Jammin on it with a late/early start

• Thread starter Bilber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

This is my veg on top and flower on the bottom......not complete, but definitely on the way .....soooooooo much easier!!!!!!!!

20230918 162033
20230918 162228

No light leaks with the curtain down.......maybe a new veg/flower area next? Always hopeful......

Bilber

Bilber

Here's another question.....

Scenario -

Plant " A " split Sept 8th and hermed 4ish days later...I'm ASSUMing that the split and me fixing it ( pre-new easier accessibility to the plants), triggered it....

Plant " B " , sitting right next to plant " A " , has popped 🍌🍌 today Sept 19th.........two ( 2 ) buds, different branches, lower bud sites....

I did rough um up a lil while trying not to dump the loads and loads of pollen from the poor plant I split ( hence - leave a nice little, but not too little of a stem while topping/cloning ) ....train your plants nice and easy and slowly.......

So far, no other plant in the area ( 8ish ) are showing any signs.....

Question - what are the chances of plant " B " actually being an herm from the beginning......Sweet Tooth Feminized from Blimburn Seeds......

I'm doubtful.... I've ran their seeds before, and I wouldn't complain......

I'm also thinking it could be a 50ish mix......

Any thoughts or theories?

20230919 115505
20230919 115411

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Haven't heard the strain to be hermi. But I'd do more research there. Look at other grows of the same strain. You prob stressed it too much and it hermied that way. Not sure. But are you keep them no matter what?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Are the nanners only on the stalks that were affected by the split?

Bilber

Bilber

Haven't heard the strain to be hermi. But I'd do more research there. Look at other grows of the same strain. You prob stressed it too much and it hermied that way. Not sure. But are you keep them no matter what?
I won't cut um.......I lost 1 nice plant already.......if it was all over the place, ✂ ✂......

If anything, I'll get a couple seeded buds......

Herm seeds and bagseeds are what I experiment with.....if they grow, great...if they don't grow, great......

Yeah.....I'm definitely leaning towards me being not quite so gentle.....

Bilber

Bilber

Are the nanners only on the stalks that were affected by the split?
I ended up pulling the split plant a few days ago.....

Then today, 2 buds sprouted 🍌 on a different plant that was kinda overlapping the split hermed one....

I believe it was inflicted by me....

That's why i changed my access points.....

You're pretty spot on with your judgment of plants....it is definitely appreciated by me.....

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I ended up pulling the split plant a few days ago.....

Then today, 2 buds sprouted 🍌 on a different plant that was kinda overlapping the split hermed one....

I believe it was inflicted by me....

That's why i changed my access points.....

You're pretty spot on with your judgment of plants....it is definitely appreciated by me.....
Well, hell it could end up being a blessing right? Hopefully it is localized to just the spots you are saying. Seems like you may be good here, with some f1s for the next time. thank you for the kind words homie. Humbled. 🙏

Bilber

Bilber

So it seems the split, hermed, and chopped Tropicana Cookies Purple threw some pollen on the Sweet Tooth....

I'm not the smartest person, but I went to check on all of them this morning and realized that I have a Sweet Tooth clone under the HPS....

Nanner free.....

20230920 103112

Blimburn Seeds have yet to fail me, unless it was on me.....same thing with Seed Supreme......

I will run the Tropicana Cookies Purple clone I have on the next round......

I'm excited for the next flower run....

Hopefully I get at least 1 keeper.....

I have 2 keepers so far....still looking for others to join.....Skywalker O.G. and Alien O.G. .....

Bilber

Bilber

Stem splitting towards the end of harvest....

For shits and giggles, I will try this on one of my Skywalker O.G.s....

Both Skywalkers are clones...same everything.....

20230925 101114
20230925 101123

Any thoughts or suggestions....

Captś got me thinking with a couple of posts...

Next flower run will be soooooooooo much smoother.....

Open access, new non-screen hanging method will be incorporated......

Hope all is growing well with all.....!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So with stem splitting, when I made that thread I was keeping it to the method for the link I posted. There is a better way than box knives. I use a drill nowadays, I just didn’t want to throw to much info at folks on that particular thread. So step one, get a drill, and a bit that will go through the stalk all the way. So go to the base of the stalk, go 2 inches up from the medium, drill straight through. Then turn the drill 90 degrees go up another inch or 2 and drill all the way through again, for a total of 2 holes. It keeps the wound open, and eliminates the need to stick something through the stalk. Hit me up if you need some clarification homie.

Bilber

Bilber

So with stem splitting, when I made that thread I was keeping it to the method for the link I posted. There is a better way than box knives. I use a drill nowadays, I just didn’t want to throw to much info at folks on that particular thread. So step one, get a drill, and a bit that will go through the stalk all the way. So go to the base of the stalk, go 2 inches up from the medium, drill straight through. Then turn the drill 90 degrees go up another inch or 2 and drill all the way through again, for a total of 2 holes. It keeps the wound open, and eliminates the need to stick something through the stalk. Hit me up if you need some clarification homie.
Awesome....thank you @Captspaulding .....

I'll be trying this new method in about a week or so......

It won't be a controlled method.....just a does it or does it not look like it works....

Self satisfaction....and maybe we'll find out something.......

Thank you again for info..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Awesome....thank you @Captspaulding .....

I'll be trying this new method in about a week or so......

It won't be a controlled method.....just a does it or does it not look like it works....

Self satisfaction....and maybe we'll find out something.......

Thank you again for info..
Np buddy, it’ll be neat. You’ll like it.

Bilber

Bilber

Ummmmmmm......

20230926 164749
20230926 221626

1/8" drill bit................tiny little plant.......

And then I got to thinking.....why not try and plant some more.........

20230926 221116

Couple of these are gonna be "Fire 🔥 "...

Any guesses.........

4 different strains from Blimburn Seeds....

I'll give ya till they sprout for guessing.....if you guess right, I'm not sure what you get.....but......

Bilber

Bilber

In a few more weeks I'll be starting some new strains that hopefully turn out keepable.....

I've got 2 Northern Lights #10s in my veg for some reason....I hate to throw plants out....

The next run will probably be more cheezeball containers....smaller plants.....maybe clones.....like the Skywalkers I'll be stem splitting comparisons.....except trained....whoops...I mean Trained!!!!!

Jamaican is coming along....
Pineapple Chunk coming along...
Cherry Pie....finally got one coming along..
Maui Waui coming along....

Then my new hopefuls in germ -

Blueberry fem - non - O.G. ...
- #
- #
- #

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
In a few more weeks I'll be starting some new strains that hopefully turn out keepable.....

I've got 2 Northern Lights #10s in my veg for some reason....I hate to throw plants out....

The next run will probably be more cheezeball containers....smaller plants.....maybe clones.....like the Skywalkers I'll be stem splitting comparisons.....except trained....whoops...I mean Trained!!!!!

Jamaican is coming along....
Pineapple Chunk coming along...
Cherry Pie....finally got one coming along..
Maui Waui coming along....

Then my new hopefuls in germ -

Blueberry fem - non - O.G. ...
- #
- #
- #
I just introduced 5 new strains into the veg room today. I like that you roll with variety. I have 13 in total. Can’t wait to see you sprout them little shits👊🏻

Bilber

Bilber

6th week of " flowering " starts tomorrow....

20230930 153637
20230930 153653
20230930 153709
20230930 153735

Backed off on the nutes today.....they are starting to hurt....

The four new seeds popped.....into solos......

They weren't looking the greatest......the temperature probably had a bit of the cause.....

If and when they sprout, we'll be able to cram um in the veg area.......

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It’ll still bring you a badass winter haul homie. Looks solid from my front porch! Per usual man. 👊🏻

Top Bottom