Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Did some light Defoliation today on the girls they were getting hella bushy. Wanted to open up some bud sites. Gonna let them fill back out then next time will be right at flip and strip almost all the fan leaves. Also took off the tie downs. Gonna let them stretch their legs and grow upward until flip then I'll tie down branches only as needed to even put the canopy. Still coontemplating a scrog although I gotta decide quick

IMG 5316
IMG 5317
IMG 5318
IMG 5319
IMG 5320
jipp

jipp

they look good. i need a lot of practice training.. maybe on my 6th grow ill have a nice looking plant in veg.. hell in flower they all look good regardless how bad you fuck up in veg if they healthy and you have good air flow.
chris.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

@Wisher619 what's up bro. I'm getting ready to flip these girls real soon (want to see how we do in a 4x4 with 6 week veg from seed) and I'm going to defoliate. So you're saying EVERY Fan leaf? Do you leave the top 2 on all the tops? Just want to get this straight. Lol. I've been reading a lot on the subject and been planning on doing this way but want your advice. Thanks man.

Also I am torn between throwing a scrog screen on top of them the day of flip and just spreading thru stretch. Would it be behoove me or am I better off just using stakes and light LST if need be?

IMG 5338
Wisher619

Wisher619

@Wisher619 what's up bro. I'm getting ready to flip these girls real soon (want to see how we do in a 4x4 with 6 week veg from seed) and I'm going to defoliate. So you're saying EVERY Fan leaf? Do you leave the top 2 on all the tops? Just want to get this straight. Lol. I've been reading a lot on the subject and been planning on doing this way but want your advice. Thanks man.

Also I am torn between throwing a scrog screen on top of them the day of flip and just spreading thru stretch. Would it be behoove me or am I better off just using stakes and light LST if need be?
so my advice through alot of reading and reaearch
and experience
for deleafing
wait until day 14 of flower
then YES EVERY FAN LEAF!!
do not leave the top or anything....every fan

at that point put your net up
your flowers will be slightly stunted and basically be done stretching and will then focus on growing buds

no scrog....
you will see once you defoliate
they will be a bunch of sticks growing straight up

but they will pack on good buds and they will pack on further down creating more buds

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

and experience
for deleafing

your flowers will be slightly stunted and basically be done stretching and will then focus on growing buds

no scrog....

but they will pack on good buds and they will pack on further down creating more buds
So if I'm understanding right...
Flip to flower
Day 14 defoliate EVERY FAN LEAF leaving only growth nodes
Do not "scrog" as in no tucking but use my scrog net for support?
Do I put the net level with the top at day 14 or do I put it so they are sticking out a little ways? In your opinion

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Flip to flower
Do I put the net level with the top at day 14 or do I put it so they are sticking out a little ways? In your opinion
Flip to flower

U understand perfectly...

Im gonna guess you will slide the net down 5 or 6 inches, but I may be wrong...

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

U understand perfectly...

Im gonna guess you will slide the net down 5 or 6 inches, but I may be wrong...
Ya that's what I was thinking too since the stretch will be basically over. I keep saying "scrog" but I dont intend on tucking and pulling or I would have done it earlier and filled it that way. I just mean "scrog" as the net.

How's your set up comin along bro? Did you get your parts?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ya that's what I was thinking too since the stretch will be basically over. I keep saying "scrog" but I dont intend on tucking and pulling or I would have done it earlier and filled it that way. I just mean "scrog" as the net.

How's your set up comin along bro? Did you get your parts?
Yep,, well im waiting on my tent , should be in tomm!
draining my system and cleaning the room up so i be ready tomm..

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Yep,, well im waiting on my tent , should be in tomm!
draining my system and cleaning the room up so i be ready tomm..
Can't wait to see it brotha. I'm still dialing mine in but I'm loving it. I'm making my halos today too. I really like that idea gonna give it a try. Had the extra tubing so 2.39 for a pack of 30 T connectors was no biggie if I don't like it

incogneato

incogneato

and experience
for deleafing

no scrog....

I'm thinking of trying this on a few if my girls this run. You've never lead me astray either. I have a few doubles, maybe I'll do a comparison

visajoe1

visajoe1

Can't wait to see it brotha. I'm still dialing mine in but I'm loving it. I'm making my halos today too. I really like that idea gonna give it a try. Had the extra tubing so 2.39 for a pack of 30 T connectors was no biggie if I don't like it
Im with eventhorizon on using the net as support. It will make your life much easier around week 5 to the end of flower.

I just used wire cutters to make the holes I needed for my halos, making a 'V' cut on the bottom half of the drip line. And, on one end of the halo, I cut a piece of the top half of the line so the line can be removed from the barbed T connector more easily, but still stay attached. So, I can move things around if I need to (running perpetual).

Wisher619

Wisher619

I'm thinking of trying this on a few if my girls this run. You've never lead me astray either. I have a few doubles, maybe I'll do a comparison
yeah brother that would be awesome for you to do a side by side to see if the technique works well for you
and to get a hang of it
oh yeah also
@EventHorizan
I would suggest at day 14 lower you lights down to between 14-18" above canopy

and let it cruise

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yeah brother that would be awesome for you to do a side by side to see if the technique works well for you
and to get a hang of it
oh yeah also
@EventHorizan
I would suggest at day 14 lower you lights down to between 14-18" above canopy

and let it cruise
u mean in my c02 veg, or do u mean after 14 days flower when i defan?
Sry im all over the place tonight...
cleaned my wholw groom, and getting her ready for the new tent...I wou;ld swear ive had some good growth over night but
that might be me, and wishful thinking!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Had to skim through to catch up but damn brotha! Coming along like an old pro!
Thanks bro! Gotta just keep trying to get better and get more experience. Ya man I would love to see a side by side with the Defoliation. It's hard to find a side by side because most people are all for it or all against it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom