JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ahhhh, I think I have it now. In RO water the 3/1.8/1 gives me a 1.6ec. So after some quick math I figured that my 35gal res needed to be mixed for a 22 gal to give me a 1.0 ec. Thank you!

It's always hard to get a base line on these forums, most of the time people are posting up PPMs and you never know if they are using a .5 or .7 pen and that can make a world of difference! lol

Yeah that's exactly why we try to speak in terms of EC and not ppm.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just have to know where to look or who to ask

omri listed and you get bonus amino acids and citric acid

Hey man glad to see you are still around the boards!

I

irony

Great thread!!!!
After surprizingly decent results with powders and humic\fulvics with kelp,then I heard about Jacks.
I'd use Classic Bloom more than likely but what can I use in veg and then I think most micros would have its use.

I have to use RO for my ec from well is 0.6-0.8.
For coco dtw which of the Jacks hydro classics can I use?
Also what's your target as far as npk mag cal?
Also,what are you charge your coco with so ph gets set?

Last edited:
I

irony

With coco dtw and ro,what other mix can I use with Jacks Bloom burst during veg?
I may try orchid RO.
The hydro mix with calnit looks to have too much calcium but with coco I've heard more calcium is needed.
I'll try reading g through the thread again but is there any veg bases I can use until I can start experimenting?

PVDMMP

PVDMMP

With coco dtw and ro,what other mix can I use with Jacks Bloom burst during veg?
I may try orchid RO.
The hydro mix with calnit looks to have too much calcium but with coco I've heard more calcium is needed.
I'll try reading g through the thread again but is there any veg bases I can use until I can start experimenting?
Im not sure there is such a thing as too much calcium...........im using the new hydro mix for all........but i go 50/50 half bloom booster for the 1st 2 weeks of flower

I

irony

Im not sure there is such a thing as too much calcium...........im using the new hydro mix for all........but i go 50/50 half bloom booster for the 1st 2 weeks of flower
In coco I'm not sure if too much calcium can cause a lockout.
Are you using the 5-12-26 or the 16-4-17 and the calnit?
Are you using coco?

Last edited:
I

irony

Thanks!!!
I just went through my 1st bag of maxibloom and was impressed but I think Jacks will do even better,plus its cheaper.
I really am liking Humics\fulvics and kelp.After seeing over night explosive growth on many occasions, its a necessity.!!
I may try the 321 or what your using,plus the most mix.

Last edited:
PVDMMP

PVDMMP

Thanks!!!
I just went through my 1st bag of maxibloom and was impressed but I think Jacks will do even better,plus its cheaper.
I really am liking Humics\fulvics and kelp.After seeing over night explosive growth on many occasions, its a necessity.!!
I may try the 321 or what your using,plus the most mix.
Can you tell me the Humic.Fulvics and kelp you are getting and using and the rates of application?

I

irony

I use extreme blend from kelp4less and GH Floralicous Plus.
FP I use as directed.It won't raise the ec more than 0.1 and as a folar it's great.It won't burn and results are fast.
Extreme blend is quite a bit stronger.It'll raise ec by 0.6 so I cut my base down when I use it.I use a teaspoon for 3 gallons of water or 1\4 teaspoon per gallon.
I think I prefer the FP over the extreme.
I'm not sure how they work or if I had a defiency and it somehow corrected but I'll be getting more FP.
It's a bit costly but its super concentrated. Only 1ml per gallon for roots or 1ml per liter folar.Spray under leaves.It only takes a few drops so I use a syringe to measure.

Last edited:
I

irony

Hey prodigy plain old jacks, cal nit, epsom 3,2,1 beats veg+bloom imo. Ran multiple runs of both in dtw rockwool. Jacks plus fulpower and a moab kick = best. By best I mean: yield, taste, smell and bag appeal all for way less $$$'s than veg+bloom.
Veg+bloom does kick ass for freshly rooted clones in rockwool. I use veg+bloom for the first 3 weeks then switch to jacks 3,2,1 for a week then flower.
I'm switching to Jacks.I understand the 321 3 hydro,2 calnit,1 Epson but what is the veg+bloom mix or what do you run in veg?
Is the 321 3grams of hydro,2 grams calnit,1gram of epson?
Can these be mixed up as concentrates in RO or distilled.
Thanks!!!

PVDMMP

PVDMMP

I'm switching to Jacks.I understand the 321 3 hydro,2 calnit,1 Epson but what is the veg+bloom mix or what do you run in veg?
Thanks!!!
im confused

sdgrower

sdgrower

Thanks!!!
Thanks!!!
@irony veg+bloom is a different powdered nutrient. Stick with the 321 just as you described. Yes 321 can be diluted into RO just like regular bottled nutes.

I

irony

Is there anyway to raise N percent using Jacks 5-12-26 and calnit?
I could increase calnit but that could cause other issues.
Has anyone raised N by adding more calnit?

R

rosebud420

what up peeps. jacks back.

Ran out of jacks a while back and decided I would make the move to all raw salts. My plants did not like this, and so I am going back to a modified jacks formula, which was working great for me before.

I ordered the following from JR peters:

jacks classic blossom booster 10-30-20
jacks cal nitrate 15-0-0
jacks professional hydro formula 5-12-26
MOST
pH adjuster

I also have, which I ordered from cutomhydronutrients (those guys are the best):

Magnesium nitrate
0-0-50 sulfate of potash
MKP
MAP

and from the local pharmacy a 6lb bag of epsom salts.

So I got the MOST. It does not look the same as the STEM, even though the GA's are the same I think. This time, it came with a descriptive sheet for each product, and I read the MOST page.

Since I started on jacks, I have gone from adding .1 MOST to .2 MOST more recently. And here lies my problem I believe (for starters). The sheet recommends that if using a 15% nitrogen fertilizer, you should only add 2oz MOST per 25 lb bag. That's roughly .005 grams per gallon. A far cry from my values.

Now I have done quite a bit of reading up on other successful growers and their formulas, and it seems to me I have found a ratio that will work very well, or so I think.

I will be running this (all in per gallon values):

2.5 grams hydro
2.13 cal nitrate
.2 Cacl2
.095 MKP
.55 k2so4
.71 epsom salts
.005 MOST

which will give me 120-40-210-120-60 and the sulfur will be at 103.

first I will add the hydro, MKP, MOST, and K2so4 in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and mix until dissolved. I will add this to a full res of RO water, and MIX well.

then I will add the epsom salts the same way

finally the CaNO3 and CaCl2 in the same way.

this is per manufacturers directions. So much fucking around... trying to be a mad scientist. its not working so I am gonna follow some directions (not all) from the people who are celebrating their 65th anniversary in fert blending.

I have seedlings that just popped. they are FPOG crosses. FPOG x kosher kush, FPOG x WiFi, and FPOG x my Colombian landrace. I will start a journal on them which I will link here. I will use this formula (25% strength for seedlings, 50% when they are 4-6" tall, and full strength at 12" until week 4 of flower, when I will change the formula to drop the N slightly and boost P and K.

My goal is to have all the plants thriving. No yellowing, no toxicities, no deficiencies, all the way through.

the medium will be 50/50 big and chunky perlite and botanicare washed sterile coco in a bag.
Cap like your info. How are you going to drop the N and boost P and K after week 4. Thanks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap like your info. How are you going to drop the N and boost P and K after week 4. Thanks.

Cut the CaNO3 and add MKP and MAP. I don't do it a week 4 I do it at week 2, week 4, week 7,8 and then flush at 9. I also do not use 3-2-1 anymore although it is a fine formula. Currently trying to perfect a veg recipe. Eliminating red petioles is my goal. I have always ran P low due to the fact that high P interferes with mycorrhzae growth and high P causes stretch. The theory was that if I fed less P I would have bushier plants and a solid microbial colony. However, slow growth and red stems have been pissing me off lately so I have slowly been adding P and taking lots of notes.

I

irony

Cut the CaNO3 and add MKP and MAP. I don't do it a week 4 I do it at week 2, week 4, week 7,8 and then flush at 9. I also do not use 3-2-1 anymore although it is a fine formula. Currently trying to perfect a veg recipe. Eliminating red petioles is my goal. I have always ran P low due to the fact that high P interferes with mycorrhzae growth and high P causes stretch. The theory was that if I fed less P I would have bushier plants and a solid microbial colony. However, slow growth and red stems have been pissing me off lately so I have slowly been adding P and taking lots of notes.
If you solve the red streaks,stems,etc be sure to post your solution.When I used soil it didn't happen and I think 321 needs more N in veg.Now just what to use for N with the 321.
I'd like to raise the N by at least 0.1 ec with 321.
Some say more calmag for red but it seems the 321 has plenty??

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey all I am a Jacks User to and I am w/ cap on the whole over red when dropping off the {P) Potassium levels
I have been using RAW to bump the numbers as It is IMHO the purest forms of Hydro nutes I can get in my location Plus its EZ to use.
Raw

each pacage is under 10.00 and it last a long time I use the P and K both as the bloom booster and Have had great results.
I am not a sales guy for them I just like the way it works and say less cost is better for this FlyJ
here is some of my last girls I ran with it and Jacks 5-12-26 along with Caps Tea
CSF1 26 25

Peace Farmers
FlyJ

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

What's your guys opinion on the studies that say having high phosphorus, as in having it higher than your nitrogen & potassium at anytime, is not only unnecessary, but also counter-productive?

I have to jet right now but a quick google search will show informative articles about it. I'm thinking of cutting out MKP and other PK boosters and just using potassium of sulfate in mid-weeks of flower and MAYBE slight amounts of MKP in the last 2 weeks to help finish the product.

Top Bottom