Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

ive read..... the first quick (?) wash will remove 80% of the tricomes, the second wash will remove another 80% of the 20% remaining tricomes.

rso oil will not flare up when put to flame or heat if it is made correctly.

rso oil has been decarbed, and theres no way the there will be anything left to flare up because the decarberation process happens at a higher temp.

the reason for those drops of water added when making rso is to insure that it gets decarbed. water boils off at 212 degrees and when you see those bubbles finnish thats when the decarb is complete, there cant be any alchohol left because that was all boiled off and removed and boiled off at much lower temp.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
ive read..... the first quick (?) wash will remove 80% of the tricomes, the second wash will remove another 80% of the 20% remaining tricomes.

rso oil will not flare up when put to flame or heat if it is made correctly.

rso oil has been decarbed, and theres no way the there will be anything left to flare up because the decarberation process happens at a higher temp.

the reason for those drops of water added when making rso is to insure that it gets decarbed. water boils off at 212 degrees and when you see those bubbles finnish thats when the decarb is complete, there cant be any alchohol left because that was all boiled off and removed and boiled off at much lower temp.
Ya that second rinse is something i have never been into. I only use trim anyway and the second rinse pulls a lot of chlorophyll

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm a fan of more rso style oil.

I run different input sources as different batches. I have 3 categories; trim, buds & tops.

Trim is lowest quality but works great and lowest yield.

Buds come in 2nd best with strong flavor and mild to strong potency. Medium yields.

Tops create the Supreme oil profile.
Strong taste, high potency and high yield.

You can mix them all together but I prefer to keep the grades separate.

I always make the lowest quality stuff first to smoke and slowly work my way up the chain.

I use 2 well agitated washes. Followed by a light last rinse and swirl just to make sure I got it all before the scraps go into the long term soak scrap jar.

I like the higher yield and more full extract profile. On the positive side you can eat it, apply it topically, vape it.

Properly made rso will not flare up, pop, splatter etc. Just make sure it's properly thin film purged over low heat.

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

Soxhlet diversion.
I have yet to fire this thing up.
I'm thinking of making a cloth bag to hold the goods.
Other than that, I have little knowledge of how these things operate.

Feel free to offer tips and tricks?
20170131 134943

Will probably use 95% ethanol that I recently brought home from the Oregon.

Dunge

Dunge

Started with 148 grams of high quality shake and small bud.
Divided it into three quart jars (near filled all three).
Shake was chilled.
ISO came out of the freezer and I filled the first jar to the top.
Shook vigorously for about a minute and poured what I could into the second jar.
Got second jar mostly full of dripping solvent, and again shook for a minute.
Then into jar three. Still plenty of solvent to do the job.
After this last shake I drained off the solvent for filtration and distillation, yielding sample one.(on left)
20170203 141537 001ann

All of the solvent saturated residual vegetation was dumped in a pan and set aside while sample one was attended to.

Results: Both washes yielded identical weight 7.5 gram concentrates.
15 grams total (10% return)
20170203 143441ann

I had to gob some oil out in order to see any difference.
Left is first extraction and is more clear amber than the second wash, which still looks amber, but by comparison it looks green.

I am not experienced in evaluating vaping differences.
They both seem to vape the same, but the quick wash looks a bit better.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Started with 148 grams of high quality shake and small bud.
Divided it into three quart jars (near filled all three).
Shake was chilled.
ISO came out of the freezer and I filled the first jar to the top.
Shook vigorously for about a minute and poured what I could into the second jar.
Got second jar mostly full of dripping solvent, and again shook for a minute.
Then into jar three. Still plenty of solvent to do the job.
After this last shake I drained off the solvent for filtration and distillation, yielding sample one.(on left)
View attachment 665229
All of the solvent saturated residual vegetation was dumped in a pan and set aside while sample one was attended to.

Results: Both washes yielded identical weight 7.5 gram concentrates.
15 grams total (10% return)
View attachment 665230
I had to gob some oil out in order to see any difference.
Left is first extraction and is more clear amber than the second wash, which still looks amber, but by comparison it looks green.

I am not experienced in evaluating vaping differences.
They both seem to vape the same, but the quick wash looks a bit better.
I'd hit it hahaha

jipp

jipp

that looks like it should be in some caramel. heh.
looks good. im starting to think i need to learn to dab even if its just to get that regular buz up for the bud to work with.. it feels like a job to get high.

chris,

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
that looks like it should be in some caramel. heh.
looks good. im starting to think i need to learn to dab even if its just to get that regular buz up for the bud to work with.. it feels like a job to get high.

chris,

Remember once you start dabbling in dabs and eating oil. Your tolerance will skyrocket quickly. Just fyi.

jipp

jipp

yeah, and its already high.. thats why iv not gone there and when i bitch at the counter about no herb couch locking me yet, but im waiting.. no, im looking forward to this.. and they think dab is what you want then.. they just do not get it, there is good weed that can floor you with out going to oils.. but, i dunno..
i know now it feels like work to get high some times. like right now.. loads another bowl.
chris,

jipp

jipp

you know i just want to have herb, or oil.. that will just floor me, make me a drooling idiot. so i can get a good nice sleep. not saying i want to get that fucked up all the time.. but i mean i should be able to if i try.. with this distrib herb you just can not get faded on it. you can get stoned, but not get your ass handed too you.. that is what i look forward too to be honest.. also means no pain too!

BigBun

BigBun

lil bit of sugar trimm and stems out of buds with single calyxes on em. it had about the size of a hockey puck. 10-15 sec wash in 99% iso. about 2h purging at 50C°. folded it, another 20 minutes and nearly no bubbles came up and thats the endproduct. My first QWISO that is a REAL shatter, i can even hold it in the fingers for a few seconds. Did a second wash, about 20 seconds, no squeezing. While it dripped through the filter i added some of my old kief to it.
16491498 1223779897698591 291258526 o

And here is my first attempt at a THC-Liquid for an e-cigarette. Took about 0,1-0,2g of QWISO and mixed it with a few drops of iso and 4ml of base fluid (PG/VG 50/50). Didnt mix very well, a lot of oil got left in the mixing cup and the atomizer. But boy is it sparing. im smokin for more than 24h now and i had 3 friends visit and each one took a few hits.
Photo 2017 02 03 17 03 17

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
lil bit of sugar trimm and stems out of buds with single calyxes on em. it had about the size of a hockey puck. 10-15 sec wash in 99% iso. about 2h purging at 50C°. folded it, another 20 minutes and nearly no bubbles came up and thats the endproduct. My first QWISO that is a REAL shatter, i can even hold it in the fingers for a few seconds. Did a second wash, about 20 seconds, no squeezing. While it dripped through the filter i added some of my old kief to it.
View attachment 665443

And here is my first attempt at a THC-Liquid for an e-cigarette. Took about 0,1-0,2g of QWISO and mixed it with a few drops of iso and 4ml of base fluid (PG/VG 50/50). Didnt mix very well, a lot of oil got left in the mixing cup and the atomizer. But boy is it sparing. im smokin for more than 24h now and i had 3 friends visit and each one took a few hits.
View attachment 665444
Thats awesome. .. i would hit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom