't it? I watched a BBC doc series years ago.... All Watched over by Machines of Love and Grace..... and Zeitgeist.... The truth just makes me angry and bitter..... So I smoke a blunt and think..." My life ain't so bad":)

Wisher619

Wisher619

Dammit! Ignorance really is bliss isn't it? I watched a BBC doc series years ago.... All Watched over by Machines of Love and Grace..... and Zeitgeist.... The truth just makes me angry and bitter..... So I smoke a blunt and think..." My life ain't so bad":)
that it is......that it is

P

Pimples

the cost of his products is way too high imo, but they do of course work, just as AN does and in fact the nutrients in powder in NPK bags are the very same as those in AN albeit less diluted. You can buy products on ebay or other which dont come in small packs at that price. For example, K2O is a common product, it is extremely cheap unless you buy it from NPK industries. The same with his P his N and so on. His system is not organic AND, does he even ship microbes? I dont understand systems of bio stimulation, where one also adds bio restrictive salts
Harley Smith is just the face for npk. And kelp4 less has all that stuff for way cheaper. Itz where i buy it. Npk raw powders are way overpriced.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Harley Smith is just the face for npk. And kelp4 less has all that stuff for way cheaper. Itz where i buy it. Npk raw powders are way overpriced.
you can also get stuff from customhydronutrients.com
pretty damn cheap
get all the salts you need along with humic powder /seaweed powder etc...

U

ugmjfarmer

Gosh get back on topic.. The thread was to talk about Advanced Nutrients (specifically one of the more pricy nutrient lines out there) and not everyone's pet theories. THCFarmer should put a stop same rhetoric that happens in every thread because it alienates people from the forum. If you want to talk conspiracy then go to a conspiracy site. there are plenty of like minded people there who can make you feel good about what you believe and make you feel like you know everything for believing the same way they do. I would rather talk about growing plants than what we believe in; because this transitions into being blasted as an "idiot" or that "I am part of the conspiracy" almost all the time. I sure as heck am not going to be putting up (again) with being told to "wake up".

Almost every thread here about a nutrient line turns into buy your salts a so-and-so-place and a soapbox as well.. Geesh this is getting old.

Is an expensive nutrient line worth the money? Sure to some who are new to growing. It's easy to mix. It introduces them to each part of a full food line that plants could take up. It teaches you when to apply certain elements to get better growth. New growers should put more stock into dialing in a room but there is nothing wrong with spending some money on a nutrient line because you are not a scientist and lack the ability to measure out all of those salts. At least then one part of the puzzle has been done for you so you can focus on learning plants, training, VPD.

Heck, I've been turned off by the cost of raw salts as well.. This goes both ways!!

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

Gosh get back on topic.. The thread was to talk about Advanced Nutrients (specifically one of the more pricy nutrient lines out there) and not everyone's pet theories. THCFarmer should put a stop same rhetoric that happens in every thread because it alienates people from the forum. If you want to talk conspiracy then go to a conspiracy site. there are plenty of like minded people there who can make you feel good about what you believe and make you feel like you know everything for believing the same way they do. I would rather talk about growing plants than what we believe in; because this transitions into being blasted as an "idiot" or that "I am part of the conspiracy" almost all the time. I sure as heck am not going to be putting up (again) with being told to "wake up".

Almost every thread here about a nutrient line turns into buy your salts a so-and-so-place and a soapbox as well.. Geesh this is getting old.

Is an expensive nutrient line worth the money? Sure to some who are new to growing. It's easy to mix. It introduces them to each part of a full food line that plants could take up. It teaches you when to apply certain elements to get better growth. New growers should put more stock into dialing in a room but there is nothing wrong with spending some money on a nutrient line because you are not a scientist and lack the ability to measure out all of those salts. At least then one part of the puzzle has been done for you so you can focus on learning plants, training, VPD.

Heck, I've been turned off by the cost of raw salts as well.. This goes both ways!!
yeah but the point is........
spending a grand for the complete line of AN products is rediculous
when you can spend 25.00 on a gallon of say CNS17 bloom which will get you from seed to harvest
or
14.00 on a bag of GH maxibloom and scoop 7g per gallon from seed to harvest

all "Conspiracy Theories" aside
the answer is
NO AN isnt worth the bottle it is sold in

and if "we" are put off by salts and weights and measurements and whatnot
then are "we" below basic math

and by the way......you virtue signaling for others to get back on track because you may find reality offensive tells me that maybe take a look in the mirror
that $50.00 bottle of AN product is mined by the same company that say botanicare or GH or Dyna Go etc get

just because someone has cornered the market by propaghanda towards a specific genre dosnt mean that it is the end all

there are plenty of "Cannabis Specific Nutes"
Manna
Canna
Humbolt nutrients
emerald Triangle
cyco
the list goes on
but they all do the same thing
just depends on if you want to spend an arm and a leg or just a few bucks

dan1989

dan1989

I was at the local hydro store and one of the employees was telling me to step my game up and graduate to advance nutes. (currently using technaflora) I am a newbie and will be starting my 2nd grow in mid feb. I am pretty happy with the results so far from my first grow(2weeks left till harvest)

For those who have or currently using Advance Nutes have you noticed a considerable difference from your other nutes thst you have used in the past?
Is it worth the $500 I would have to drop to purchase it?

Would they happen to be the most expensive nutes in the shop? Alarm bells would be ringing for me, nothing like a noob (absolutely zero offense intended, I'm barely graduated beyond noob level) to sell expensive shit to...that you don't really need probably...

xenon730

xenon730

meh your point doesnt really make sense because the answer is no and has been no for many pages of this thread. no matter how you slice it, it is never worth the money in that you can get equal results for less money. period. end of your discussion. so people move on and talk about the topic at hand ie: cost of nutrients and their values.

do you need 16 pages of no to be satisfied? and rhetoric lol. from one small group of people here? just saying what is fact? its cheaper overall by a lot. people talk about the extremes. where exactly do you think this thread should go? i browse this forum regularly by new posts and searches and this is the first im seeing this stuff in at least a few days to a week, probably longer.

dan1989

dan1989

So you are saying that you would advise someone who is new to growing to spend three or even four figure sums on nutrients that they really have no idea how to use, risk all that money which possibly costs more than their ENTIRE set-up...

Sounds like you really do need to wake up. If people keep telling you that maybe there's something in it.

Or is everybody else wrong and you are right perhaps?

P

Pimples

Whelp...my last post on this one. I buy my nutes at Home Depot. Black Magic A & B. 60 bucks a gallon set. 5 to 7 ml per part in a gallon of water. Call it good. Yall have a good day. Iam way over the hydro shop nutrients except for Bioag Fulpower. Once this Canna runs out iam out. Lol. I know what my plants need to thrive in my basement. And its not the fancy labels with the outrageous price at the local hydro shop. To be honest...sealing up my rooms and investing in a santa fe dehuey and a Mitsubishi mini split and running co2 the right way has been the biggest move and game changer ive made in over 20 years. Sure as hell never was a bottle of whatever with a cartoon chick with big tits on the label.

xenon730

xenon730

Whelp...my last post on this one. I buy my nutes at Home Depot. Black Magic A & B. 60 bucks a gallon set. 5 to 7 ml per part in a gallon of water. Call it good. Yall have a good day. Iam way over the hydro shop nutrients except for Bioag Fulpower. Once this Canna runs out iam out. Lol. I know what my plants need to thrive in my basement. And its not the fancy labels with the outrageous price at the local hydro shop. To be honest...sealing up my rooms and investing in a santa fe dehuey and a Mitsubishi mini split and running co2 the right way has been the biggest move and game changer ive made in over 20 years. Sure as hell never was a bottle of whatever with a cartoon chick with big tits on the label.
only co2 and light movers can make any sort of real claim on yield increase.

P

Pimples

only co2 and light movers can make any sort of real claim on yield increase.
I would nix that light mover part and just say more light in general (to an extant) regardless of which method one employs to get it. And canopy management techniques such as net trellis..topping..tying down...staking...to get an even uniform canopy of potential flowering node sites completely covering the light you use. That and co2 constantly at certain parts per million during lights on with a controllable and consistant temperature and relative humidity. Along with a high yielding consistent quality varietal (cultivar). That's how you get high yields of top quality marijuana day in and day out on a steady basis.

Ecompost

Ecompost

I think reading between the lines is a valuable trait for humans. If anyone was on a soapbox mate....

The answer was NO in the majority from what I see

Ecompost

Ecompost

I just like reading the info he puts out. He's the only person I've ever heard discuss the difference between growing in maximum growth demanding conditions vs average conditions and how nutrient usage and uptake changes. You're absolutely right tho, RAW is just overpriced ag salts
no Harley is a nice dude dont get me wrong, he is helpful and open. I doubt he sets the price structure at NPK.
I make my own nutes, some people think these are expensive too :) One or two thing(s) in our defense, we are 4 times stronger than canna, 5 times stronger than BioAg and about a million times more considered than AN or indeed a bio stimulating system without biology and with excessive harmful salts leading to money being wasted one end or other.
I dont make a single base and tinker with ratios as if i talk plant, but I make plant food like we eat, eg Protein, Fatty Acids, Carbohydrates, Minerals, Vitamins and Gases, in which are all those NPK things and more. I dont care about NPK so much as I worry about rates of Carbon. I grow Bio Organic in Soil or Soil-Less, I would never grow without microbes, this seems to me to be entirely missing the focus of evolution. Until plants can get up and make their own dinner, I prefer to focus on the biome and soil and less the fancy words and pictures.

Last edited:
jackwhite

jackwhite

Would they happen to be the most expensive nutes in the shop? Alarm bells would be ringing for me, nothing like a noob (absolutely zero offense intended, I'm barely graduated beyond noob level) to sell expensive shit to...that you don't really need probably...
"Noob" lol

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I run Advanced Nutrients. It can get expensive, but you don't have to run the whole freaking product line. Also, a one liter bottle will go a long ways. Many of the products they sell are simply additives. I break this down into what i must have, and what i like to use for additives. If price is an issue, skip the additives and choose other products or don't get them at all.

Must Have (for me that is)
Connoisseur Grow A&B 1L $30
Connoisseur Bloom A&B 1L $34
Piranha 250ML $19
Rhino Skin 1L $24

Additives i personally run, not always a necessity especially for newer growers. You can pick and choose or go with other products.

Big Bud 1L $28 or get the 250ML $15
Bud Candy 1L $22 or get the 250ML $13
Flawless Finish 1L $20 or get 250ML for $10

You can even purchase a pack of Flawless Finish, Bud Candy and piranha 250ML pack for $40.00

One way the price CAN add up very quickly is not TRULY understanding how much nutrients you will need. For example...I had no clue how much to use so i wanted to be safe and ordered a shit load. Mind you, i'm only running 6 girls. I ordered 1L grow and bloom but everything else i purchased 4L bottles. Yeah....my total was around $460 but i'm an idiot and didn't do the research. Some of this stuff you only run for 2 weeks or so, you don't need huge bottles. My stuff will LONG expire before i use it. Be smart. It doesn't have to be as expensive as people make it out to be.

To each their own =]

OGONLY

OGONLY

I run Advanced Nutrients. It can get expensive, but you don't have to run the whole freaking product line. Also, a one liter bottle will go a long ways. Many of the products they sell are simply additives. I break this down into what i must have, and what i like to use for additives. If price is an issue, skip the additives and choose other products or don't get them at all.

Must Have (for me that is)
Connoisseur Grow A&B 1L $30
Connoisseur Bloom A&B 1L $34
Piranha 250ML $19
Rhino Skin 1L $24

Additives i personally run, not always a necessity especially for newer growers. You can pick and choose or go with other products.

Big Bud 1L $28 or get the 250ML $15
Bud Candy 1L $22 or get the 250ML $13
Flawless Finish 1L $20 or get 250ML for $10

You can even purchase a pack of Flawless Finish, Bud Candy and piranha 250ML pack for $40.00

One way the price CAN add up very quickly is not TRULY understanding how much nutrients you will need. For example...I had no clue how much to use so i wanted to be safe and ordered a shit load. Mind you, i'm only running 6 girls. I ordered 1L grow and bloom but everything else i purchased 4L bottles. Yeah....my total was around $460 but i'm an idiot and didn't do the research. Some of this stuff you only run for 2 weeks or so, you don't need huge bottles. My stuff will LONG expire before i use it. Be smart. It doesn't have to be as expensive as people make it out to be.

To each their own =]

Piranha, Rhino skin and Flawless Finish are a waste of money. None will add any discernible yield or quality benefit whatsoever.

I run Sensi Bloom Coco A and B, Big Bud, Overdrive, Bud Factor X (after week 3 and up til week 6 or 7, stuffs expensive but works well). I used to use Bud Candy but just did a run without it to see how the taste differs without it. The quality was amazing without it. Taste is a bit better I'd say. Yield was a bit lower than what I'm used to but I also changed reflectors that run so it could have been that.

I've been doing this a long time. Used other nutes previously as documented in my numerous posts years back. I love the results I get with my regiment. I don't spend a lot on nutes either. I buy gallons. Liters are a rip off. Buy on Amazon or Ebey. I pay about $150 per run on nutes on average with 8 plants under 2 1000 watt hoods. Use 3/4 strength. Flush with R/O. No flush Ph adjustments needed.

Keep your temps in check, don't disturb plants during lights off. Be consistent with your watering schedule and adjust canopy daily keeping nugs in the light and not shaded. This is the formula for super dank (assuming you have a dank strain) and max yield.

Top Bottom