Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ooookay, just set up the new 200watt alongside the 100w. Yeah, my tallest seedling was getting a little cooked but I couldn't see it before because the fixture and mylar were snow-blinding me. No biggie, it'll recover. I've set the fixtures at about a 16" above with even spacing between. I need to buy one more tray so I can spread the seedlings out a little better. Should also order some 3gal or 5gal smart pots. I think I may end up having more than 3 plants in here so it'll probably be 3's. I figure I need to keep the pots as small as possible to maximise the reflection off the mylar. Anyhoo, here's a 300w total 3x CXB3590 with Meanwell drivers and active cooling (for those just joining).

Sh*t!!!, had to flip the fan from the top to the bottom. Needed the warm air to go down with the single 100w. Went up 23F from 74F to 97F with the new double unit added. Got up close to 100F before I put the fan at the bottom and opened every top vent. Still sitting in the low 90Fs. Need to figure out my game plan with airflow before we reach late spring temps in the mid 80Fs. Will need to start drawing in outside air and I need a particulate/pest filter for that.

Very happy to be to able to daisy chain the 100w off of the 200w. Wasn't sure it would work when I saw the weird looking outlet at first, then realised it was an all in one combination N. American/international outlet. They really thought it through when they designed this thing. The outlet is energised even when the lamp is turned off so things don't need to be unplugged and moved around to turn off individual lights in the daisy chain. I'm very impressed with CF Grow's thoughtful design process. They said they were the ones who designed the CXB3590 and now I don't doubt it.

20180424 121934
20180424 121948
20180424 121956
20180424 122008
20180424 141542

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...I know these lights have a great grow spectrum because my ethylene gas producing banana bunches ripen super fast and are the sweetest tasting bananas I've had in years. That kind of ripening usually requires sunlight. Cool.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey neighbor. It’s that time of year again. Glad to see you growing.
I also am just busting out of the soil. Looks like 16 out of 18 this year, but I only have 12 holes, so looking good here. I plan on starting a grow log.

Was wandering around the forum checking on friends and was wondering if you started that grow log yet. Really looking forward to picking up a few tips and emulating a master outdoor grower.

Been kinda quiet around lately. Everybody is probably busy getting their grows set up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Caught the som'b*tch that's been keeping me up all night with it's chewing. You've got to watch out for these bastards in your grow around here too. This guy dragged my rat trap 50' into the brush and the dogs found it for me this morning. Little f^cker!!!

It's about a 2.5' Norway gray rat.
20180425 100540

Rcubed

Rcubed

Caught the som'b*tch that's been keeping me up all night with it's chewing. You've got to watch out for these bastards in your grow around here too. This guy dragged my rat trap 50' into the brush and the dogs found it for me this morning. Little f^cker!!!

It's about a 2.5' Norway gray rat.
View attachment 795359
My dogs kill some big ones like that. I've never had them mess with the grow because they eat the grapefruit that fall off the tree. They'll hollow out the fruit but if my dogs see them they're goners

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Trying a different formation to concentrate the light. Might pick up another single and use them for side lighting or pick up another double and set the single aside for a small seedling tent.

20180425 174007
20180425 174026
20180425 174033

BudBogart

BudBogart

Was wandering around the forum checking on friends and was wondering if you started that grow log yet. Really looking forward to picking up a few tips and emulating a master outdoor grower.

Been kinda quiet around lately. Everybody is probably busy getting their grows set up.
Thank you for your kind words. Actually, it’s the help I got off this forum that enabled me grow those beauties.
I had great plans for a stellar garden this year, but life happens and I am just now getting started. I will get a journal started ASAP as it’s always great to receive tips and feedback from my fellow growers. Again, thanks.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thank you for your kind words. Actually, it’s the help I got off this forum that enabled me grow those beauties.
I had great plans for a stellar garden this year, but life happens and I am just now getting started. I will get a journal started ASAP as it’s always great to receive tips and feedback from my fellow growers. Again, thanks.

It's all good brother. I don't do fluff. I tend to say what I mean. The only time I try to buffer my statements is when s person is learning and making mistakes. In that I usually try to stay constructive and not ridicule, unless I feel joking about it may be even more helpful so a person doesn't take themselves too seriously.

All teachers were students once. You're definitely at the teacher level.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I think I finally got the height and formation of the array dialed. Set it to roughly 10" above the average height of the beanlings. Don't know for sure cause I can't find my tape measure but I'll record it as soon as I do.

Triangle is not only the strongest shape. It also has an overlap that is beautimus.
20180426 181541
20180426 181457

The Creamsicle are extremely vigorous. I'm going to run their flower at least a few weeks longer this year. That way my buds don't come out "foofy" as a local co-op guy called them (all sugar shake and very small bracts). They were huge and heavy when freshly harvested but lost around 90% of their weight when dried. Not this time, sir.
20180426 181506

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Words to live by...

Don't tell the truth in court,
Don't flip off a CHP,
Don't take a date to Taco Bell,
Don't smoke a joint you got from a biker,
Don't introduce your girlfriend to a buddy with a giant d*ck,

...and FOR F^CK'S SAKE, don't try to install your own 5th wheel hitch! (Especially after laughing at the installer for quoting 3.5hrs shop time) Just pay the f^ckin money.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm posting this in my grow log because it has everything to do with how I'm going to do it. Finished installing the 5th wheel yesterday and ventured into the ghetto of Olivehurst to pick up my trailer before someone tried to turn it into a meth lab. Took two days, a metric sh*t-ton of Norco, and mad fabrication skills on my part to get that 20k lb hitch installed. Today I hurt like a motherf^cker. My CRPS (or RSDS, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome) has flaired up with a vengance and wracked every inch of my body with searing pain.

Finally, I can focus my time and money on a solar powered grow...

20180429 213320

She's a little dirty, needs a little TLC, and new graywater tank, but she's got great bones, no roof leaks, fully functional, and the biggest shower I've ever seen in a trailer. Paid $1200 and 1/2lb of weed for it. The white trash I bought it from were not so successfully growing weed in the shower. I'm excited because I finally have a living room that is big enough for my little grow tent and my VR system. Might remove the built in bed frame and buy a small daybed frame and move my grow up to the bedroom, then I'll really have room to play (yay). Go go Robo Recall, it's f^ckin on!!!

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've been having gang of probs with the Jiffy pots and cheap soil. My plants absolutely hate it and they're definitely complaining about it. So I picked up some new pots and a K-9 cube, and we're gonna rectify this b*tch. Gonna cut the Jiffys off before transplanting to avoid issues with hydro displacement but the starter soil hates holding water so they should reach right through it and out. You're going to see an exponential difference in a matter of days. I'm sure of it. Just as soon as their little roots get a bite on the new soil. Also increasing their light to 16hrs because I don't want them to flip early.

20180501 135158
20180501 134629

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The new setup with pro gear. F^ck those POS Jiffy pots. This should do the trick. The ones in the black pots will trans outdoors in a few days if the weather holds warm and they perk up a bit. If they come out as dudes, I'll cull them.
20180501 155516
20180501 155501

These bananas are perfect to eat but time for a new bunch. They're starting to attract fruit flies.
20180501 160345

Rcubed

Rcubed

The new setup with pro gear. F^ck those POS Jiffy pots. This should do the trick. The ones in the black pots will trans outdoors in a few days if the weather holds warm and they perk up a bit. If they come out as dudes, I'll cull them.
View attachment 796887 View attachment 796890

These bananas are perfect to eat but time for a new bunch. They're starting to attract fruit flies.
View attachment 796891
Yeah, they'll start motoring in that soil. I've had some outdoors since early March and they're motoring. I think I'll take clones off the 2 regular plants just to sex them. The GG4 and the OG Kush were fems but the NL and the White Widow are regs so I need to see if they're males
IMG 20180501 162431

White Widow, GG4, NL, GG4
IMG 20180501 162417

OG Kush

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah, they'll start motoring in that soil. I've had some outdoors since early March and they're motoring. I think I'll take clones off the 2 regular plants just to sex them. The GG4 and the OG Kush were fems but the NL and the White Widow are regs so I need to see if they're males
View attachment 796896
White Widow, GG4, NL, GG4
View attachment 796897
OG Kush

Oh sh*t, them WW & GG4 is huge. I hope the WW goes fem. My kush were that size early. I know they were clones, but still. I can't imagine how big they coulda got. Throw them b*tches in 2 hundis and watch the trees grow!

Rcubed

Rcubed

Oh sh*t, them WW & GG4 is huge. I hope the WW goes fem. My kush were that size early. I know they were clones, but still. I can't imagine how big they coulda got. Throw them b*tches in 2 hundis and watch the trees grow!
Yeah, the two middle ones I started a couple weeks after the two on the ends. I wonder how big they'll get and if the genetics will somewhat limit their size. I saw Westies thread where they got humongous.

Top Bottom