Jack Herer

• Thread starter baba G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Beefcake!! Baba, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy reading your threads and watching your beautiful girls. Wanted to share with you the good news, double jack just tested for high cbd!! (Strain is not not yet on project cbd)
Wonderful news lead! I'm super stoked on Jack hybrids and passing on this vigor and smells/flavors to new varietals:D

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
IMG 1570
Day 32

IMG 1566

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Gorgeous. Is this a Golden Lion offering?

outwest
Hey outwest, This is the Jack Herer phenotype I hold close, she is the best Jack I've come across, imo
The Key Lime Kush which is Jack Herer x Banana Split OG male, would be the closest thing that I have available. Also got a Jack bx in the works with many other Jackbrids to come!
this is awesome! i met jack at a bob marley festival...he was cool as fuck to talk to. btw nice tool poster lol
Yeah, he is a real mellow, chill guy...Met him once but am really glad I did! Love the TOOL, got the LP's and some cool promotional stuff

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey outwest, This is the Jack Herer phenotype I hold close, she is the best Jack I've come across, imo The Key Lime Kush which is Jack Herer x Banana Split OG male, would be the closest thing that I have available. Also got a Jack bx in the works with many other Jackbrids to come!

Thanks for the details, Baba. I look forward to running your gear. Always nice to see people paying respect to our heroes.

outwest

Bkush

Bkush

what about the white x jack
c99 x jack
Chemdog 91 x jack
Nice Jack by the way awesome thrics and I bet the smell is out of this world..

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
That picture at day 32 looks like a platoon of marching buds, fucken awesome. That Jack bx sounds very interesting, hope all is well

mal

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Damn, baba. I've only ever smoked the Jack. I need to change that. Any suggestions on the best of what's generally available? Danke!

outwest

rawman

rawman

Man I love jack.... Have you ever grown karmas seedline jack? I popped ten and everyone was awesome, just curious on how your cuts compares?!? Looks diggity dank

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
This is a cut from the mid 90's...never seen a Jack compare ime but I haven't tried Karmas Jack seedline...:cool:
The J1 is the closest thing I've seen to it and that isn't nearly as oily and as flavorful as this pure Jack, whomever started these original seeds scored big time with fast, medium height, amazing aromas/flavor and extreme oils...For years I thought the Jack Herer sucked or wasn't my thing as all the Jack I'd see was whispy or if it was the indy phenotype it usually lacked the supreme odors and stuff...this one rocks, has big glands and lil glands, if she was only denser!
I usually always have larger flowers compared to this run but these are frostier earlier and feel denser, so who knows maybe it'll average out to normal yieldwise, but it looks and smells incredible!
I'm running Heavy 16, the whole lineup, tester run basically: Using H16 bases, Prime, Foliar, Fire, Cannazym too, also some Rapid Start the first half since I had a liter laying around. Have used teas as well:D

edit: I slightly overdid it start of week 5 with the Fire, poured a bit too much and wasn't about to throw out rez's..., so they got hit hard for a day then I diluted the rez's the next day...
Also with the H16 I'm hitting high ppms and the plants aren't burning and this Jack is ultra sensitive...So, I'm slightly attributing that to the purity of the nutrients?? Just cause it seems the plants get more useable nutrients from em, I've hit the 9ml of each base and that is too much, I'm only gonna top out at 8ml of each next time...live and learn:)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like the soldiers are beefing up, that H16 must be working. They look like you cut out the exercise or are giving them steroids, hope all is well with you and yours

mal

K

KID

Hi Baba, questions regarding Key Lime Kush. What are you expecting from this cross? What was main goal? I am assuming these have not been grown out or tested. Hybrid vigor? Expected type of high? Flowering time? Any info is appriciated regarding KLK F1's, as I am very interested in this cross and your work. What would you be looking for regarding pheno selection as mother keeper in these F1's, taking into account your intimate knowledge of the parental units? Keep it up!:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hi Baba, questions regarding Key Lime Kush. What are you expecting from this cross? What was main goal? I am assuming these have not been grown out or tested. Hybrid vigor? Expected type of high? Flowering time? Any info is appriciated regarding KLK F1's, as I am very interested in this cross and your work. What would you be looking for regarding pheno selection as mother keeper in these F1's, taking into account your intimate knowledge of the parental units? Keep it up!:)
Hello KID, wonderful questions;)
I'm expecting a bit of Jack dominance with the vigor and hit the ground opening she takes into flower. And the size of the Jack floral production will be denser than the Jack in the KLK phenotypes that I'm searching for...Basically If I can add some density and oil production from the OG Kush into the Jack's vigor, pest/mold resistance and produce some new Lime/og flavors, that's my goal.
Hybrid vigor is going to be insane! High will be a balance of haze and OG, can't predict it but should be zinging and potent.
Flowering time will be 8.5-9.5 weeks, just depends on phenotypes and environmental conditions.
I've got a couple girls of this flowering right now, I'll update on them soon and show their attributes...
One is much more Jack, as in color of leaves, pistils and floral shape, while another is most def a nice blend with a denser OG budset:D
Attributes making a mother a keeper are going to be different for everyone, some might pick strictly on flavor or looks, while some might go with finishing time and height? It depends, to me a great one would be a blend of both, with a new wild flavor, but one that goes through the motions like the Jack and has the density of OG and flavor would be a REAL important factor for me...
The main goal was to create a new flavor, combining the OG and haze flavors, the Jack is a real monster when it comes to glands too, should be very pretty flowers, with extreme odors/flavors and easy to trim as well:cool:

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Very clean Baba! I have a super similar jack cut that I came across in 06. The dude I grabbed it from only grows this strain because of the awesome yield and amazing taste. I was told it was jack flash by a different grower. Have you ever heard it called this? I know some refer to J1 as jack flash but I assumed people mixed up their info because I haven't been able to find anything backing that up. I also used to have a cut of xj13 that was nearly identical that came from oaksterdam. Unfortunately most cats down in so cal don't dig the smelly, oily sativas until they try it. But the stuff doesnt last long on the shelf! Can't grow enough in my opinion. I also just finished a run of lemon skunk from greenhouse and DNA ( they are identical) and it's super similar also. Glad to hear you are running the heavy 16. The stuff is the real deal. I only use the base, but I'm loving it.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Ganjafarmer! Nice pics:D
The Jack Flash is def a different varietal, I've grown it from seed and seen many phenotypes up in Humboldt...
I forget the difference, genetic wise. but Jack Flash is suppose to be a faster Jack hybrid...ime It is shorter, than my Jack but def has some of that smell, although it isn't quite as hazey, it gets a fruitier, tangyness like the Cave almost.

Top Bottom