Jammin on it with a late/early start

• Thread starter Bilber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

Looking awesome so far.......the trichomes have tripled overnight.........

Skywalker tester is on the left with the lighter......

20231006 093907

Seriously, nothing new overnight, other than it survived a massive attack.....these " weeds " are very forgiving for the most part.....

Close-up of " tester "

20231006 094024

Close-up of untouched Skywalker

20231006 094147

I'm impressed so far......resilient lil shits...

Normally I do 24 - 36 hrs dark preharvest.......preferred method is 36 hrs lights off......if I get a bug up my ass, I'll shorten it......

Ha......does the " preharvest, lights out " method work?

Let's agree to disagree.........shall we......

I say that because :

1 - I have not none a side by side comparison........I wouldn't be able to do a professionally controlled comparison anyways......hence, number 2

2 - growing cannabis is a Ginormous rabbit 🐰 hole......information everywhere....but the article's that catch my attention are backed with solid information......true studies from colleges or the like....

Plants recover at night.......right?

Why not give them a lil more recovery time........that's my mechanically inclined brain way of thinking.......

I've been preharvest lights out for my last few grows.....I can't go back until there's something, I'm not sure......

In my head, maybe......but I do think it works........

But then again.......I'm not looking for the couch lock trichomes either........

In other news, the seeds decided to start their journey.......

20231006 105753

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Looking awesome so far.......the trichomes have tripled overnight.........

Skywalker tester is on the left with the lighter......

View attachment 2053910

Seriously, nothing new overnight, other than it survived a massive attack.....these " weeds " are very forgiving for the most part.....

Close-up of " tester "

View attachment 2053912

Close-up of untouched Skywalker

View attachment 2053913

I'm impressed so far......resilient lil shits...

Normally I do 24 - 36 hrs dark preharvest.......preferred method is 36 hrs lights off......if I get a bug up my ass, I'll shorten it......

Ha......does the " preharvest, lights out " method work?

Let's agree to disagree.........shall we......

I say that because :

1 - I have not none a side by side comparison........I wouldn't be able to do a professionally controlled comparison anyways......hence, number 2

2 - growing cannabis is a Ginormous rabbit 🐰 hole......information everywhere....but the article's that catch my attention are backed with solid information......true studies from colleges or the like....

Plants recover at night.......right?

Why not give them a lil more recovery time........that's my mechanically inclined brain way of thinking.......

I've been preharvest lights out for my last few grows.....I can't go back until there's something, I'm not sure......

In my head, maybe......but I do think it works........

But then again.......I'm not looking for the couch lock trichomes either........

In other news, the seeds decided to start their journey.......

View attachment 2053914
Looks like it’ll be just fine bro! That’s already a damned nice sticky looking cola. It couldn’t hurt any!
We can agree to disagree on the lights out.
I generally harvest lights on, a couple hours after they pop on. My thinking is, lights out, everything gets dropped back into the soil at night nutrient wise, good and bad, I like to let the plant juice up then I’ll chop. If you do a dry back like I do sometimes, lights out really isn’t necessary either, because the plant would have eaten all available nutrients in the plant and medium anyways. Plants totally need a recovery time! I agree there, I just think a normal 12 hours break will do the trick!
So hell yeah bro! Congratulations on the seedlings.
So are you harvesting shaqs wife next week?

Bilber

Bilber

Looks like it’ll be just fine bro! That’s already a damned nice sticky looking cola. It couldn’t hurt any!
We can agree to disagree on the lights out.
I generally harvest lights on, a couple hours after they pop on. My thinking is, lights out, everything gets dropped back into the soil at night nutrient wise, good and bad, I like to let the plant juice up then I’ll chop. If you do a dry back like I do sometimes, lights out really isn’t necessary either, because the plant would have eaten all available nutrients in the plant and medium anyways. Plants totally need a recovery time! I agree there, I just think a normal 12 hours break will do the trick!
So hell yeah bro! Congratulations on the seedlings.
So are you harvesting shaqs wife next week?
That's awesome.....truth be told, I pull plants differently, at all stages.......maybe a few ambers........maybe.......

oldchucky said it best in the outdoor section.....something like -

" Where's everyone getting these magic beans that are ready for harvest this early "

I love it......so much fun........

Page 247 now of 1 of um......of 3something.......I'm getting there........I hate posting when I'm not up-to-date.....

Bilber

Bilber

Update with the Skywalker stem splitting comparison....

Nothing different.....they both look the same.....I can't tell any noticeable difference......

My outdoor grow failed miserably........Fuckin white Shit!!!!!!

Now I'm starting to pull my indoor.....gotta have something to smoke.....I'm not into the total couch lock feel......

Now I've gotta come up with another spot for another grow area......

I might have persuaded the wife to get us a new light.....my hps/mh is too close for comfort......no more room to raise it.....I wish it was dimmable......I can run 600w, 400w, or something like 200w or so.....I'm running the 400 and towards the end, it's too much......

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Skywalker stem split = the one in front of the lighter

View attachment 2056426View attachment 2056427

These plants are under the HPS......
Dry them separately, and compare the size to density ratio between a dry product. I think that’s when the proof comes out in the pudding. I always found trying to judge things like that by eye, I’d like watching grass grow. Tough to make heads or tails. At least for me anyways. Killing it man! Love your grow!

Bilber

Bilber

Dry them separately, and compare the size to density ratio between a dry product. I think that’s when the proof comes out in the pudding. I always found trying to judge things like that by eye, I’d like watching grass grow. Tough to make heads or tails. At least for me anyways. Killing it man! Love your grow!
Thank you Capt. I definitely will weight before and after.....I'm kinda pulling two plants at a time as we're texting....

I'll let the two testers ride it out till the end of harvest......

I ended up pulling my blacklight out to scope out the outdoor grow.......it's beautiful.......bright neon green on a couple of buds.....not good.......I actually ended up with 0 grams/ounces/pounds from my outdoor grow.....

Pumpkins did me in.......

You have quite the setup ( s ) ........awesome selection of strains you have growing.....well, page 300ish anyways.....always appreciate your knowledge with plants......you help alot of us out .......you ever need anything, just ask.....

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You reminded me I’ll have to get some skywalker instead of asking folks what it tastes like

I had some in dam it was only available in one shop and was new to the scene and every so often I’d get a bag it was very different tasting to what else was about

Looks nice

I’ve done the 48hr dark thing once can’t be bothered to try it again & do prefer to harvest when lights first come on tbh there’s no right way or wrong way there’s just what works for you

Bilber

Bilber

I agree.....I'm pulling with the lights on, midway through the dark cycle......I pull when I have an opportunity.......

If I knew how to send clones, they'd be ready next week.......

Cannot wait till this next run.....I'm kinda excited to try a couple new strains.....I usually have something new, but I wanted a variety this time........

I'll have some time to rebuild my area a lil more....a hopeful separate flowering area for testers........we shall see what I'll be " allowed " to do.......

Bilber

Bilber

Newcleus - Jam on It = https://g.co/kgs/2g6sZz

Hopefully this link works......kinda fitting.....I'm not too sure how to get the link and picture with it......someday.......or not.....

Before I got a bug up my, well, the Before picture......might be a couple days old....

20231010 143332

Today, ummm, today was a good music day......cleaned up in the house and then...........

20231011 171909

This will be the testing cabinet.....plus, there will be 3, hopefully, solo cups that will not be ready by the end of the month......not that I'm expecting anything from any of the 3 neglected solos.....but.....

This opens up a whole new anygame....!!

Hope all is growing well with everyone.....

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thank you Capt. I definitely will weight before and after.....I'm kinda pulling two plants at a time as we're texting....

I'll let the two testers ride it out till the end of harvest......

I ended up pulling my blacklight out to scope out the outdoor grow.......it's beautiful.......bright neon green on a couple of buds.....not good.......I actually ended up with 0 grams/ounces/pounds from my outdoor grow.....

Pumpkins did me in.......

You have quite the setup ( s ) ........awesome selection of strains you have growing.....well, page 300ish anyways.....always appreciate your knowledge with plants......you help alot of us out .......you ever need anything, just ask.....
Of coarse! Same goes for you man! Hit me up anytime. I just got to my kids house, left at 6am from Houston, a standstill in Birmingham later. 3am. Driving east I lost an hour too…so, 22 hours straight, oh and it rained the whole damned way too 😂 I’m hosed davey, I’ve been hosed

Bilber

Bilber

Of coarse! Same goes for you man! Hit me up anytime. I just got to my kids house, left at 6am from Houston, a standstill in Birmingham later. 3am. Driving east I lost an hour too…so, 22 hours straight, oh and it rained the whole damned way too 😂 I’m hosed davey, I’ve been hosed
Awesome....great to hear that you have landed.......enjoy your time and be safe.....thank you Capt....

Bilber

Bilber

Skywalker testers....the one on the right has been drilled.......the untouched one threw some nanners......

20231012 095458
20231012 095512
20231012 095618
20231012 095657
20231012 095725
20231012 095744

Almost ready for the new batch to jump in......kinda bouncing between projects at the moment.....haven't done anything with the cabinet addition yet.....hopeful though.....

Hope all are doing well........

Bilber

Bilber

Hopefully tomorrow it'll be a little more completed......

I'm not too concerned about it being complete, but I do want it running and running satisfactory, to my standards and with my atmosphere.........

Test cabinet -
Day 1 - Tropicana Cookies Purple is in....pictures tomorrow.....

20231015 204253

Still aways out from being able to flip to 12/12......but closer.......

Hope all is growing well....

Bilber

Bilber

20231016 153638
20231016 153739

Boxed in.....kinda......scrap wood worked out alright.....gotta get silicone and paint........that'll be a few mins. probably.....

Bilber

Bilber

Pulled um all.....

Drilled tester = lighter

20231019 111849
20231019 111908

Drilled

20231019 111918

Not Drilled

20231019 111927

Found a nanner in the drilled one.....

Nothing looks or smells different.....on to the drying process.......kinda, but not quite controlled atmosphere.......it works....do I wish it were better? Sure....

I am thinking of trying a DWC trial run.......blindly.......I've gotta order a pump......that I know.....and a black and yellow lidded container.......can you run smaller containers?

I've gotta go find that rabbit.........

Top Bottom