• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Im Curious Cap

What is the HIghest PPM you have gone in flower with like a OG Kush ? Im at 1000 and they still look pretty hungry. Temps are 80% and and humid at 55% and they have co2 so they are being pushed. Before I bump the PPMs to high I was wondering what PPMS you guys using 3-2-1 feeding hungry strains are goin?

My White strawberrys look fine with the 900-1000 but the OGs are very hungry looking. Im thinking maybe 1200? Dont want to mess with Ratios yet by adding to much other stuff im barely getting on this jacks thing.

my kosher almost always looks hungry. I think you could take her to 2.4-2.6... easily. try the jacks full strength. The 3-2-1 is diluted like 80% of the jr peters recommended full strength formula.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
First post in this great (but long-assed) thread...
I've been working with the basic 3/2/1 formula for around 6 mos with decent results. Still need to do some dialing in on strains and relative to veg/flower ratios as well, but all in all, glad I went this route. I do peat/pearlite soft pot, dousing, with vertical scrog, as a baseline grow setup.

My first question relates to how I currently premix; I create a "100x" gallon of Jacks and a "100x" CalNit and I dilute them differently so that they are at 3/2, so that I then use either 20 or 30Ml shots of each that go into a gallon of water (20ml@ hits around 1.2EC/600ppm, 30 is ~1.8EC/900ppm with "adjuncts"). I use about 1/2gm Epsom, 5ml of Silica Blast (Botanicare) and typically around 1/2gm of Citric Acid to lower pH. I also premix my Epsom and Citric Acid so that right now, a 1/2gm=5ml liquid).
So - with that in mind - which "adjuncts" could be mixed with which concentrates in advance without causing anything to drop out of suspension? Based on some reading, it appears the Citric Acid is a non issue; it could be mixed into either (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong). What about the Epsom and the Silica Blast?
I'd like to really get it down to a true "2 part" system both for time sake as well as when I have less technical helpers covering for me now and then :)

Thanks!

you can mix the epsom with the jacks. I would keep the silica separate and add it first before anything, but that's just me. The one who would know is the guru at www.customhydronutrients.com

K

kushtrees

Epsom salt should go with the hydro, not the cal nitrate. Sulfur+calcium=gypsum. Gypsum is not soluable and only good in organic soil.

As far as silica goes, pretty sure that you cannot add it to either one. There's a reason all silica products come in a separate bottle. Don't remember what that reason was off the top of my head though. I'm sure some with more chemistry knowledge can chime in on that

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Epsom salt should go with the hydro, not the cal nitrate. Sulfur+calcium=gypsum. Gypsum is not soluable and only good in organic soil.

As far as silica goes, pretty sure that you cannot add it to either one. There's a reason all silica products come in a separate bottle. Don't remember what that reason was off the top of my head though. I'm sure some with more chemistry knowledge can chime in on that

yeah sorry by jacks I meant the hydro formula 5-12-26. Shoudl have been more clear on that.

Part 1: jacks hydro, epsom, and any additional MKP/MAP
Part 2: cal nit

silica goes in first.

S

stealthman2

Hey guys, new to the forum. Starting my first hydro grow (first grow too), ive already read over 300 pages between this site and some others. My buddy has had some good luck outdoors with jacks classic and the bloom. At first we were sold on AN for the ph perfect. I took a few horticulture classes in college and remembered how cheap the fert was that our class mixed up and then decided to google search for some cheaper alternatives.

b4 i read anything about nutes my brother and i had settled on this as our grow systems. 5 gallow DWC buckets with 3.75" net pots, with expanded clay pellets as the medium. we are running 4 buckets with air stones in each bucket 8 liters a minute of air, under 400 mh for veg and 600 hps for flower (we havent started yet). after reading alot of these jacks thread i noticed most of you are using coco, chow mix (rockwool and coco mix?) or rockwool in DTW (drip to waste) or ebb and flow. has anyone used straight DWC? is this a bad setup, should i modify to a drip feed or drain to waste? or change my grow medium?
I read the 40 page thread cheaper alternatives to expensive nutes, thank you all who contributed to that wealth of knowledge. we have decided to use jacks hydro 15-12-26 and cal nit and espom.

has anyone used the 1 part veg mix and the new 1 part bloom mix from jacks? might order that too and run side by side

Cap i have read all of your threads, i also just purchased your beenies. and will make a tea. I have some questions about the actual nute pack and the tea. ive read most of your threads regarding ur bennies and i noticed ur site specifically uses the foliar and the root pack in the tea but not the NUTE pack which doesnt have instructions on the website. was this ment to be used differently. i know people are including it in the tea but i just want to make sure im going to use ur product right.

since im not using RDWC and each bucket is isolated do i have to run tea every week? i see mention of people going every other week or every other 2 weeks. id run the tea every week in veg for explosive root growth and plant growth, should i do the same for flower? has anyone experimented with this?

I was also thinking of not changing my buckets every week if im gonna run the bennies since they seem to protect against bad things, bugs, root, mold mildew ect. is this okay? or should i change water once a week? I will be checking buckets everyday and adding water and nutes according to uptake.

Cap i was gonna use your nute profile on page one, but noticed u said you are now using the 3-2-1. just wanted to clarify. that is 3g jacks, 2 cal nit, 1 Epsom and NOT an NPK correct?

each bucket will be able to hold about 4 gal water and be just under the net cup. so i will need roughly 16 gal for all 4 buckets. if i want to run the mix at 80% and i run the 3g hydro, 2g cal nit, 1 g epsom salt i would multiply each fert by gallons needed then multiply each by .80 to get an 80% solution or am i missing something

example 3g hydro x 16 = 48
48 x 80% = 38.4g of jacks hydro

id repeat these same steps for every nutrient.

sorry for all the question, and my scatter brain post. i have answered many question just by readin these threads and have pages of notes but i still cant find some of the answers im looking for.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey guys, new to the forum. Starting my first hydro grow (first grow too), ive already read over 300 pages between this site and some others. My buddy has had some good luck outdoors with jacks classic and the bloom. At first we were sold on AN for the ph perfect. I took a few horticulture classes in college and remembered how cheap the fert was that our class mixed up and then decided to google search for some cheaper alternatives.

b4 i read anything about nutes my brother and i had settled on this as our grow systems. 5 gallow DWC buckets with 3.75" net pots, with expanded clay pellets as the medium. we are running 4 buckets with air stones in each bucket 8 liters a minute of air, under 400 mh for veg and 600 hps for flower (we havent started yet). after reading alot of these jacks thread i noticed most of you are using coco, chow mix (rockwool and coco mix?) or rockwool in DTW (drip to waste) or ebb and flow. has anyone used straight DWC? is this a bad setup, should i modify to a drip feed or drain to waste? or change my grow medium?
I read the 40 page thread cheaper alternatives to expensive nutes, thank you all who contributed to that wealth of knowledge. we have decided to use jacks hydro 15-12-26 and cal nit and espom.

has anyone used the 1 part veg mix and the new 1 part bloom mix from jacks? might order that too and run side by side

Cap i have read all of your threads, i also just purchased your beenies. and will make a tea. I have some questions about the actual nute pack and the tea. ive read most of your threads regarding ur bennies and i noticed ur site specifically uses the foliar and the root pack in the tea but not the NUTE pack which doesnt have instructions on the website. was this ment to be used differently. i know people are including it in the tea but i just want to make sure im going to use ur product right.

since im not using RDWC and each bucket is isolated do i have to run tea every week? i see mention of people going every other week or every other 2 weeks. id run the tea every week in veg for explosive root growth and plant growth, should i do the same for flower? has anyone experimented with this?

I was also thinking of not changing my buckets every week if im gonna run the bennies since they seem to protect against bad things, bugs, root, mold mildew ect. is this okay? or should i change water once a week? I will be checking buckets everyday and adding water and nutes according to uptake.

Cap i was gonna use your nute profile on page one, but noticed u said you are now using the 3-2-1. just wanted to clarify. that is 3g jacks, 2 cal nit, 1 Epsom and NOT an NPK correct?

each bucket will be able to hold about 4 gal water and be just under the net cup. so i will need roughly 16 gal for all 4 buckets. if i want to run the mix at 80% and i run the 3g hydro, 2g cal nit, 1 g epsom salt i would multiply each fert by gallons needed then multiply each by .80 to get an 80% solution or am i missing something

example 3g hydro x 16 = 48
48 x 80% = 38.4g of jacks hydro

id repeat these same steps for every nutrient.

sorry for all the question, and my scatter brain post. i have answered many question just by readin these threads and have pages of notes but i still cant find some of the answers im looking for.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

the nute pack is not recommended for hydro. Chow is coco and hydroton. start with 3-2-1 (grams per gallon not NPK)

DTW is wonderful and easy.

Add tea when you change nutes. I would do this once every 7-10 days but everyone is different.

you are spot on with your 80% calculation.

R

ReCway

cap are you flushing with Jacks? Or light ppm feedings up till chop? What are others that run jacks doin?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh shit, when you said 3-2-1 I assumed it was the ppm of your NPK. Now I just realized its Jacks...hahaa.

When running your coco wall-o-dank, is the coco mixed with perlite and if it is at what ratio??

I'm thinking of running 50/50 coco/perlite with a 3-1-2 NPK ppm ratio. Should I run the N:Ca ratio at 1:1 with 50/50 coco/perlite??

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh shit, when you said 3-2-1 I assumed it was the ppm of your NPK. Now I just realized its Jacks...hahaa.

When running your coco wall-o-dank, is the coco mixed with perlite and if it is at what ratio??

I'm thinking of running 50/50 coco/perlite with a 3-1-2 NPK ppm ratio. Should I run the N:Ca ratio at 1:1 with 50/50 coco/perlite??

It was 50/50 fine coco and chunky perlite. Then it was 50/50 coco hydroton. Then there were a couple 50/50 canadian sphagnum peat and regular store bought perlite in the green bag (pretty fine). Next it will be 50/50 coco pumice I think.

I have had very good results with all of these except the pumice which I have not yet tried. I have two FPOG side by side.. one in coco/hydroton, one in peat/perlite. I cannot tell the difference between the two in development. We will see about quality.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

the nute pack is not recommended for hydro. Chow is coco and hydroton. start with 3-2-1 (grams per gallon not NPK)

DTW is wonderful and easy.

Add tea when you change nutes. I would do this once every 7-10 days but everyone is different.

you are spot on with your 80% calculation.

Hey Cap, when you feed tea do you give it your standard mix, the one found on your website? And is it fed in a res by itself or do you continue using salts while applying tea? After applying tea do you go right back to regular feeding?
Thanks,
GR33N

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey Cap, when you feed tea do you give it your standard mix, the one found on your website? And is it fed in a res by itself or do you continue using salts while applying tea? After applying tea do you go right back to regular feeding?
Thanks,
GR33N

Depends. Sometimes I put it right in the res with the nutrient solution. Sometimes I crown feed. Yes I go back to regular feeding if I am not feeding and applying bennies at the same time.

Teh recipe ont eh site is the exact one I use, except lately I have been adding a little biobizz alg-a-mic and some seagreen at the very end after I turn off the bubbles.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Depends. Sometimes I put it right in the res with the nutrient solution. Sometimes I crown feed. Yes I go back to regular feeding if I am not feeding and applying bennies at the same time.

Teh recipe ont eh site is the exact one I use, except lately I have been adding a little biobizz alg-a-mic and some seagreen at the very end after I turn off the bubbles.

alg-a-mic rules. Id probably switch to something cheaper if i had to pay full retail tho.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It was 50/50 fine coco and chunky perlite. Then it was 50/50 coco hydroton. Then there were a couple 50/50 canadian sphagnum peat and regular store bought perlite in the green bag (pretty fine). Next it will be 50/50 coco pumice I think.

I have had very good results with all of these except the pumice which I have not yet tried. I have two FPOG side by side.. one in coco/hydroton, one in peat/perlite. I cannot tell the difference between the two in development. We will see about quality.

Do you use bricks of coco or bags like canna, botanicare, ect. I remember you said you use regular sphagnum peat moss, but do you add anything to it other then perlite?? For example, a wetting agent or bennies.

Cap, what is your N:Ca ratio for coco and/or peat substrates?? I would also like feedback from anybody with experience using coco/perlite about N:Ca and N:K ratio's during veg and bloom. I'm using 1:1 N:Ca in Sunshine #4 and its working great on my young plant.

I know I could look up alot of the info I need, but I've read thru so many threads I don't remember where to find specific info when I need it and the 'search' function sucks for some reason lol.

P.S. Sorry for sooooo many questions, but you grow very similar to how I wanna run my next cycle and I wanna get great, straight forward info from experienced growers instead of searching for it and finding 5 different opinions from 5 different growers with half of whom never even used coco/perlite.

Thanks in advance for any info, tips and/or help.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Do you use bricks of coco or bags like canna, botanicare, ect. I remember you said you use regular sphagnum peat moss, but do you add anything to it other then perlite?? For example, a wetting agent or bennies.

Cap, what is your N:Ca ratio for coco and/or peat substrates?? I would also like feedback from anybody with experience using coco/perlite about N:Ca and N:K ratio's during veg and bloom. I'm using 1:1 N:Ca in Sunshine #4 and its working great on my young plant.

I know I could look up alot of the info I need, but I've read thru so many threads I don't remember where to find specific info when I need it and the 'search' function sucks for some reason lol.

P.S. Sorry for sooooo many questions, but you grow very similar to how I wanna run my next cycle and I wanna get great, straight forward info from experienced growers instead of searching for it and finding 5 different opinions from 5 different growers with half of whom never even used coco/perlite.

Thanks in advance for any info, tips and/or help.

I pretty much run 1:1 N:Ca as well. between 100 and 150 ppm.

the peat was mixed straight with perlite. no wetting agent. nothing else.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I pretty much run 1:1 N:Ca as well. between 100 and 150 ppm.

the peat was mixed straight with perlite. no wetting agent. nothing else.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I used the correct ratio for my coco mix.

How old are your plants when you feed them between 100-150 ppm N and Ca?? Thats gotta be around week 4-5 veg and/or 1-3 bloom, right??

S

stealthman2

what is the NPK and micro profile breakdown of 3g jacks hydro 2g calnit 1g epsom

Latest posts

Top Bottom