• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
IMG 20220904 075116

Betaine, suppl. food for meat cows, seems to be organically deriven/ extracted from sugar beet, unknown concentration or bysubstances, likely impure.

How much should I use in peat-based organic soil?

Interesting substance. + & - pole, "Glycine Betain" - is that a general ion chelator/ complexor?
Contains 1 N, how is the assimilation and internal processing?

EFFECTS OF DIFFERENT DOSES OF GLYCINE BETAINE AND TIME OF SPRAY APPLICATION ON YIELD OF COTTON (GOSSYPIUM HIRSUTUM L.)

Is there proof it works with weed?

R

ritoMox

We dont have proof that this works, but if we don't risk it, no biscuit.
I think that we do have the proof, found in nature: Leaf mould! I believe that the synthetics mindset prevents most from seeing it, though! As a hobbyist (no financial incentive or intent), there is no risk to it for me.👍🏻✌🏻

dbrzz

dbrzz

I run it for an hour right in the middle of lights on. I work up to that during veg until they are taking an hour a day before flip. I figure this simulates the sun being right overhead and highest concentrations of UVB in nature. Seems to work, so imma keep doing it. I've read of some people running them for 10 mins every hour or so.
UV-B light is beneficial to plant growth, however, it can destroy DNA, and is very dangerous for Melanoma, when a person is exposed to this radiation. UV-A is used by plants and will boost trich resin production. Using UV-B light to grow better buds is too dangerous IMHO. The risks of light radiation harming my body is not acceptable, especially when UVA light is much safer to be exposed to.
I think supporting the use of UVB can harm others who are not aware of the real danger to the grower, from this dangerous light spectrum radiation.
Not to mention reflected light damaging your eyes when you peek into your growtent without eye protection. Yes we all do it. Be smart, do your research.

R

ritoMox

UV-B light is beneficial to plant growth, however, it can destroy DNA, and is very dangerous for Melanoma, when a person is exposed to this radiation. UV-A is used by plants and will boost trich resin production. Using UV-B light to grow better buds is too dangerous IMHO. The risks of light radiation harming my body is not acceptable, especially when UVA light is much safer to be exposed to.
I think supporting the use of UVB can harm others who are not aware of the real danger to the grower, from this dangerous light spectrum radiation.
Not to mention reflected light damaging your eyes when you peek into your growtent without eye protection. Yes we all do it. Be smart, do your research.
The growers job is to control the environment. If the grower does not want to be exposed to any UV, then the grower makes sure that the UV lights are off when entering the growing room. We can mark that problem as solved.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I'll try a different angle.

If UV skunks weed on the vine, it would also skunk hops on the vine. It doesn't. Skunk beer is not desirable. They do everything they can to keep the skunk out.
I like skunky IPA beer sometimes, but I know what you mean. It could all be a taste preference, hence the change of terpene production using UV and not.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

There are probably 10,000 beers right now. 99% are not skunky.

brownm30

brownm30

I'm running a hps and a 13 watt uvb bulb. The plants under the uvb directly are noticeablly more sugary tricombs. The same strains farthest away have considerably less. And it's not because of lack of light. I running 1000 watt hps and 5 plants right under it.

20221211 101810
brownm30

brownm30

I'm running a hps and a 13 watt uvb bulb. The plants under the uvb directly are noticeablly more sugary tricombs. The same strains farthest away have considerably less. And it's not because of lack of light. I running 1000 watt hps and 5 plants right under it 20inches or less. Almost week 7 of flower here in 2 days. I run it the whole 12. Both lights 12 and 12

20221220 175022
brownm30

brownm30

the left is under uvb. The right is farthest away. Like 3 ft. Both gs cookies. Week 7

Trichomes
20221216 130130
brownm30

brownm30

Top pic looks far more ripe than bottom one. I do not see any more trichomes, do you?

Hard to tell because of the lighting stripe artifact, but bottom looks quite young and still 100% white pistils.
Yes it's noticeable. Those pics were 3 days ago too. The lights off now or i would go in and take a pic right now. It's a reptile bulb on a ceramic holder. I'm very pleased with the result. This was just proof of concept for me. Im convinced. I think to cover the grow entirely next time aound I'll pick up another so 2 total

brownm30

brownm30

Yes it's noticeable. Those pics were 3 days ago too. The lights off now or i would go in and take a pic right now. It's a reptile bulb on a ceramic holder. I'm very pleased right now. This was just proof of concept for me. Im convinced. I think to cover the grow entirely next time aound I'll pick up another so 2 total
15 bucks at walmart

Bellbottomgenes

Bellbottomgenes

the left is under uvb. The right is farthest away. Like 3 ft. Both gs cookies. Week 7
Not that I disagree... but.. it would be better to have an identical image to compare.. seems like the uvb pic is much closer... sort of deceiving... I'm going with the uvb by solacure.. but haven't had a chance to use it yet.. but I'm sold on the triggering uv causes in the plant to protect itself with resins.. so constant seems counterproductive... you'll want to find the trigger point... then shut off... then repeat while lights on... solacure recommended 15 on 45 off.. makes sense.. 15 on trigger... 45 off push out more to protect and not disintegrate by constant uv... otherwise maybe 2 steps forward 1 step back type deal... imo

brownm30

brownm30

Not that I disagree... but.. it would be better to have an identical image to compare.. seems like the uvb pic is much closer... sort of deceiving... I'm going with the uvb by solacure.. but haven't had a chance to use it yet.. but I'm sold on the triggering uv causes in the plant to protect itself with resins.. so constant seems counterproductive... you'll want to find the trigger point... then shut off... then repeat while lights on... solacure recommended 15 on 45 off.. makes sense.. 15 on trigger... 45 off push out more to protect and not disintegrate by constant uv... otherwise maybe 2 steps forward 1 step back type deal... imo
You can disagree thats why this is America. I have no reason to decieve. Take what i said as fact or myth i care either way. But The one pic was taken when I pulled the plant out of the tent the night before showing my friend. In my opinion 15 on 45 off is pretty dumb considering well everything in nature. Its like your saying in nature the sun shuts off uv production after 15 minutes then needs a rest apparently for the next 45? That's retarded.

(I included some lower popcorn nug shots because it's out the direct hps light.) Listen, I don't know who you hang around that lies to you all the time but I don't hang around liars and don't like being made to feel like I did. I'm telling the results as I see them in my own house. In lansing michigan. I'm 40. Own my house and car. I'm a adult I don't lie to strangers on weed forums in some pseudo pissing contest

Screenshot 20221225 232253 Gallery
20221225 091906
Last edited:
Top Bottom