Is this a Nitrogen deficiency?

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Yeah see.. that dont look like first few pics lol.. that looks like a horror story lol..
And honestly looks like light burn.. it looks like just the top leaves.. soo you can narrow it down a bit there atleast..
Idk.. though.. looks bad =/
That last leaf thats white looks like powder mildew though..
Should I just toss this one in the trash?

jamk911

jamk911

Id just flush it then give em half strength nutrients ..and let her fight for herself lol..
I really think it can turn around if done right..
Its just soo hard to determine exact issues w these plants.. when soo many problems manifest the same way.. theres like 4 colors red, yellow, purple, orange.. and either top or bottom .. yet 100 ways each color could happen .. so its sometimes hit or miss.. trial and error to find out whats wrong..
But these plants recover from alot of punishment.. ive dropped my light on my plants.. nute burned em.. snapped branches tryna supercrop.. and still flourish..
So idk.. she very well may recover and be fine down the road.. probably 50 50 right now though .. cause thats a fullblown illness.. not just a minor couple leaves

20200830 060623
20200830 060243
20200830 060834
20200830 060834
20200830 060647
20200830 060247
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Should I just toss this one in the trash?
That plant is showing septoria
Screenshot 20200831 082045 Photo Editor

and a mildew
Screenshot 20200831 082058 Photo Editor

Tossing it is not going to stop the other plants from getting it because even now they have it although you might not be seeing it manifest yet

Recommend you treat them all with one level tablespoon of baking soda per gallon of water asap

but recommend using liquid copper fungicide for a better and more lasting remedy; apply as recommended on bottle for tomatoes

Edit: also strongly recommend increasing air flow; I use three fans in every tent

Last edited:
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

That plant is showing septoria
View attachment 1023750

and a mildew
View attachment 1023751

Tossing it is not going to stop the other plants from getting it because even now they have it although you might not be seeing it manifest yet

Recommend you treat them all with one level tablespoon of baking soda per gallon of water asap

but recommend using liquid copper fungicide for a better and more lasting remedy; apply as recommended on bottle for tomatoes

Edit: also strongly recommend increasing air flow; I use three fans in every tent
Spray the leaves or water it with the baking soda water?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Spray the leaves or water it with the baking soda water?
Spray bottoms and then tops of the leaves try to do it just before lights off or turn your lights way down or shut them off and just use that room lights you don't want to put sprayed plants directly under lights although as far as I know baking soda won't burn them it's still not good practice, and if you get the Liquid copper fungicide do not spray that with the lights on

and you're going to need to start reading because you've got serious issues going on and you may still lose plants or even the whole garden so if you're interested in stopping this you're going to need to read up on both white powdery mildew and septoria and proper ventilation I don't mean that in a bad way but I've dealt with both of these issues and they're both pretty serious threats to your garden

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

My temp and humidity are in check. No clue why I would get Mildew and Septoria.

7D4E23F5 13CA 4AA5 8EA9 47E7F181B643
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My temp and humidity are in check. No clue why I would get Mildew and Septoria.
You're looking at it the wrong way friend, it doesn't matter what that chart says or what you think you're temperatures and humidity are

all it takes is a spike in humidity and a sick or weak plant to let it get established and then it's Off to the Races and your chart doesn't mean anything as you can see because you currently have both these issues; that's why I said you need to read, good luck.

jamk911

jamk911

Im gonna be honest...shit just happens man.. no matter how hard you try.. how much you prep.. shit can ultimately just happen.. ive actually seen people who OD care for their plants seem to have more issues than people who just half ass it ..
Im being 100% honest here.. although prepping.. and keeping things dialed in obviously cannot hurt..
For instance...This grow... i havent done shit.. i havent check ph.. dont have a thermometer.. ph tester.. humidity tester.. dehumidifier.. humidifier .. etc..
Just plants in 5 gallon pickle buckets from a local restuarant..in a 2 x 4 closet... a cheap Niello 600w cob led.. some cheap wal mart fertilizer.. and tiger bloom for flower..tap water.. and oh my wife had molasses I use now lol.. it was my stipulation.. i can grow.. but past the light and tiger bloom i snuck in .. keep it hidden and no costs lol..
And thus far.. i have really had almost no issues.. my plants are literally 6 feet tall.. and flowering well..
My point is.. dont take it as you did something wrong... people can get lucky .. like i have, or vice versa.. people dialed in can get unlucky.. apparently like you.. that plant may have just entered this world unhealthy.. we will never know..
But definately treat that possible mildew situation throughout the room just to be safe.. then regardless of anything.. the safest way at this point to cover all problems on your end..just flush heavy.. and use a half strength nutrient and let it dry.. a fresh soil composition can sometimes do wonders..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Blight is a general term for a fungal infection. Including septoria and may others.

Personally I have not had to deal with it. Hopefully some can chime in to give you a treatment plan.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Beachwalker is right. Its all aboit airflow and humidity spikes and many other reasons. Generally still air with temps between 50-70f and risk increases with humidity directly at the leaf not the room. Its the microclimate around the leaf you need to worry about. Also condensation or leaf transpiration causing condensate when they are stacking or very dense plant growth.... air movement is key to prevent it.

With good airflow and healthy plants its likely you will never see it.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

I did what he said and sprayed the hell out of the top and bottom of the leaves with a gallon of water and baking soda.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Btw, I’m in my last two weeks and flushing now. Will that make a difference in any of this?

chemistry

chemistry

Keep a close eye on your flushing as it may encourage your mould due to the extra humidity.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Also, here is the root ball. I think I need larger then 5 gallon on these auto’s since the whole damn pot was just roots and there was no free soil.

C0B61222 5ABB 4F5A 8268 FF763898E917
CB03CE9E 5BCD 4635 90E2 763A20101B9B
Top Bottom