Is Smoking Flower Dead?

• Thread starter Two.Bears
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCdurk

THCdurk

Flowers all day wax makes me die from coughing so much and thr high isnt even all that dont last long for me. Imo

guymandude

guymandude

I shoudl add that i do blast my own shatter. I'll give a little to a friend or two then melt the rest into butter and make cookies. My cookies are very very good, both in flavor (everything from scratch, organic when possible), and in potency

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

How long have you been using concentrates @Two.Bears cause like many have said already. Tolerance if I smoke concentrate for a month straight pretty much nothing gets me high except more concentrate. with flower I always get a nice buzz and just change strains for a week when tolerance never goes crazy. Concentrates seem to just move thc levels to unreasonable levels.

Also I get stupid on concentrates and especially edibles which I don't do. Where with flower I am able to SAFELY operate machinery and walk straight and form mostly complete sentences lol I can't do that with concentrate especially drive a vehicle on public streets. (I could and have, but judgement was severely impared, if I would have pulled me over I'd arrest myself no doubt)
Been using concentrates about a year.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I shoudl add that i do blast my own shatter. I'll give a little to a friend or two then melt the rest into butter and make cookies. My cookies are very very good, both in flavor (everything from scratch, organic when possible), and in potency
You be careful blasting your shatter there are a LOT of statistics out there.

The Terps

The Terps

@Two.Bears I think you do a much better job regulating how much you consume it only takes a lil to derail my day

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

heat press it and smoke the oil,the best IMO. and clean and easy on the lungs.
I agree. The only problem is pressing leaves behind 20-50% of the cannabinoids.

I say press then Grind up the Rosin chips and extract the rest with alcohol.

Graywolf

Graywolf

There are people that are die hard flower fans, and there are people that prefer the concentrates?

Which side of the debate are you on?

Me; well i am of the opinion that flower is dead. Here is my conclusion.

A. Flower dries out and not good to smoke. A good concentrate can be good a year or more.

B. Smoking you inhale the cannabinoids along with potassium nitrate, clorophyll, lipids, alkaloids, carbon monoxide, etc.

A concentrate has

NO combustion
No smoke
Some people take 1/2 gram dabs in one inhalation. That is like smoking about 4 joints.

Why do i say this? I have made extracts via Hash, QWEHO, and the QWISO methods.

99% isopropyl extracts 17.2-24.5%. About the same as butane extractions. 3.5 grams (1/8 Oz) yields .5-.7 grams of concentrate depending on the strain.

Concentrates require much less space than flower. 1 gram concentrate takes about as much space as a Nickel in your pocket, and has the cannabinoids as 6.5-7 grams of flower.

Lastly concentrates have never been easier to come by.

One bennefit is Concentrates can be made fron tge buds, trim, leaves and stems. Here in AZ 7 grams flowers cost. $90-100 at dispensary 1 gram shatter costs $40-55

This is only a partial list of concentrates that i know.

a. Dry sift
b. Bubble Hash
c. Pressing Rosin
d. QWEHO (Quick Wash Ethanol Hash Oil)
e. QWISO (Quick Wash ISOpropyl
f. BHO (Butane Honey Oil)
g. RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)
h. CO2
i. Namptha
J. Hexane

Here are the methods i use and prefer

1. Dry sift to get the resin heads then press Rosin.

This has 0 Solvents

2. There is always cannabinoids left behind when you press Rosin. I put the packets of resin heads pressed for Rosin in a jar. When the jar is half full i pour 99% isopropyl over everything to dissolve the remaining cannabinoids. Filter out the packets and winterize the liquid to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids.

Always before i boiled off the alcohol. After i get moved i plan to buy either a water or essential oil still to reclaim about 90% of my Solvent before the final purge.

I have vaporized bho, QWEHO, and QWISO.

From my experience i prefer the QWISO. Once winterized and purged correctly the vapor is less harsh than BHO

The effects are as good as BHO. Unfortunately the flavor isnt as good as BHO but the vapor isnt as harsh on the throat and lungs as BHO.

I no longer combust plant material, because it gave me chronic bronchitis.
I no longer combust anything, because of the free radicals and other carcinogenic byproducts of pyrolysis.
I switched to dabbing, which reduced my coughing, but didn't cure the COPD.

I've dabbed most of the concentrates, and note that there are two types of harshness. One is from the inclusion of harsh non targeted elements like water solubles, and C-30 sized molecules, and the other is from the inclusion of targeted monoterpenes that are expectorants.

The smoothest to vaporize is possibly a tossup between THC-OA (THC Acetate) and THC-a crystals (C-22), or Royal Jelly, which is a mixture of Clear concentrate, and THC-a crystals, followed by Clear concentrate alone, which is the center C-21 Phenolic Diterpenoid fraction from short path or molecular distillation.

The THC-OA has its own unique altered state of consciousness, and the Royal Jelly is a highly effective medication, but has none of the medicinal or altered state properties that their entourage adds.

For instance, b-Myrcene is a couch lock all by itself, while d-Limonene is an upper, as is a-Pinene, and Eucalyptol, etc.

Though a stimulant, a-Pinene for instance, is also a Bronchodilator and expectorant.

All add both desirable entourage effect and some degree of harshness.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

@Two.Bears I think you do a much better job regulating how much you consume it only takes a lil to derail my day

Terps. I use an eJuice made with Kief to deal with the pain and still functional during the day.

About 45 minutes before bed i have a home made edible made from flower (i just can't smoke it) then just before bed i take two drags on my wax Atomizer. Thus is all i need to be medicated untill the edible kicks in anf keeps me medicated.

That is what works for me.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I take two dabs in the morning
I smoke two joint at night
I take two dabs in the afternoon
they both make me feel all right

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I no longer combust plant material, because it gave me chronic bronchitis.
I no longer combust anything, because of the free radicals and other carcinogenic byproducts of pyrolysis.
I switched to dabbing, which reduced my coughing, but didn't cure the COPD.

I've dabbed most of the concentrates, and note that there are two types of harshness. One is from the inclusion of harsh non targeted elements like water solubles, and C-30 sized molecules, and the other is from the inclusion of targeted monoterpenes that are expectorants.

The smoothest to vaporize is possibly a tossup between THC-OA (THC Acetate) and THC-a crystals (C-22), or Royal Jelly, which is a mixture of Clear concentrate, and THC-a crystals, followed by Clear concentrate alone, which is the center C-21 Phenolic Diterpenoid fraction from short path or molecular distillation.

The THC-OA has its own unique altered state of consciousness, and the Royal Jelly is a highly effective medication, but has none of the medicinal or altered state properties that their entourage adds.

For instance, b-Myrcene is a couch lock all by itself, while d-Limonene is an upper, as is a-Pinene, and Eucalyptol, etc.

Though a stimulant, a-Pinene for instance, is also a Bronchodilator and expectorant.

All add both desirable entourage effect and some degree of harshness.

That is EXACTLY why i make and use QWISO. I winterize tge liquid to remove the clorophyll fats lipids and solids that irritates my throat and lungs.

I can take 2-3 drags on flower and I cough for about a minute or two with my throat and lungs on fire.

I take 2 drags on BHO and cough 20-30 seconds.

2 drags winterized QWISO I hardly cough at all.

scoop

scoop

Terps. I use an eJuice made with Kief to deal with the pain and still functional during the day.

About 45 minutes before bed i have a home made edible made from flower (i just can't smoke it) then just before bed i take two drags on my wax Atomizer. Thus is all i need to be medicated untill the edible kicks in anf keeps me medicated.

That is what works for me.

We are certainly all wired differently. "Edibles" made from flower OR hash do nothing in my system. I can munch them cookies/brownies/yaddayadda all day. IF it does anything it just makes me hungry for more cookies....

yet I've seen folks damn near fail to function on one of the same cookies....

I'll have enough hash from this years harvest to give it all another go....but for the most part...all I've developed is a taste for weed in cookies..... (used to hate it...now think it goes well with chocolate)

nothing gets in there like smoking does.... but again...that's just me and you are obviously different.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

We are certainly all wired differently. "Edibles" made from flower OR hash do nothing in my system. I can munch them cookies/brownies/yaddayadda all day. IF it does anything it just makes me hungry for more cookies....

I'll have enough hash from this years harvest to give it all another go....but for the most part...all I've developed is a taste for weed in cookies..... (used to hate it...now think it goes well with chocolate)

nothing gets in there like smoking does.... but again...that's just me and you are obviously different.

When you eat an edible it is processed through the liver, and everyones metabolism is different.

Usually it takes 45 minutes-2 hours for the cannabinoids to get out into the blood stream. That ID why so many people don't like edibles. Then say a person has abused their liver with alcohol, has Hepatitis, etc it can take longer. For me it takes a good 60-90 minutes before anything.

Thats why i use a concentrate in a wax vaporizer to get medicated until my edible kicks in. (Usually about tge time or after i fall asleep.

With 38 years of smoking cigaretes and seasonal asthma and going on 62 years old. I just can't smoke the flower. Its just too painful to my throat and lungs.

scoop

scoop

With 45 years of daily smoking...I just don't think there's enough "oooomph" in "edibles" to flip the switch....but that's just my opinion. I think it's about tolerances more than anything else. I still get "high" smoking....but it's not that old "high school" high where you'd be immobilized/almost tripping/etc.

I wish it worked for me...... but so far.... nope.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

There are people that are die hard flower fans, and there are people that prefer the concentrates?

Which side of the debate are you on?

Me; well i am of the opinion that flower is dead. Here is my conclusion.

A. Flower dries out and not good to smoke. A good concentrate can be good a year or more.

B. Smoking you inhale the cannabinoids along with potassium nitrate, clorophyll, lipids, alkaloids, carbon monoxide, etc.

A concentrate has

NO combustion
No smoke
Some people take 1/2 gram dabs in one inhalation. That is like smoking about 4 joints.

Why do i say this? I have made extracts via Hash, QWEHO, and the QWISO methods.

99% isopropyl extracts 17.2-24.5%. About the same as butane extractions. 3.5 grams (1/8 Oz) yields .5-.7 grams of concentrate depending on the strain.

Concentrates require much less space than flower. 1 gram concentrate takes about as much space as a Nickel in your pocket, and has the cannabinoids as 6.5-7 grams of flower.

Lastly concentrates have never been easier to come by.

One bennefit is Concentrates can be made fron tge buds, trim, leaves and stems. Here in AZ 7 grams flowers cost. $90-100 at dispensary 1 gram shatter costs $40-55

This is only a partial list of concentrates that i know.

a. Dry sift
b. Bubble Hash
c. Pressing Rosin
d. QWEHO (Quick Wash Ethanol Hash Oil)
e. QWISO (Quick Wash ISOpropyl
f. BHO (Butane Honey Oil)
g. RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)
h. CO2
i. Namptha
J. Hexane

Here are the methods i use and prefer

1. Dry sift to get the resin heads then press Rosin.

This has 0 Solvents

2. There is always cannabinoids left behind when you press Rosin. I put the packets of resin heads pressed for Rosin in a jar. When the jar is half full i pour 99% isopropyl over everything to dissolve the remaining cannabinoids. Filter out the packets and winterize the liquid to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids.

Always before i boiled off the alcohol. After i get moved i plan to buy either a water or essential oil still to reclaim about 90% of my Solvent before the final purge.

I have vaporized bho, QWEHO, and QWISO.

From my experience i prefer the QWISO. Once winterized and purged correctly the vapor is less harsh than BHO

The effects are as good as BHO. Unfortunately the flavor isnt as good as BHO but the vapor isnt as harsh on the throat and lungs as BHO.
All valid points but smoking flowers will never die imho

M

MamaBear

Add 1 more for flowers. I like the "full flavor" of smoking flowers. Lot of terpenes get destroyed when turning into concentrates.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Eat my edibles and it will change your outlook on edibles from now on. I only use extracts and know (within 10% thc) how potent they will be. I only dab, and my tollerance is very high. One of my edibles will kick my ass for 5 hrs. Wave after wave, it's like a tsunamis for 5 hrs. Enjoyable of course. I go thru about 4 dozen + a month for the past 4 yrs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think that it's clear that, just as when electronic drums and such came onto the music scene and caused a hubbub, "Oh! Acoustic is going to die!" flowers will never truly go away. :)

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I think that it's clear that, just as when electronic drums and such came onto the music scene and caused a hubbub, "Oh! Acoustic is going to die!" flowers will never truly go away. :)
I know flowers will never go away. You have to have them for concentrates, and edibles.

I was talking about smoking the flower.

Top Bottom