Is curing in jars bullshit and a way to justify wrongly dryd buds

• Thread starter Dai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrankieG

FrankieG

I just finished a bowl of a 2 year aged dosi/mendo breath cross that we affectionately renamed "good night irene". She's a one hit pillow across your face, and as tasty as it was a year ago. In my humble opinion, the cure is everything, once you're on to solid genetics and aren't creating problems in your own garden anymore, you've got to get the cure down. A good cure can make mediocre weed better, and if done incorrectly, too quickly, high temperature drying, can turn your great weed into shit. I'm an outdoor farmer and for me, timing is everything regarding temperature. Optimally, they'll hang until the branch will snap, not almost snap, but breaks. I'll pull any leaves left and put those buds still on the branches into totes. I've opened totes a year after putting them away in a dark climate controlled closet, and they're as good as the day I put them in. It was mainly out of necessity I had to learn to do this. I hand trim EVERYTHING, I've had 5 thousand dollar trim machines, been there done that, nothing looks better in the jar than hand trimmed flowers...and I'm usually only into it for a pound before I begin to hate trimming weed again. So when I'm looking at more than a few lbs to trim, I had to find a way to preserve it. Leaving the flowers on the branches, in the totes has been my method for a few years now. I've got a shed full of jars I haven't used in about 7 years if anyone wants them lol. Probably 30 cases, sell 'em all for 100 bucks lol,

chemistry

chemistry

Hey all I have a ? I recently bought a bottle of cleanse from a hydro store no label on it kinda black market place. It’s supposed to cleanse your plants in 3 days without affecting smell, taste and burn-ability never seen it before not sure if I should use it. Any thoughts on this one? Also can I still have my carbon filter running in my drying room while I’m drying my buds?

Does it have a scull and cross bones on the back of the lablel. lol If your in any doubt, leave it out.

B

Burned Haze

Step 1 : Put all your plants on a line without messing with any leafs ( more you mess with it, more thrice can be altered or contaminates can be in it more easily since it’s like glue/wet)

Have temps (60-75 f) humidity at 55-60% with airflow, never airflow hitting them, more light you present = more darkness on ending results of product

Make sure to be ocd/anal about your environment humidity temps and make sure it’s correct , anything out of whack makes the reasons why it takes longer for your product to dry or why it taste bad/destroyed the terps ( remember you can’t get back your terps , it’s all about proper timing of everything and not skipping a step)

step 2 : bend the stems and watch for when they will “ partially snap”, that’s when the plants ready, don’t let your plants sit longer = you destroy your terps

Step 3 : key is to have your stuff in the containers after the plant “ snaps” on the grow lines, so ethier cut your bud into jars or food grade buckets ( make sure it’s food grade ) with gamma seals and label date of when it was put in there.

Step 4: burp stage ( give 72 hours with no burping ) then burp all jars/buckets at starting every day for hours, then lower every other day 15 minutes to 1 hour . Have a digital humidity meter and have it in the bucket/jar and see what the humidity % the whole time and get it to 62%.

Step 5: I would get “integra boost 62% 60gram “ for each jar/bucket to guarantee success ( I’ve tried both brands and this brand seem to last longer and work , boveda seemed to steal the terps, it’s not jut me that I’ve heard)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dai

How comes then I watched a documentary on legal growers in colorado who got fields of it cut the plant hang it with a light breez on it and they hang it for 5 day s I believe if you grow good weed you don't need to put it in jars I believe its just a way to preserve it

D

Dai

I'm a huge believer in treating cannabis like wine, whiskey, and fine cheeses. I just wish I had a dark cool cave or cellar for curing. 🙃
Whiskey gets its flavour from the wooden barrels and wine is totally different to weed and so is cheese plus all them are bacteria cannabis isn't so what sense does tha make like

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How comes then I watched a documentary on legal growers in colorado who got fields of it cut the plant hang it with a light breez on it and they hang it for 5 day s I believe if you grow good weed you don't need to put it in jars I believe its just a way to preserve it

Its because they are in a hurry to sell it. 5 days in the breeze in colorado would fast dry the weed for faster sale.

The jars are a convenient way to protect the flowers and a micro climate to more easily dry them as slowly as possible for best results.

I hang dry in a closet with indirect air flow gently exhausting the humidity with bud leaves still on the flowers for 6-12 days depending on seasonal conditions and bud structure/density.

Then when the bud stems break instead of bend and the bud leaves have gone crispy I trim the flowers by hand and put in jars to keep drying and to help the process of bacteria inside the buds to keep eating the chlorophyll. Burping or opening the jars lets out the gasses this creates. When its finally dry the smoothness and flavor stops progressing.

If i can hang dry 10 days and “cure” the buds in jars for 2 months or more the best potential for quality I have seen is accomplished.

The flowers are good off the vine when dry and not bery harsh when grown properly but after a proper dry and cure they are much better.

Quality is in patience and details.

You should apologize to @Burned Haze

He is a fantastic and knowledgable grower with great experience and i could only hope to one day be able to run rooms like him. Have you seen his thread? Whew!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its because they are in a hurry to sell it. 5 days in the breeze in colorado would fast dry the weed for faster sale.

The jars are a convenient way to protect the flowers and a micro climate to more easily dry them as slowly as possible for best results.

I hang dry in a closet with indirect air flow gently exhausting the humidity with bud leaves still on the flowers for 6-12 days depending on seasonal conditions and bud structure/density.

Then when the bud stems break instead of bend and the bud leaves have gone crispy I trim the flowers by hand and put in jars to keep drying and to help the process of bacteria inside the buds to keep eating the chlorophyll. Burping or opening the jars lets out the gasses this creates. When its finally dry the smoothness and flavor stops progressing.

If i can hang dry 10 days and “cure” the buds in jars for 2 months or more the best potential for quality I have seen is accomplished.

The flowers are good off the vine when dry and not bery harsh when grown properly but after a proper dry and cure they are much better.

He is a fantastic and knowledgable grower with great experience and i could only hope to one day be able to run rooms like him. Have you seen his thread? Whew!
This ^^^

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cause we all know that the legal weed is the best out there 🤔

B

Burned Haze

cry all you want , 90% of what I do on here is information. sounds to me your a troll :)

Some people just want to hate?

Dude it’s just my passion that gets under your skin dude, get over yourself or fuck off lol

D

Dai

Pretty bold statement for someone with little to no knowledge to make against someone with extensive knowledge and experience.

Care to tell us what's bullshit about it?
Some people just want to hate?

Dude it’s just my passion that gets under your skin dude, get over yourself or fuck off lol
Mate if this page would let me upload photos il show you fukin buds you clown longer than your arm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well if it was shit it wouldn't get q. C passed would it
They don't quality control test for flavor mate. I was a QA for 15 yrs. It's about following procedures that are developed to meet standards and laws to ensure that a product is consistent and meets all regulatory requirements. I mean the shit could taste like lawn clippings and pass QA.

I grow buds bigger than your leg mate
Big buds means what in terms of quality of smoke and taste? Nothing big shitty buds are just that.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I havent seen BH's thread, can someone link it? Ive been curious to check out this Ferrari of a grow room. Hearing a lot of great things about it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent seen BH's thread, can someone link it? Ive been curious to check out this Ferrari of a grow room. Hearing a lot of great things about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom