Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmer P

Farmer P

Lookin good guys! I need to get a setup too. I was out all day at the motorsports shop trading in my boat and when I got home my two biggest plants were starting to droop they were so thirsty. Had to mix a batch quick. It will be nice to not have to worry about that. They are drinking up the solo cups fast now. How many gallons did you put in that res Joey?

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Thejoeybrown
so the way I do it with watering is
allow the lines to run long enough to flood the top of the coco
usually about 1-2min depending on the pot size
then the water will evenly distribute throughout the entire pot

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lookin good guys! I need to get a setup too. I was out all day at the motorsports shop trading in my boat and when I got home my two biggest plants were starting to droop they were so thirsty. Had to mix a batch quick. It will be nice to not have to worry about that. They are drinking up the solo cups fast now. How many gallons did you put in that res Joey?
I just mixed a 5 gal buckets worth, then dumped that in the res....

Farmer P

Farmer P

I just mixed a 5 gal buckets worth, then dumped that in the res....
Nice, how long you think that will last you? With plants of different sizes you have to have some kind of regulators too huh. I set up a dripper system on my garden last year and I used the flag drippers that can be adjusted. Works pretty well. A few days after planting it hailed bad. I had to go out and scoop the ice out so my babies didn't freeze.lol

20160312 1711311
20160307 1733261
jipp

jipp

Nice, how long you think that will last you? With plants of different sizes you have to have some kind of regulators too huh. I set up a dripper system on my garden last year and I used the flag drippers that can be adjusted. Works pretty well. A few days after planting it hailed bad. I had to go out and scoop the ice out so my babies didn't freeze.lol
damn bro, hah. looks cold and id take that right now :D
been a warm one here today.. im glad these plants i have are good in heat!
chris.

Farmer P

Farmer P

damn bro, hah. looks cold and id take that right now :D
been a warm one here today.. im glad these plants i have are good in heat!
chris.
Yeah, I would take that too. Was just cleaning my garage and pouring sweat. Sweat running down the back of my ears and shit, makes me feel like bugs or something have to keep wiping it. Miserable. Inside now sitting right in front of the swamp cooler on full blast. Toke up!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

DAMN!!!
Thats crazy!

A week or 2 on the 5 gal bucket

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I put 15 gal for this first time. Gives me room to work around top if need me and I will be watching closely while i dial it in

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

@Thejoeybrown
so the way I do it with watering is
allow the lines to run long enough to flood the top of the coco
usually about 1-2min depending on the pot size
then the water will evenly distribute throughout the entire pot
How many gph are your drippers. Mine are 2 gph i got run off pretty quickly but they were just dribbles. Just curious

Wisher619

Wisher619

My manifold for distribution
the blue line is for dumping the res

if I wanted to I could use the pressure reg on the drip mani

the blue things are just basket stakes
just dispurse the flow evenly and diffuse it

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

My manifold for distribution
the blue line is for dumping the res
View attachment 713502 View attachment 713503

if I wanted to I could use the pressure reg on the drip mani
View attachment 713504

the blue things are just basket stakes
just dispurse the flow evenly and diffuse it
View attachment 713505
Got ya. I love it bro. Ya I've already decided I'm going to upgrade the drippers a little. No biggie they're still cheap. I went with the cheapo ones to start because I didn't know what to expect. The flow and pressure is great just want a lil more even dispersment. I'm thinking it spread out and saturated the Coco just fine but it would make me feel better. Haha

Wisher619

Wisher619

that is why I have rock/hydroton mulch
it helps disperse the feed

I dont like trying to account for how much the 2gph dripper will actually flow
and they also get clogged super quick.....within a week or so with mineral nutrients

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

that is why I have rock/hydroton mulch
it helps disperse the feed

I dont like trying to account for how much the 2gph dripper will actually flow
and they also get clogged super quick.....within a week or so with mineral nutrients
I see ya that's why I figured I would need something a little different. I also have a bag of hydroton (actually hydrocorn) maybe I should wash it up and add a top layer. I'm gonna do some searching tomorrow for a better dripper. Do you have a link for the ones you use? Or something similar? I can't really see in the picture and can compare with others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom