Is Organics Lacking? Bottles Needed?

• Thread starter cannakis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannakis

cannakis

No, crop rotation is because different plants deplete the soil of nutrients differently.

.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_rotation

Fair use excerpt:

Growing the same crop in the same place for many years in a row disproportionately depletes the soil of certain nutrients.
Yes this may be true, but that's not the only reason and it is Definitely Not the Main reason. If you manure properly the nutrients will Always be there. If I rotated crops for 5 years and Never amended the soil it would deplete nutrients No Matter what! Just common sense.'

ken dog

ken dog

No, your version of crop rotation is agricultural Voodoo that is only practices by organic diehards. .. the evidence is annecoctal at best.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes this may be true, but that's not the only reason and it is Definitely Not the Main reason. If you manure properly the nutrients will Always be there. If I rotated crops for 5 years and Never amended the soil it would deplete nutrients No Matter what! Just common sense.'
you both have valid points. But truth be known in most agricultural crops (meaning very generally) the building blocks concerning nute requirements is pretty basic. There are some genotypes that have some specialty requirements. But most crops do well with NPK, micronutes and soil. So even with non mono cropping the soil would be depleted eventually even with crop rotation.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha okay

haha like who?
I said I can, never said I would, with that said, just because some feel its detrimental doesnt mean it is. I have no proof other than here say via what I have read/heard. I have never used it so I cant speak any further to it. I dont think it would be kosher to throw names out unless I have permission. :D I will share this the breeders I spoke of are on the left side of the big pond

cannakis

cannakis

I said I can, never said I would, with that said, just because some feel its detrimental doesnt mean it is. I have no proof other than here say via what I have read/heard. I have never used it so I cant speak any further to it. I dont think it would be kosher to throw names out unless I have permission. :D I will share this the breeders I spoke of are on the left side of the big pond
I hear that, respectable. Well I'll be giving you all a report on the results. So far incredible.! And great customer service! We shall see...

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

See you're TopDressing.!!! You are Adding nutrients fertilizers During grow. It's the Same thing I'm doing but it's A Fermented Processed Organic Bottled nutrient.

Comparing Bio Bizz to topdressing with kelp and neem is no comparison at all but not really worth debating.

This is my point. Chelating happens at different rates, and so instead of relying Solely on waiting for the microbes to break down all the meals and minerals, I'm providing Immediate nutrients AS WELL as the Amendments in the soil.
All of you act like I haven't been doing ROLS... I've been doing it for 2.5 years. Just tired of wimpy results. I want Weight not half the amount with a "better tasting" product, I Know the taste is going to be the same but I'll have double the weight.!

I'm really confused as to what your purpose is of making this thread ? At first I thought the title was a topic you wanted to discuss but it seems you want to argue that your way is better maybe ? I don't get it.

It sounds to me like you had a bad experience because you used a inferior humus base. If you had premium compost in your soil you wouldn't need to use additives and WAIT for things to become available, your soil would be thriving.

I understand the age old debate about yield being less but have you ever read into the research done at Rodale between organic and convential farming ?

S

slap14

I'm really confused as to what your purpose is of making this thread ? At first I thought the title was a topic you wanted to discuss but it seems you want to argue that your way is better maybe ? I don't get it.

Yea this thread started off great but it has gone south fast.

@cannakis If you want to grow quasi organic (Soup Style) that's great and fine but don't be upset or defensive when people say "hey that's not really organic" because it's not the same. I'm sure your meds will be great and you should be proud of the work you put it. However try not to be critical of the people you asked a question of.

Good luck boss

Slap

cannakis

cannakis

Comparing Bio Bizz to topdressing with kelp and neem is no comparison at all but not really worth debating.

It sounds to me like you had a bad experience because you used a inferior humus base. If you had premium compost in your soil you wouldn't need to use additives and WAIT for things to become available, your soil would be thriving.

I understand the age old debate about yield being less but have you ever read into the research done at Rodale between organic and convential farming ?
Yes I have great information and research. Proving after 30 years orgsnics Can out produce conventional farming. But I'm not using chemicals. Completely different. And I'd bet money Rodale still uses teas and certain organic pesticides and herbicides.
Yea this thread started off great but it has gone south fast.

@cannakis If you want to grow quasi organic (Soup Style) that's great and fine but don't be upset or defensive when people say "hey that's not really organic" because it's not the same. I'm sure your meds will be great and you should be proud of the work you put it. However try not to be critical of the people you asked a question of.

Good luck boss

Slap
thanks. I'm just debating the topic. Just because people provide answers doesn't mean I can question. It was started weeks ago to decide if I should buy BioBizz and has picked up steam the past week

HippyFarmerT

HippyFarmerT

When did teas fall into the non organic category? Rodale is an excellent source and id recommend looking into them before assuming abput them. And also I think people are really confused on your stance? You wanted to know if true organics are possible now you want to know why biobizz isn't widely considered the best? I'm just trying to get things straight. I really try to do things as unbiasedly as possible and from all I've read and heard, biobizz truly is the best option for producing the flavor and smells of organic with the "yield advantages" of bottles. My personal beef is the fact that it is a bottled nutrient line. Meaning no matter what, there's some amount of some filler\water\etc. Also meaning that you need to continually buy nutrients. I'm not saying it's a waste, but I don't enjoy spending hundreds per year on nutrients. Not that i can't or that I have anything against those growers that do, but in my personal experience, I get better bud quality by quite a bit with ~10% less yield than my hps\bottled orgsnics friend(s). I spend probably almost nothing per cycle on my soil in the form of nutes. Using teas\vermicompost compared to his bottles.

Ecompost

Ecompost

When did teas fall into the non organic category? Rodale is an excellent source and id recommend looking into them before assuming abput them. And also I think people are really confused on your stance? You wanted to know if true organics are possible now you want to know why biobizz isn't widely considered the best? I'm just trying to get things straight. I really try to do things as unbiasedly as possible and from all I've read and heard, biobizz truly is the best option for producing the flavor and smells of organic with the "yield advantages" of bottles. My personal beef is the fact that it is a bottled nutrient line. Meaning no matter what, there's some amount of some filler\water\etc. Also meaning that you need to continually buy nutrients. I'm not saying it's a waste, but I don't enjoy spending hundreds per year on nutrients. Not that i can't or that I have anything against those growers that do, but in my personal experience, I get better bud quality by quite a bit with ~10% less yield than my hps\bottled orgsnics friend(s). I spend probably almost nothing per cycle on my soil in the form of nutes. Using teas\vermicompost compared to his bottles.
are Rodale still using Tea? I thought they had put it to bed as an IPM at least? I use teas to make my nutes go further, good grade Organics is like high grade MJ, its pricey :-)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I hear that, respectable. Well I'll be giving you all a report on the results. So far incredible.! And great customer service! We shall see...
Each to their own bro. Wasn't really trying to dissuade anyone. I live by the motto if it works for you, "work it" :D And again, I haven't had any first hand with BioB, was throwing stuff out for a second look. Much love man.... I hope you frikkn kill it......... Dont care what you use as long as your happy at the finish line!!!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Each to their own bro. Wasn't really trying to dissuade anyone. I live by the motto if it works for you, "work it" :D And again, I haven't had any first hand with BioB, was throwing stuff out for a second look. Much love man.... I hope you frikkn kill it......... Dont care what you use as long as your happy at the finish line!!!
that is the only path :-) well said bro

cannakis

cannakis

But you're still amending the soil. How much do you spend on amendments each year honestly.?

Honestly I think a big part of my ROLS was I was amending Too much. But still for now I'm done with building my soul Promux with some of super and then after a couple runs I'll amend with dry molasses, lime, and black Kow.

I was just saying Only an amended soil produces less than Adding nutrients during the flower.

And wasn't bashing Rodale I was just saying they use "liquid" ferts in the form of teas.

cannakis

cannakis

are Rodale still using Tea? I thought they had put it to bed as an IPM at least? I use teas to make my nutes go further, good grade Organics is like high grade MJ, its pricey :)
They did? Can you provide link?

S

slap14

Sounds like they are definitely discouraging the use of molasses in the tea brews. There have been quite a few people stating that for a while now. It does make sense.

@Ecompost - Thanks for the article

Slap

Ecompost

Ecompost

Sounds like they are definitely discouraging the use of molasses in the tea brews. There have been quite a few people stating that for a while now. It does make sense.

@Ecompost - Thanks for the article

Slap
The biggest issue with it on no till or high SOM base is the placement of teas as a soil drench along side soil residues already high in carbons. High organic matter with excess carbons via BSM may add to an overall tying of N as in the case of immobilization, or the temporary tying up of inorganic nitrogen by soil microorganisms decomposing plant residues and the related slow rates of decay on high Carbon inputs. Although not strictly a loss process. Immobilized nitrogen will be unavailable to plants for a time, but will eventually become available as residue decomposition proceeds and populations of microorganisms decline, hence why I brew protozoa teas to speed to release via cycling and predation.
I think the article is refer high SOM so anyone in Soil-Less should take this with a pinch of salt and maintain a good Carbon to Nitrogen ratio via BSM or other Carbs or you may as well go pure synth without any holding capacity for organics. So long as the N is added for the Bio and this isnt eating in to the plants needs, we are good.
Fertilizer nitrogen immobilization can be reduced by placing fertilizers below crop residues instead of incorporating fertilizer into the soil with residue as happens with most tea application...EG get a fat injection needle or bottom feed from a tray :-)
Soil organic matter contains an average of about 50 percent carbon and 5 percent nitrogen. This ratio (10:1) is relatively constant for organic matter. The C:N ratio of plant residue ranges from 10:1 for young leguminous plant tissue to as high as 200:1 for straw of some grains. Plant tissues low in nitrogen generally are more resistant to decomposition and require a longer time before the nitrogen is available to plants.

When a plant residue with a wide C:N ratio is incorporated into the soil, microbial decomposition starts. Microorganism populations increase greatly, evidenced by increased release of CO2 leaving the soil through respiration. The microorganisms take nitrogen from the soil for proteins. Consequently, for a time the concentration of inorganic nitrogen in the soil declines, and may be deficient for plant growth. As residue decomposes, the C:N ratio narrows. At a ratio of approximately 17:1, nitrogen becomes available for plant use. Decomposition continues until the ratio is approximately 11:1 or 10:1. Excessive adds of C would delay this process and cause more long ranging defs imo.

Eco

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Amending is a part of organic gardening, we are trying to mimic nature in a artificial environment. Of course inputs have to be added, what is it that your trying to argue ? In nature there is something called nutrient cycling. Leaves and debris cover the soil, decompose and become apart of the soil food web and feeds the soil/plants. Is that cheating too ? LMAO your a character bro I tell ya.

But you're still amending the soil. How much do you spend on amendments each year honestly.?

Honestly I think a big part of my ROLS was I was amending Too much. But still for now I'm done with building my soul Promux with some of super and then after a couple runs I'll amend with dry molasses, lime, and black Kow.

I was just saying Only an amended soil produces less than Adding nutrients during the flower.

And wasn't bashing Rodale I was just saying they use "liquid" ferts in the form of teas.

Top Bottom