Isa Pruning Techniques For The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

Well, the defoliation/topping wasnt documented as well as i would of liked, but ill post what i can, and make sure to get better pics next time...

The main goal after the topping (removal of about 80% of the top most budding site of the apical meristem) is to remove 2-6 sets of the largest leaves that are in direct cover of other top most bud sites. You can see how it opens up the plant in the pics below....

Do you have a before and after pic of the topping?

Onespark

Onespark

Subbed on this. Thanks for sharing all this info. I am tweaking my topping and pruning method's as well as shedding a few bad habits I picked up along the way. Always noticed that the trellis was key after topping to control height but now I am learning important information about the tops I never really put together before. Big respect DS. Hope you are healing up and feeling better.

G

gettogro

161694d1312275584-isa-pruning-techniques-uc-imgp3758.jpg.att

Where can I find this cage material?? Couldnt find it at HD or Lowes

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

@ around 25 days:

They are going to be defoliated 1 more time, (tomorrow), ill post after pics as well.

IMGP4121
IMGP4127
IMGP4131
IMGP4139
IMGP4141
IMGP4144
IMGP4145
IMGP4152
IMGP4155
IMGP4156
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Last round of defoliation was at @ day 26. Each plant had about 20-26 sets of leaves removed. Though the largest amount so far it still made up less then 5% of the total foliage. The goal here was to have the top 6-8 inches be pure bud, and to open the crown so some light can reach the inside buds.

PPP Before/After:

IMGP4196
IMGP4197
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Next topic up for pics will be topping, should be in a week or two.

dirk d

dirk d

Desertsquirrel man excellent job. i love everything you do. hope you get better fast bro! keep up the excellent work.

St3ve

St3ve

Looks great man, thanks for the info. Looking forward to your topping info as well.

For me, I only top once and then try to train. My last run vegged too long so this run I and experimenting with vegging an extra two weeks, and topping them several times, in several places.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Next topic up for pics will be topping, should be in a week or two.

Nice. I run 16x4x12" planters. The next run is gonna be UC. I have been seriously pondering what I am gonna do. I train and top for a 12" level, solid canopy of flowers. That isnt going to work for the new program.

I anxiously await the pics myself homie. Thanks for the detailed logs w/pics.

E

E.T.

nice work ds! loving the before/after pics. i hope others will catch on to this method...

Latest posts

Top Bottom