Is Smoking Flower Dead?

• Thread starter Two.Bears
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

@Two.Bears thanks but no. you don't know what I have inhaled don't assume I smoke swag cause I cough hard. I take small controlled flower rips. Any decent size dab will make me sweat and cough. 0 ppm winterized, rosin never tried alcohol based but co2 all the same big hash hits... lung collapsing sweats. Again I don't think they are bad but for me flower is preferred.

If flower works for you thats great. O can't stand smoking flower Or dabbing BHO. Both of them set my throat and lungs on fire.

Winterizing the QWISO gives a much smoother hit. At least that is what works for me.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Green dragon can be evaporated down and dabbed, or can be diluted, flavored & sweetened... I plan to make mine, store it in the freezer until ready to use. Add distilled water, peppermint oil & light corn syrup... Green Peppermint schnapps.
How do you use the green dragon. I tried s tincture but didn't like so much alcohol. So i purge till a concentrate snd dab it.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I prefer flower nothing like a properly rolled joint . I also really like blunts when in out on the town partying it up. I love bubble and keif on top of a bong bowl. When I do dabs its usually for a week or 2 of straight dabs no flower .

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Green dragon can be evaporated down and dabbed, or can be diluted, flavored & sweetened... I plan to make mine, store it in the freezer until ready to use. Add distilled water, peppermint oil & light corn syrup... Green Peppermint schnapps.
That is either QWISO or QWEHO depending if you use isopropyl or ethanol to extract the cannabinoids.

Hendrix

Hendrix

There are people that are die hard flower fans, and there are people that prefer the concentrates?

Which side of the debate are you on?

Me; well i am of the opinion that flower is dead. Here is my conclusion.

A. Flower dries out and not good to smoke. A good concentrate can be good a year or more.

B. Smoking you inhale the cannabinoids along with potassium nitrate, clorophyll, lipids, alkaloids, carbon monoxide, etc.

A concentrate has

NO combustion
No smoke
Some people take 1/2 gram dabs in one inhalation. That is like smoking about 4 joints.

Why do i say this? I have made extracts via Hash, QWEHO, and the QWISO methods.

99% isopropyl extracts 17.2-24.5%. About the same as butane extractions. 3.5 grams (1/8 Oz) yields .5-.7 grams of concentrate depending on the strain.

Concentrates require much less space than flower. 1 gram concentrate takes about as much space as a Nickel in your pocket, and has the cannabinoids as 6.5-7 grams of flower.

Lastly concentrates have never been easier to come by.

One bennefit is Concentrates can be made fron tge buds, trim, leaves and stems. Here in AZ 7 grams flowers cost. $90-100 at dispensary 1 gram shatter costs $40-55

This is only a partial list of concentrates that i know.

a. Dry sift
b. Bubble Hash
c. Pressing Rosin
d. QWEHO (Quick Wash Ethanol Hash Oil)
e. QWISO (Quick Wash ISOpropyl
f. BHO (Butane Honey Oil)
g. RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)
h. CO2
i. Namptha
J. Hexane

Here are the methods i use and prefer

1. Dry sift to get the resin heads then press Rosin.

This has 0 Solvents

2. There is always cannabinoids left behind when you press Rosin. I put the packets of resin heads pressed for Rosin in a jar. When the jar is half full i pour 99% isopropyl over everything to dissolve the remaining cannabinoids. Filter out the packets and winterize the liquid to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids.

Always before i boiled off the alcohol. After i get moved i plan to buy either a water or essential oil still to reclaim about 90% of my Solvent before the final purge.

I have vaporized bho, QWEHO, and QWISO.

From my experience i prefer the QWISO. Once winterized and purged correctly the vapor is less harsh than BHO

The effects are as good as BHO. Unfortunately the flavor isnt as good as BHO but the vapor isnt as harsh on the throat and lungs as BHO.
Flowers for the past 40 yrs

Natural

Natural

flowers foremost for me..wax is becoming abundant in illegal states..easier to ship.
No wax or flower is removed from being harsh or smooth...or more potent. I've definitely experienced both sides of the spectrum for both. Wax has a flat dimension to the buzz after a period of time for me..I get more of an entourage effect from top shelf flowers than I do from wax..even if produced from the same flowers.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
There are people that are die hard flower fans, and there are people that prefer the concentrates?

Which side of the debate are you on?

Me; well i am of the opinion that flower is dead. Here is my conclusion.

A. Flower dries out and not good to smoke. A good concentrate can be good a year or more.

B. Smoking you inhale the cannabinoids along with potassium nitrate, clorophyll, lipids, alkaloids, carbon monoxide, etc.

A concentrate has

NO combustion
No smoke
Some people take 1/2 gram dabs in one inhalation. That is like smoking about 4 joints.

Why do i say this? I have made extracts via Hash, QWEHO, and the QWISO methods.

99% isopropyl extracts 17.2-24.5%. About the same as butane extractions. 3.5 grams (1/8 Oz) yields .5-.7 grams of concentrate depending on the strain.

Concentrates require much less space than flower. 1 gram concentrate takes about as much space as a Nickel in your pocket, and has the cannabinoids as 6.5-7 grams of flower.

Lastly concentrates have never been easier to come by.

One bennefit is Concentrates can be made fron tge buds, trim, leaves and stems. Here in AZ 7 grams flowers cost. $90-100 at dispensary 1 gram shatter costs $40-55

This is only a partial list of concentrates that i know.

a. Dry sift
b. Bubble Hash
c. Pressing Rosin
d. QWEHO (Quick Wash Ethanol Hash Oil)
e. QWISO (Quick Wash ISOpropyl
f. BHO (Butane Honey Oil)
g. RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)
h. CO2
i. Namptha
J. Hexane

Here are the methods i use and prefer

1. Dry sift to get the resin heads then press Rosin.

This has 0 Solvents

2. There is always cannabinoids left behind when you press Rosin. I put the packets of resin heads pressed for Rosin in a jar. When the jar is half full i pour 99% isopropyl over everything to dissolve the remaining cannabinoids. Filter out the packets and winterize the liquid to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids.

Always before i boiled off the alcohol. After i get moved i plan to buy either a water or essential oil still to reclaim about 90% of my Solvent before the final purge.

I have vaporized bho, QWEHO, and QWISO.

From my experience i prefer the QWISO. Once winterized and purged correctly the vapor is less harsh than BHO

The effects are as good as BHO. Unfortunately the flavor isnt as good as BHO but the vapor isnt as harsh on the throat and lungs as BHO.
Can't see the point of going to all that trouble, the flavour of the flower is part of the journey of the growing why turn the flavour bad by the process you use , it's just a simple weed with unbelievable property's . Flowers all the way .

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My flower solventless rosin extracts are pretty tasty. Low heat = more flavor. Higher heat = less flavor but more stable extract.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Can't see the point of going to all that trouble, the flavour of the flower is part of the journey of the growing why turn the flavour bad by the process you use , it's just a simple weed with unbelievable property's . Flowers all the way .

I use concentrates Medically to treat my Crohns disease. I also have asthma and smoking flower sets my throat and lungs on fire.

I winterize my QWISO to give me a smoother vape. I just take a couple drags to start working until my edible takes over.

11 1/2-12 years ago i was having 3-4 flares a week.

With flower it really irritated my throat and lungs, and was able to go 4-5 weeks between flares. With concentrates i am going 3-4 1/2 months between flares, abd less irritation to my throat and lungs

guymandude

guymandude

I like to compare the two like this: forgive the alcohol comparison)

There's wine (box), good wine ($20 California Cabernet), very fine wine (expertly grown, hand selected and picked grapes expertly made into the best wine ), and then there's whiskey (hash), single barrel (shatter, wax, etc), and single barrel aged for 24 years (shatter, wax, rosin, resin from expertly grown, harvested cured, and then expertly extracted)

I like whiskey once in a while.
but
I love wine. I am what people would call a wine snob. I love a great 20 year old cabernet, a 15 year old Brunello or Barolo, Chateaunuf du Pape, Cotes du Rhone, fantastic stuff. I look at my cannabis the same. A beautiful wine will have intricate flavors that make you think of where the grapes were grown, how they were harvested, how the wine was made - from cooked strawberries, musty forest floor, vanilla, baking spices, etc. You sip and enjoy with finely prepared food (or not).
Cannabis, when proper, will have very intricate flavors and effects. Much like a fine wine.The Blackberry Kush I grew literally has a mouth feel and taste like blackberry syrup, although not quite as sweet, with some savory components like someone had mixed fresh Thyme or perhaps Sage into that syrup and a hint of lime at the end. The buzz is mellow, happy, makes me want to dance the goofy white hippy dance whenever a good tune comes on. It's great going to a show or the bar smoke. I love that.

I dont want to be sterotypical stoner wasted all the time. I have friends who literally cannot enjoy flowers any longer because they smoke so much oil. It truly makes me sad.

I do like a dab after a night of smoking flowers at the bar or at a party or concert. It's a nice way to end the evening. But I'll never be an all day dabber

to each their own

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Love flowers! Dabs are ok, but flowers blow it away in taste and effect. Personally don't no anyone that dabs.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Dabs and flowers. Rosin dabs

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Flowers in my camp. Along with homemade edibles. I'll do hash or hashoil but only on rare occasion. I get a tolerance too quickly with dabbn
You took the words right outta my mouth Jumpin ,lol. I smoke as much doing dabs as flowers. Plus i have enough probs with expansion already. lol. i'll smoke someones dabs if offered but really could give a fuck !

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

You should have done a poll! Add me for flowers. I'm just kinda old school, ya know? Not throwing shade on dabs or those who prefer them, it's just my own preference.

A friend of mine went from flowers to using a wax atomizer just to save money. He was spending $90 a week. Now he spends $36-40 for two weeks.

I just can't smoke the flower. Too much pain in my throat and lungs

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I don't think it will ever die. To a lot of people it would be to complicated to make their own concentrate. Their are people out their who don't have much time invested (just plant and grow au natural) and would never want to make it harder to smoke. Growing indoors can be complicated enough. I also agree about the full spectrum of terps from the full flower. Different ratios will drastically change the buzz, as well as everyone's endocrine system is different, meaning that same ratios smoked by different people can be felt differently between the persons. It's all about finding your strain.

The Terps

The Terps

How long have you been using concentrates @Two.Bears cause like many have said already. Tolerance if I smoke concentrate for a month straight pretty much nothing gets me high except more concentrate. with flower I always get a nice buzz and just change strains for a week when tolerance never goes crazy. Concentrates seem to just move thc levels to unreasonable levels.

Also I get stupid on concentrates and especially edibles which I don't do. Where with flower I am able to SAFELY operate machinery and walk straight and form mostly complete sentences lol I can't do that with concentrate especially drive a vehicle on public streets. (I could and have, but judgement was severely impared, if I would have pulled me over I'd arrest myself no doubt)

Top Bottom