Jack's Under Current Grow 60 x 1000 watts 20 tons of AC and some CO2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socachi

Jack I'm wondering why you didn't go with tables maxed out with small pots like I often see?

Now I'm a newb and don't know much but will your setup turn the plants into bushes packed with huge cola's?

Also instead of parabolics why not those adjust-a-wings?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Socachi

Vertical lighting is a different style of growing. Check this thread out.

S

Socachi

Celtic thanks. I've seen some vert setups on THC but I'm just trying to understand if one is better than another. I've even checked out a link on Heath Robinson and a vert he has.

Like I said I'm new and know next to nothing. At times I get so much info it makes my head spin. :icon_spin:

What yields better results is what I'm trying to discover. Or is it all just preference?

Is maxing out a table with 6" pots or using larger pots with larger plants on the floor better. Even the Robinson link shows small pots on a vert. There's just so many styles I'm seeing and variations to each.

I've read thru the thread and unless I missed it and maybe I did, well that's why I ask.

They say the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
What yields better results is what I'm trying to discover. Or is it all just preference?

Is maxing out a table with 6" pots or using larger pots with larger plants on the floor better. Even the Robinson link shows small pots on a vert. There's just so many styles I'm seeing and variations to each.

I've read thru the thread and unless I missed it and maybe I did, well that's why I ask.

They say the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
It's all preference, along with your grow room profile, and economy of scale... Jack's gonna grow some big trees in the UC setup and imagine if he had 500 small plants to deal with... :icon_dizzy: Follow this quote link to see TK's first harvest in the UC system:
OK here is the first one to come out of the Under Current gauntlet. She's Alien#4 and she's a monster with nice color at the finish and a ton of nugs..

The last three shots are the plants on the side with the net off of it, all flopped over in the floor, chop, chop is a comin..

Tex

BTW, Jack... Amazing setup as always! :cool Looks like this is gonna be an epic run for you. I'll just be happy to rock another 1000W in a couple weeks. :itwasntme

H

hydrosun

The 8" net pots are standard now... When I first ordered the Under Current system at the time it came with 5" net pots,When I ordered my second system it came with the new 8" nets Daniel at Under Current had no problem sending me the larger ones but in the end the buckets are the same size and not a concern for me... Plus I like comparing things...:anim_30: It will only be 1 run with the 8 gallon buckets and then it will be 13 gallon time and some serious trees JACK..:icon_spin: :happy

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the different net pots. I personally have done better w/ 10" net pots in 5 gals than the 8"s in 8gal or even 8" in 20gals.

With the new lid (with out a flip up lid) 10" could fit (I think).

My guess is that you like the 8's better than the 5's and you'd like even more the 10" w/ 13 gal.

Now back to pages 12 - 18 for me ;)

Peace, :joint:

K

keed1

its you vs "the warehouse" for my favorite indoor grows ever. thanks for the inspiration JACK.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
13 days total of veg there starting to really blow up I have noticed that the MASTER BUBBA and Chemdog #4 x Deep chunk can take anything thats thrown at them I bumped the nutes up to 1000 ppm for a couple days and the Strawberry Bubba started to get leaf curl so I brought it back dowm to 800ppm and all is good..When all is said and done this run will be a test to see what 2 strains will work best for my setup. This is my 3rd run with Master Bubba and she continues to out shine every one her leaves are almost a foot long :banana:.I also put a pic up of the same cutting that was planted at the same time in COCO and grown under 1000 w hps pics speak for them self.The shot of the condensor shows the UV light I am running a 16" UV light to kill any mold...JACK

DSC 0019
DSC 0004
DSC 0006
DSC 0010
DSC 0020
DSC 0025
DSC 0027
DSC 0038
DSC 0013
DSC 0015
DSC 0040
DSC 0008
DSC 0030
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Holy crap those leaves are huge!!! I think I just got a woodie from those pics Jack. Im gettin an undercurrent after my next grow for sure. I have seen the light. Two quick questions for ya.

Are you foliar feeding?
Why did you switch from AN to Canna?

Looks amazing Jack!
:tongueout

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Holy crap those leaves are huge!!! I think I just got a woodie from those pics Jack. Im gettin an undercurrent after my next grow for sure. I have seen the light. Two quick questions for ya.

Are you foliar feeding?
Why did you switch from AN to Canna?

Looks amazing Jack!
:tongueout

I foliar feed with Advance floricuture the (yellow bottles) Sea Weed and Seafuel.. The word on the streets is Cana and H&G work way better in the Under Current system then Advance, I know TK tried advance and went back to H&G...JACK

M

mrdizzle

Hey jack, they are looking stellar bro, I love the side by side, show how retardly fast these system work. I feel like a fool for ever dealing with rockwool and coco.

whats your method of vegging going to be? Looks like your running the rooms a month apart,which I do and I love it,

I take cuts the day i flip, 3 wks later they are rooted and I start them Under tek5, 2 wks later I move them to a tent under a 1000w, 3wks later I transplant into the buckets for a wk or two more veg.

I little something I noticed that vegging under vertical makes a super stout branchy plant, but it seems to take longer to get the plant to grow up. So i started veggin with overhead until they are 2ft-3ft then hit them with the vertical once they get into the buckets

B

biggs

they're getting off to a nice start mate. can't wait to see some trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom