Is this what sea of green is suppose to look like?

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha. The trap has been set.🪤
The the @Aqua Man we will catch.😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They looking very nice and level... maybe a touch of pruning depending how the airflow is under there.

But these are some very sexy ladies.

Anthem

Anthem

They looking very nice and level... maybe a touch of pruning depending how the airflow is under there.

But these are some very sexy ladies.
How much should I take off? Should I take them down to one leaf per branch?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When's the flip? That's a very debatable question.

I'd do the lollipop and take the largest oldest leaves. New growth photosynthesizes more efficiently but would not remove anything that allows light to hit the ground or pots. I also remove the fans that grow towards the middle of the plants but again always the largest if I have a choice. That's in terms of fans.

I'd pull the offshoots from the bottom up leaving 3 nodes at the growing tips and the flip. By offshoot I mean the whole thing, the side shoots off the side branching that comes off the main stem if that makes sense

That's just me and doesn't mean it's right though.

They looking very nice.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Corrected to read offshoots off the side shoots from the main stem.

Anthem

Anthem

I'd do the lollipop and take the largest oldest leaves. New growth photosynthesizes more efficiently but would not remove anything that allows light to hit the ground or pots. I also remove the fans that grow towards the middle of the plants but again always the largest if I have a choice. That's in terms of fans.

I'd pull the offshoots from the bottom up leaving 3 nodes at the growing tips and the flip. By offshoot I mean the whole thing, the side shoots off the main branching that comes off the main stem if that makes sense

They looking very nice.
They are actually 11 days into 12/12 which seems odd because they are not showing cotton balls yet. I am going to shave the legs this weekend and I am thinking about taking them down to 1 leaf per branch. I did it on the last run that will be at finishing week 6 Saturday. Different strain thou. I am really liking the heavy defoliation thing. DB kind of turned me on to it but you have to be on point with nuts, temps and CO2. But from what I have been seeing it is a plus, not a small plus either. But by the same token I might just play it safe on the first run with these genetics. I am really liking the plant structure so far.
To be honest this is the run with this strain I have not seen cotton balls by now, bu they are going to start showing any day now. might be a really nice plant!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are actually 11 days into 12/12 which seems odd because they are not showing cotton balls yet. I am going to shave the legs this weekend and I am thinking about taking them down to 1 leaf per branch. I did it on the last run that will be at finishing week 6 Saturday. Different strain thou. I am really liking the heavy defoliation thing. DB kind of turned me on to it but you have to be on point with nuts, temps and CO2. But from what I have been seeing it is a plus, not a small plus either. But by the same token I might just play it safe on the first run with these genetics. I am really liking the plant structure so far.
To be honest this is the run with this strain I have not seen cotton balls by now, bu they are going to start showing any day now. might be a really nice plant!!!
Did you hit em with P a week or so before flower?

That lil trick he shared with me really seem to speed up bud onset

Anthem

Anthem

It is really odd because with this set up the plants usually finish early. So these are g
Did you hit em with P a week or so before flower?

That lil trick he shared with me really seem to speed up bud onset
I have not tried that one. I have done it right at flip but it was hard on the plant, like yellowed up the bottom really quick. I am a little confused because this set up usually shows flower the fastest, they are under Fluence Spyder 2i's and they usually do everything faster than the Gavita 1700s or 1650s'.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Heavy defo can work, and will help you with this plant. Key is timing, me personally, and I know db is similar, defo at flip, and again after buds take hold. Day 21ish.
good luck, looks healthy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is really odd because with this set up the plants usually finish early. So these are g

I have not tried that one. I have done it right at flip but it was hard on the plant, like yellowed up the bottom really quick. I am a little confused because this set up usually shows flower the fastest, they are under Fluence Spyder 2i's and they usually do everything faster than the Gavita 1700s or 1650s'.
Just one blast with P I do a res which is about 3 days worth. Then back to veg nutes.

Anthem

Anthem

I'd pull the offshoots from the bottom up leaving 3 nodes at the growing tips and the flip. By offshoot I mean the whole thing, the side shoots off the side branching that comes off the main stem if that makes sense

They looking very nice.
This is about what I usually do.I might leave one or two more nodes.

Top Bottom