• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
i think my efforts turned out like yours. more of a pull and snap consistency and not a shatter. i washed with everclear. the picture below was maybe 10 grams in a 9 x 12. you can spread it super thin in a piece of parchment and freeze and get a frozen shatter but i turns into the stickest substance known to man kind as soon as it hits the air. the first picture is what one gets from a second and third wash of 3 minutes each from the same bud, dosent look as pretty but.View attachment 651675 View attachment 651672 View attachment 651674
Throw it in the freezer for use

Freshone

Freshone

Yeah I have mine in the freeze and texture is about like a fruit roll up.I didn't get around to doing my lower temp run today,ill do it tomorrow.I think I'm going to go hit it again now,lol.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yeah I have mine in the freeze and texture is about like a fruit roll up.I didn't get around to doing my lower temp run today,ill do it tomorrow.I think I'm going to go hit it again now,lol.
It should definitely be brittle after the freezer.. but if it smokes it smokes... youll see a difference with colder temps

M

mendel

What kind of product can be expected if the iso is evapped at room temp, w no heat applied? I understand the evap would be much slower, but im curious how it would affect the end product.

Freshone

Freshone

There's a thread on here
What kind of product can be expected if the iso is evapped at room temp, w no heat applied? I understand the evap would be much slower, but im curious how it would affect the end product.
Page 3 of this post boo shows how he does it that way mendel,calls it cornflakes,its dry and you can pick it up,im gonna try it that way sometime.
I did a double batch this morning GT21 style but at a lower temp,115-125 and it came together nice.

BigBun

BigBun

If u let a fan blow on it it will evaporate WAY faster even at room temperature. As for your question: less heat = better product in all categories

Some 2 week before harvest FF QWISO
Photo 2016 12 08 16 21 44

Photo 2016 12 08 16 21 40

M

mendel

Last week I added 10 g lemon sativa kief to 150 ml of 99% iso. I shook it for several minutes and filtered thru coffee filters, then put the loaded solution back into the freezer in an attempt to winterize the solution in case any impurities remained.

I will get a fan rigged up, and filter again and evap tonite and let you know how it goes. I understand I might not have had to winterize, because I already had kief as starting material, but took the extra step because I wasnt in a hurry.

Thanks for the info and pics fellas, will report back w results when were done.

Great looking stuff BigBun!

Freshone

Freshone

If u let a fan blow on it it will evaporate WAY faster even at room temperature. As for your question: less heat = better product in all categories

Some 2 week before harvest FF QWISO
View attachment 651999
View attachment 652000

That looks like what I'm getting ,mines a tad lighter.I think it's the fan too but I'm sure warmth helps though. I have a temp gun I shoot it with and the product stays in the 60s til it's almost gone,pyrex dish 70s to low 8os towards end and that is just sitting on top of a hotplate at 125 so it's not alot above room temp.

M

mendel

I ran the fan on the solution for about 3 hours last nite, then got sleepy, put everything up, and went to bed. its a think syrup consistency this morning, w a couple of cloudy areas (water I think). I have placed the pyrex on a propagation mat and reapplied the fan. Its taking its sweet time.........but its nearly clear w the exception of the water spots.

Dunge

Dunge

Recovering iso in a double boiler arrangement.
Previous trials were directly heated and all came out dark and runny.
Having just enough knowledge of chemistry to believe the fluid would not go above the 80 C boiling point of iso I estimated that no charring could occur.
Seems this was somehow wrong.
20161212 140359

Will report back with results.

PS This glassware was purchased out of Hong Kong for under $40 delivered.

M

mendel

The milky-ness is gone now, but it continues to purge (bubble). Heat gun readings of solution read 81f.

Still purging, as I read here smell was a prime indicator. There are no visible bubbles now. The goop is very thick and sticky, and almost clear, slight amber.

Also I did another solution with everclear. 150 ml ec, 10 grams of hash from the same batch, see what we like better end product wise. I will evap when the current run is done purging.

I did rub a bit on a cig, then hung it to dry for an hour then smoked it. Initial test results are favorable.....hehehe...........:drunk2:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Just takes longer to evap the booze... some will claim its more terpy if no heat is added... as long as you dont cook the shit out of it then youll end up with fire slabber. I have had some stuff from people that wanted to get all rocket surgery on it and it was still crap imo.... keep it simple... if it aint broke dont fix it.

M

mendel

heres some results.......been gone most of the day or id of replied sooner. im only now getting to check out the finished goop. here how it looks, gimme some feedback

The color is very light nearly clear. We placed globs on parchment paper and flattened it evenly, thinly. The resulting product is clear as glass. Placed in the freezer it looks like a piece of glass. Removing from freezer it becomes the goopiest thing ive ever fucked with in my life. My buddy told me, and he may be full of shit, that shatter is like glass at room temp, so i guess I missed the target. Is it shatter? or oil er what?

I vapped 2 hits and the slab melted away, no ash left at all, it just disappeared. There was no throat harshness, or need to cough to clear my lungs, very smooth. The high is very strong and heady, but not overwhelming. The taste is very good as well, no shitty chem taste, just lemon goodness.

Any feedback appreciated.

I will start the evap on the EC solution tomorrow morning, and hope to have some side by side pics at the end of these experiments to share w the group. I will evap at room temp w fan and no applied heat for sake of comparing the 2 solvents, but im looking forward to applying heat on subsequent batches to speed up the process.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

heres some results.......been gone most of the day or id of replied sooner. im only now getting to check out the finished goop. here how it looks, gimme some feedback

The color is very light nearly clear. We placed globs on parchment paper and flattened it evenly, thinly. The resulting product is clear as glass. Placed in the freezer it looks like a piece of glass. Removing from freezer it becomes the goopiest thing ive ever fucked with in my life. My buddy told me, and he may be full of shit, that shatter is like glass at room temp, so i guess I missed the target. Is it shatter? or oil er what?

I vapped 2 hits and the slab melted away, no ash left at all, it just disappeared. There was no throat harshness, or need to cough to clear my lungs, very smooth. The high is very strong and heady, but not overwhelming. The taste is very good as well, no shitty chem taste, just lemon goodness.

Any feedback appreciated.

I will start the evap on the EC solution tomorrow morning, and hope to have some side by side pics at the end of these experiments to share w the group. I will evap at room temp w fan and no applied heat for sake of comparing the 2 solvents, but im looking forward to applying heat on subsequent batches to speed up the process.

cut and paste,

Hash oil can be soft or hard, runny or solid, brittle or crumbly, sticky or dry. These textures are often loosely categorized under a variety of terms, including shatter, wax, honeycomb, budder, and pull-and-snap

Pull ’n snap — The texture of hash oil at which lies between a more runny oil and the shelf stable shatter at room temperature, a proper pull and snap is easily gripped by the dabber but pulls slightly before snapping off. The ambient temperature plays a huge part in oil’s texture, as more heat will make it more runny and sappy while cold will make it shatter.

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

Shit is so sticky it gets everywhere,lol.My results are pretty much the same Mendel,first batch at 150 on the hot plate,second batch 125,2-2.5 hrs and done.I want to be able to snap a piece off like GTs pictures show so I'll go 100 degrees next time.
Smokes really good though,no harshness like the old honey oil we used to get that blew your lungs apart and the flavor is great.I also found the big 100 cup coffee filters at smart and final but you had to buy 1000 of them for 13 bucks so I didn't get them(I fucked up/cheap ass!),they would make it so much quicker,cleaner and faster,next time.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Shit is so sticky it gets everywhere,lol.My results are pretty much the same Mendel,first batch at 150 on the hot plate,second batch 125,2-2.5 hrs and done.I want to be able to snap a piece off like GTs pictures show so I'll go 100 degrees next time.
Smokes really good though,no harshness like the old honey oil we used to get that blew your lungs apart and the flavor is great.I also found the big 100 cup coffee filters at smart and final but you had to buy 1000 of them for 13 bucks so I didn't get them(I fucked up/cheap ass!),they would make it so much quicker,cleaner and faster,next time.
if you cant get it to shatter.... throw it in the freezer for use.... many of my original pictures were out... on a bowl and sitting in a window sill for a long time before i smoked it and it still holds its form. Many will say its strain related but i have done it to to countless strains and still get the same snap consistency. Many also rinse and shake for way too long. Its a stripper... it melts trichs very fast whether its iso or everclear... im going to start moonshine slabs pretty soon and i bet i still get the same consistency. Its kinda like tempering chocolate.... the process and temperature is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom