Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
miko

miko

I was even thinking last night I wonder how big of a glass I would need to not have to worry about corners.. :)

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Shoot me a link to which pan you use? If you know..
I just grabbed a few from the local store and BOTH suck ass on cornering.. :)

Let me see if I can find a link on the ones I have but they have sloped corners instead of just a 90 degree angle so you can glide your knife right over the curve. It's really nice.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Squishy,squishy....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I've noticed some strains make a really light color wax or some very dark Amber wax. It really is strain dependent.

What did you wash last time? That was some gg4 trim. I'm going to be washing some stardawg trim here in the next day or two.
My last run was giesel,I think it may have to do with the age of the material? Or possibly what color the trics were at chop?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21 - Liked your cut pop can, to get the corners.. brilliant.
Thanks bud.. ya pyrex while clean and safe...is usually shaped to where you leave dabs all in the corners with a razor.. then you take the can to the freezer for 20 minutes and then flick the can upside down over parchment... then you can tempur/consolidate on the paper.

miko

miko

Anyone have any recommendations on how to do larger batches?
I tend to just get 5 grams per batch.. Would really like to get some larger amounts..
I let mine sit over night and everClear evaporates..
Would doing a larger batch work best with some heat under it?

Also, anyone seen how its done with the SMART STILL, so you re-claim most of the alcohol??
Seems like a big saver for the alcohol costs...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Anyone have any recommendations on how to do larger batches?
I tend to just get 5 grams per batch.. Would really like to get some larger amounts..
I let mine sit over night and everClear evaporates..
Would doing a larger batch work best with some heat under it?

Also, anyone seen how its done with the SMART STILL, so you re-claim most of the alcohol??
Seems like a big saver for the alcohol costs...
same method but larger volume.. the cool thing is you can throw a large can of rinse off in the freezer and cook off at your own pace.. you just have to get the trichs dissolved and separated from plant matter quick. Then the rest is easier... many when they want to do bigger quantities will do a ice water hash rip... then go to slab it...that way 95% of your plant matter and chlorophyll are gone

miko

miko

I just noticed some of the slabs you folks are doing seem to have a nice thickness to them.. Mine is barely on the bottom of the pan.. When I scrape I end up with 5 Gs, or so.. but yours and some others seem to be like a slab of 100 Gs..

miko

miko

I do wonder if I can improve this... I usually do about 60 grams per batch glass pan.. then I get 5 grams always .. lol , I do 2 batches and get about 10....

I want to get a SmartStill and reclaim most of my everclear....

Any one can comment on using 99% iso vs everclear..k?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I do wonder if I can improve this... I usually do about 60 grams per batch glass pan.. then I get 5 grams always .. lol , I do 2 batches and get about 10....

I have a buddy on another forum that swears by ec... cook time and taste is better

muskbud

muskbud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom