Jumping Right In! Brand New Set Up

• Thread starter Goodthingsgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The reason why my clones in a jar survived is because the floor of my veg tent is about 72゚ and 75% relative humidity. You can follow that .4 all the way down the chart

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Outer room. Maybe too cold I thank.
Yup to low. Honestly I would try setting the heat mat to 75 with a towel and see how she goes. If you can find or barrow an IR tenp gun to check the temps of the bottom of the tray and cubes would be good. Want those sitting around 72-78f i would say 74 being optimal.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I lowered the temp on the mat stat to its lowest at 68.
The towel is in place. Now just wait to see if any changes. If it’s still too hot, I will try either a second towel on top or a thicker one.
I also set the humidifier lower to Try to edge closer to the 1kpa mark. At my present numbers it’s 0.8 kpa.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The towel is in place. Now just wait to see if any changes. If it’s still too hot, I will try either a second towel on top or a thicker one.
I also set the humidifier lower to Try to edge closer to the 1kpa mark. At my present numbers it’s 0.8 kpa.
Leaf tenp included in that calculation? I would stick to about 75f instead of going hot to cold.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Lol. Sorry, the dehumidifier is in the mom tent. I’m trying to edge that VPD closer to 1kpa not the clone dome.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

These clones, no matter how sorry, have been the best learning experience.
I do believe it’s the mat and finding the right settings and placement. Once this is proper, look out! I have a tent full of second chances.
The VPD chart will be my most visited page I think.

amekins

amekins

These clones, no matter how sorry, have been the best learning experience.
I do believe it’s the mat and finding the right settings and placement. Once this is proper, look out! I have a tent full of second chances.
The VPD chart will be my most visited page I think.
I have it printed and in a sleeve protector hanging from the outside of my tent along with feeding schedules.

amekins

amekins

You guys prob know this and @Aqua Man already has mentioned this a few times but.. Don’t forget that the vpd isn’t a fixed chart. It fluctuates as the data points (rh %, temp, leaf temp) fluctuate.
Generally speaking, I’ve noticed the sweet spot is temp in degrees F minus 10 for the RH. For example, 80 F 70%. 70 F 60%. It’s not perfect but it’s close.

Top Bottom