JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

Excellent thread, will be trying Jacks, or salts as soon as I run out of my colored water.......

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

@Capulator
Curious for some help on micros. Are you still mixing raw? Or have you gone back to MOST? I am using Dank's old bloom recipe but having a hard time getting a micro with the 4.9%fe. What would you recommend. I'm in DWC so I'm cutting his Ec in half per your reccomendations.
Thanks

PnL

Last edited:
cannaman80

cannaman80

Hey CAP im officially a Jacks user now becuz of u and the many others who shared there knowledge here,,im gonna be doing a DTW rockwool set up...55 Gal rez..CO2 temp and humidity controlled..etc...i see u stated u don't run the 321 anymore although its a fine recipe,,so im asking ur advice for a great recipe for me to use...gonna def use a MOAB product or product of the like around week 4 or 3 basically do some trials to c whats rocking and whats not,, but again can u recommend a recipe for me based off what ur recently doing or should i just stick to the 321 and run it half when applying the MOAB...also i bought the BB as well and i wanted to incorporate tht in my feedings...i bought all 3 of ur Bennies:ninja: and just used the root pack a lil and fucking WOW is all i gotta say...thanx for the love and support...been growing for ,many years and am new to jacks and all this but i must say im using citrus blend on coco plants tht were mothers just messing around and wow they all r perfectly healthy ,i fell in love immediately...thanx Cap and all the rest of u on here helping this open source information..thts the way to go an grow bby:party1:

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

SO what happens when a Hard core Jacks fan runs into a Master Chemist who says he can make a Better Mix....1st when I finished schooling him on my JACKS runs he said he would make some for free just to see. so he did and I am going to post a new run with Jacks and this other mix, tell ya the truth the numbers seem way off to me already.
but gunna see.
Been missing my Bro's and Sista's here on the Farm so stayin fer a spell till next fall semester starts up
@ 50 school is been a blast. much better the 2nd time round.
peace Farmers.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

SO what happens when a Hard core Jacks fan runs into a Master Chemist who says he can make a Better Mix....1st when I finished schooling him on my JACKS runs he said he would make some for free just to see. so he did and I am going to post a new run with Jacks and this other mix, tell ya the truth the numbers seem way off to me already.
but gunna see.
Been missing my Bro's and Sista's here on the Farm so stayin fer a spell till next fall semester starts up
peace Farmers.

Nice, I look forward to seeing how your new formula compares!

Hookah79

Hookah79

When doing grams per gallon,are you actually measuring the grams,or using scoops?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Grams on a digital scale. Different salts, different densities. A Tsp of calnit will have a different weight than a tsp of mkp, for example.

I beleive cap uses a triple beam for accuracy but IMO unless you're measuring out your micros individually instead of using a mix like stem or most it's not really necessary.

Hookah79

Hookah79

Grams on a digital scale. Different salts, different densities. A Tsp of calnit will have a different weight than a tsp of mkp, for example.
Thank you!

I beleive cap uses a triple beam for accuracy but IMO unless you're measuring out your micros individually instead of using a mix like stem or most it's not really necessary.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
but gunna see.
peace Farmers.

Hells Yeah Flyin J! Keep me posted I love to learn. Congrats on school! I love taking college classes.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hells Yeah
whats up Cap
Yes sir I am heavy into the last leg of the school thing
Doing the NaClOOH3 + NH4 Delta Makes Potato Salad I think......
LoL
Its all good.
Yes the new Fert samples are mixed I am having a Real hard time with the Anhydrous Nitrogen getting moister and forming up a big ol brick the mix is staying very stable till its added so I will keep ya posted or it may as well stay a 2 part and adjust the Calcium Nitrate 1.5 to 2 grams per gallon
for the Chemistry side
1.5 grams of CaNO4 is 0.0127 Mol per
BTW
Miss hangin out Have a few of the J-Gold going finnaly cant wait to show um off.
and the Salts mix
Peace Farmers

dorjewright

dorjewright

Cut the CaNO3 and add MKP and MAP. I don't do it a week 4 I do it at week 2, week 4, week 7,8 and then flush at 9. I also do not use 3-2-1 anymore although it is a fine formula. Currently trying to perfect a veg recipe. Eliminating red petioles is my goal. I have always ran P low due to the fact that high P interferes with mycorrhzae growth and high P causes stretch. The theory was that if I fed less P I would have bushier plants and a solid microbial colony. However, slow growth and red stems have been pissing me off lately so I have slowly been adding P and taking lots of notes.
Once I started seriously bumping up Mg my plague of red/purple stems vanashed.

dorjewright

dorjewright

What are you running now? Adding just epsom? Cal Mag? Magnesium Nitrate? What rates?
Cap, I started with 1 teas/gal of Epsom plus the recommended dose of Cali magic. Then added bud candy 8mls/gal. Plus calimagic.
I don't run a very tight ship with additives since I m an organic grower.
I got the idea from the "Grow Boss". Running the usual Ca/mg ratio just didn't solve the problem. So probably I'm doubling the amount of mg and sulphur, since they mostly come together, but without increasing ca. I found increasing the calimagic to get more mg gave me some burn.
Hope this helps.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@dorjewright 5 grams per gallon is a lot more than te .6 I am running now... LOL. I will try it on a few plants though and see what happens.

dorjewright

dorjewright

@dorjewright 5 grams per gallon is a lot more than te .6 I am running now... LOL. I will try it on a few plants though and see what happens.
Grams. Hummm. I use mls not sure what the conversion ratio would be.
I focused on adding more mg a little at a time until the new growth stopped showing signs of purpling where the leaf meets the stem.

dollardos

dollardos

i spent my Thanksgiving reading this thread So Im giving a big Thanks to Cap and everyone who took the time to make this one great. I'm kinda new to posting but promise a detailed account of my first grow using all this new info Thanks Again

eebwen

eebwen

Hey cap or someone who knows , can you direct me to the veg recipe and bloom recipe and feeding schedule threads for jacks hydro? I purchased all the jacks plus all the other salts and have been reading for days and now my mind is so frizzled I can't concentrate. It looks like the formula is changing everyday I read lol. Thank you cap and others for doing this it's amazing how they mark these bottled nutes so high. Well hopefully they learn a valuable lesson. Spread the cheap word sink their ship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom